/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this verse

Abdullah12786
08-12-2015, 04:13 AM
Can some brother help me explain this verse what does this 'us' mean im recently having problems explaining about why Allah uses 'we' and here 'us' is used can someone help me plz

And We made them leaders guiding by Our command. And We inspired to them the doing of good deeds, establishment of prayer, and giving of zakah; and they were worshippers of Us.(Alone)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mihja
11-13-2015, 02:28 AM
Dear Brother

This is a very good question.

This is a figurative language, In arabic language speaking in plural come to show the greatness of speaker.

For example when a king issues an order, the orders comes like WE ORDERED, OR WE WARN..etc yet the order comes from the king only.

And since Quran is in arabic language one of Quran's miracles that it is of the highest level of the language with the most beautiful sentences very eloquence.

ِALLAH challenged Qureish (Who were the masters of the language) to come up with one chapter that is comparable to Quran.

in surat albaqra chap 2 verse 23,24

[2.23] If you are in doubt of what We have sent down to Our worshiper (Prophet Muhammad), produce a chapter comparable to it. Call upon your helpers, other than Allah, to assist you, if you are true.

[2.24] But if you fail, as you are sure to fail, then guard yourselves against the Fire whose fuel is people and stones, prepared for the unbelievers.

I hope this answers your question.

AhmedGassama
11-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Yes, he is right, i'm an arabic speaker and the pronoun "we" is made to show the greatness of Allah, this is the arabic language

They are another thing, the pronoun "Antom" which means you in plurar can be used to a singular person to show respect and reverence to the one we speak to.

So, don't worry bro, Allah is one and alone :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!