/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is a muslim girl allowed to hang out with a gay muslim boy?

Latvija
08-12-2015, 04:42 PM
I know it is considered unacceptable for girls to hang out with boys because of the risk of sexual tension between the two, but what if the boy is gay ?

Thank you for yours answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
08-12-2015, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latvija
I know it is considered unacceptable for girls to hang out with boys because of the risk of sexual tension between the two,
Salaam.

Re-read what you just wrote ;D and ask again

Latvija
08-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Read the full sentence.

Iceee
08-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Salaam.

Read the full sentence.
YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION!

I know it is considered unacceptable for girls to hang out with boys because of the risk of sexual tension between the two, but what if the boy is gay ?
What difference does it make? :heated: If that were the case, boys would just say they're gay. That's what I meant LOL.

Boys are boys.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Latvija
08-13-2015, 05:03 AM
So if a gay boy can't hang out with other guys to prevent temptation, and can't hang out with girls because of some unknown logic, are they bound to stay alone forever by islamic rules ?

umairlooms
08-13-2015, 05:05 AM
actually in ottomon times, the royal harem was guarded by eunechs

Abz2000
08-13-2015, 06:14 AM
Sunan Abu-Dawud,
Book 32, Number 4095:
Narrated*Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
A mukhannath (eunuch) used to enter upon the wives of Prophet.
They (the people) counted him among those who were free of physical needs.
One day the Prophet entered upon us when he was with one of his wives, and was describing the qualities of a woman, saying: When she comes forward, she comes forward with four (folds in her stomach), and when she goes backward, she goes backward with eight (folds in her stomach).
The Prophet said: Do I not see that this (man) knows what here lies. Then they (the wives) observed veil from him.
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 613:*
Narrated Um Salama:
The Prophet came to me while there was an effeminate man sitting with me, and I heard him (i.e. the effeminate man) saying to 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya,
"O 'Abdullah! See if Allah should make you conquer Ta'if tomorrow, then take the daughter of Ghailan (in marriage) as (she is so beautiful and fat that) she shows four folds of flesh when facing you, and eight when she turns her back."
The Prophet then said, "These (effeminate men) should never enter upon you (O women!)."
Ibn Juraij said, "That effeminate man was called Hit.
Sahih Muslim
Book 026, Number 5415:*
Umm Salama reported that she had a eunuch (as a slave) in her house.
Allah's Messenger imay peace be upon him) was once in the house that he (the eunuch) said to the brother of Umm Salama:
Abdullahb. Aba Umayya. if Allah grants you victory in Ta'if on the next day, I will show you the daughter of Ghailan for she has four folds (upon her body) on the front side of her stomach and eight folds on the back.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) heard this and he said: Such (people) should not visit you
Sunan Abu-Dawud,
Book 41, Number 4910:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:A mukhannath who had dyed his hands and feet with henna was brought to the Prophet.
He asked: What is the matter with this man?
He was told: Apostle of Allah! he affects women's get-up.
So he ordered regarding him and he was banished to an-Naqi'.
The people said: Apostle of Allah! should we not kill him?
He said: I have been prohibited from killing people who pray.
AbuUsamah said: Naqi' is a region near Medina and not a Baqi (in other words not referring to*Makbarat-ul-Baqi' cemetery.[1]

The report of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) exiling Nasr ibn al-Hajjaaj to Basra lest the women of Madinah be tempted by him has been narrated in many reports, in brief and at length.*
It was narrated by Ibn Shabbah in*Tareekh al-Madinah*(2/762) from Qataadah, by al-Kharaa’iti in*I‘tilaal al-Quloob*(2/392), and by Ibn al-Jawzi in*Dhamm al-Hawa*(p. 123), from Muhammad ibn al-Jahm ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-Jahm, from his father, from his grandfather, at length.*It was narrated by Abu Nu‘aym in*Hilyat al-Awliya’*(4/322), and by Ibn ‘Asaakir in*Tareekh Dimashq*(62/21), from ash-Sha‘bi; and by Ibn Sa‘d in*at-Tabaqaat*(3/216), from ‘Abdullah ibn Buraydah; by Ibn ‘Asaakir in*Tareekh Dimashq*(62/23) from Muhammad ibn Sireen.*

To sum up this story:
‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) was patrolling in Madinah when he heard a woman chanting some verses of poetry in which she was saying:
“Is there a way to get some wine to drink, and is there a way to be with Nasr bin Hajjaj?”
He summoned him and found that he was a handsome youth, so he shaved his head, but it only made him better looking.
So he exiled him to Basra lest the women be tempted by him.
Then he sent word asking to return to his homeland, and stated that he had done nothing wrong, but ‘Umar refused to give him permission and said: Not so long as I am alive.*

sister herb
08-13-2015, 07:06 AM
So if a gay boy can't hang out with other guys to prevent temptation, and can't hang out with girls because of some unknown logic, are they bound to stay alone forever by islamic rules ?
Salam alaykum

A boy (or a man) who thinks he is a gay, can always marry. Then he can "hang out" with his wife and he doesn´t need to be alone forever. In some cases, he then might find out that he never wasn´t gay at all.

Latvija
08-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Many detailed and elaborate answers so far and I thank you for that, but none of them really adress the issues. I am not interest in the facts, I am interested in the whys. If having an informal relationship with a non-mahram is unlawful because we're fearing sexual acts between them, then why the same applies to non-straight boys if that fear doesn't exist anymore ? Following that logic, you could outlaw relationships between women because who knows they might just as well practice lesbian acts, and we all know how ridiculous that would be.

Thank you again for your answers.

