/* */

PDA

View Full Version : United in Islam despite our diversity

LusoHijabi
08-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Islam is probably the most diverse religion in the world in terms of race,ethnicity and culture. Islam has pretty much infiltrated every country and culture making it a very multicultural faith. We now have established and thriving muslim communities in USA, Western Europe and Latin America where previosuly Islam was barely existent.

Despite our amazing diversity we are united in our common Islamic identity more united I think than any other religious group. Islam is a very strong brotherhood and sisterhood.

Its weird cos Islam for muslims is an identity that transcends borders and cultures but still unites 1.6 billion people. In that I feel as much affinity with an Indian muslim or a Bosnian muslim or an Ethiopian Muslim as I do with my fellow Azeris & Brazillian muslims . We have something very unique that we should cherish more

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snel
08-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Yes, Islam is against nationalism and racism. Race equality, while foreign to many is something obvious to a muslim. Not only is it obvious, it is deeply reflected in our behavior and attitude towards other people. The same cannot be said about the vast majority of people, who till this day are having to struggle to eliminate racism and are still failing to do so. Not to say that racism is fully eliminated among muslims, but Islam has done a far better job than other ways of life.
It's easy for us as muslims to lay aside our differences and work towards a common goal. The prophet Mohammad said that an arab has no superiority over a non-arab, and vise versa. He also said that a white person has no superiority over a black person, and vise versa.

We'd rather see non-muslims enter Islam and worship God rather than dying in a state of disbelief and consequently enter hellfire. This is one reason to why we share our religion with other people, we don't conceal our religion and make it a private club, like the Jews for example. We want others to embrace the truth, and we have a duty as muslims to make sure that people know about Islam.

Anyhow, since your profile says you are a muslim I suppose you already knew all of this. But to the non-muslims out there, this may still be beneficial to know.

umairlooms
08-10-2015, 11:08 AM
yes, but I have faced very hostile racism....being a Pakistani...that too in Saudi Arabia

We have not even learned to be tolerant among ourselves.

This is all because of not believing in Allah and hence not believing that we are judged only in accordance with our level of piety.

Some of the best muslims I have met came from non muslim or non predominant muslim countries, proving, it is ISLAM that binds us into a brotherhood ,and not colour, race , ethnicity..It is a gift to find a believing brother at every end of the world.

may Allah guide us all and appreciate this gift

sister herb
08-10-2015, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
Some of the best muslims I have met came from non muslim or non predominant muslim countries, proving, it is ISLAM that binds us into a brotherhood ,and not colour, race , ethnicity..It is a gift to find a believing brother at every end of the world.

may Allah guide us all and appreciate this gift
Thats maybe because muslims in non-muslim countries have many times faced racism by themselves, also racism against their religion. People whose have lived all their life in muslim majority areas, might not have personal experiencies about racism. They might not know how racism feels when you are the target of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
soheil1
08-11-2015, 06:40 AM
That's because Muslims in non-Muslim countries tolerate hardships, and as Rumi(ra) says, hardships strenghtens the self of a believer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!