Scimitar
08-13-2015, 03:17 PM
it doesn't matter whether the boy is gay or straight - if he is non mahram, he is unlawful for you to "hang around" with.

This is the ruling. If you cannot accept that then that is your prerogative.

The simple fact is that him being gay doesn't take the shame away from you for having a "Boy" as a "friend". On the day of judgement, you will not be able to justify your friendship with a non mahram in front of God.

You asking for logical answers is limited to the logic of humans only, the wisdom of God is far above whatever logic mankind can employ.

Take heed.

Scimi

Latvija
08-13-2015, 03:58 PM
The narrative of "because God said so" gets tiring. God doesn't do anything for no reason, and mayeb the inability to explain certain things reflects a lack of knowledge.

Snel
08-13-2015, 04:21 PM

Thank you for yours answers.
There isn't a permit for him to hang out with a girl just because he's saying he's gay. And obviously there isn't any permit for the girl to do so either. I see no reason for you to believe that a self-proclaimed gay is an exception to that rule. A boy is boy, boys can't hang out with girls if they don't have a legit permit i.e. marriage, family etc.

I am not interest in the facts, I am interested in the whys.
The narrative of "because God said so" gets tiring. God doesn't do anything for no reason, and mayeb the inability to explain certain things reflects a lack of knowledge.
So You are interested in the "whys". It is wrong to say that we pray/don't hang out with girls/don't drink alcohol because there is a scientific reason for each of these acts or rules. I do it as a muslim, because God says so. If I can refer it back to God's messenger, Muhammad, then that's sufficient for me. A non-muslim will focus on the "whys" because he doesn't believe that Muhammad is the messanger of God.

Abz2000
08-13-2015, 04:42 PM
some things are "because God says so" whether we find "logic" or not,
your comment reminds me of the logic of iblis when God told him to prostrate to clay, he permanently decided that God was illogical. he'll get his just deserts - unless he repents.

now that God forbids us from prostrating to clay, we refrain. get it?
no explainable logic.
we can try to understand, we can make good judgements with sincerity, and not by purposefully deceiving ourselves despite knowing that it's off key, we might make sincere mistakes and commit faults then sincerely repent, but we cannot just say "i don't like it and won't obey God" and then expect Him to give us paradise and not throw us in hell.

here's one from the book titled "gospel of barnabas" - God knows the strength of autenticity, though i have found that some statements seem absolutely authentic, while others aren't.

Jesus departed from Jerusalem, and went to the desert beyond Jordan: and his disciples that were seated round him said to Jesus: 'O master, tell us how Satan fell through pride, for we have understood that he fell through disobedience, and because he always tempteth man to do evil.'Jesus answered: 'God having created a mass of earth, and having left it for twenty-five thousand years without doing aught else; Satan, who was as it were priest and head of the angels, by the great understanding that he possessed, knew that God of that mass of earth was to take one hundred and forty and four thousand signed with the mark of prophecy, and the messenger of God, the soul of which messenger he had created sixty thousand years before aught else. Therefore, being indignant, he instigated the angels, saying: ''Look ye, one day God shall will that this earth be revered by us. Wherefore consider that we are spirit, and therefore it is not fitting so to do."'Many therefore forsook God.

Whereupon said God, one day when all the angels were assembled:
"Let each one that holds me for his lord straightway do reverence to this earth."'
They that loved God bowed themselves, but Satan, with them that were of his mind, said: "O Lord, we are spirit, and therefore it is not just that we should do reverence to this clay."
Having said this, Satan became horrid and of fearsome look, and his followers became hideous; because for their rebellion God took away from them the beauty wherewith he had endued them in creating them.
Whereat the holy angels, when, lifting their heads, they saw how terrible a monster Satan had become, and his followers, cast down their face to earth in fear.'Then said Satan: "O Lord, thou hast unjustly made me hideous, but I am content thereat, because I desire to annul all that thou shalt do.
And the other devils said: "Call him not Lord, O Lucifer, for thou art Lord."'

Then said God to the followers of Satan: "Repent ye, and recognize me as God, your creator."'

They answered: "We repent of having done thee any reverence, for that thou art not just; but Satan is just and innocent, and he is our Lord."'Then said God: "Depart from me, O ye cursed, for I have no mercy on you."'And in his departing Satan spat upon that mass of earth, and that spittle the angel Gabriel lifted up with some earth, so that therefore now man has the navel in his belly.'

skip to chapter 40

'When Satan had knowledge of this he became mad with indignation. And so he drew near to the gate of paradise, whereat stood on guard a horrid serpent, which had legs like a camel, and the nails of his feet cut like a razor on every side. To him said the enemy: "Suffer me to enter into paradise."'
The serpent answered: "And how shall I suffer thee to enter, God having commanded me to drive thee out?"'

Satan answered: "Thou seest how much God loveth thee, since he hath set thee outside of paradise to keep guard over a lump of clay, which is man. Wherefore, if thou bring me into paradise I will make thee so terrible that every one shall flee thee, and so at thy pleasure thou shalt go and stay."'
Then said the serpent: "And how shall I set thee within?"'
Said Satan. "Thou art great: therefore open thy mouth, and I will enter into thy belly, and so thou entering into paradise shalt place me near to those two lumps of clay that are newly walking upon the earth."'
Then the serpent did so, and placed Satan near to Eve, for Adam, her husband, was sleeping.
Satan presented himself before the woman like a beauteous angel, and said to her "Wherefore eat ye not of those apples and of corn?"'
Eve answered: "Our God hath said to us that eating thereof we shall be unclean, and therefore he will drive us from paradise."'

Satan answered: "He saith not the truth. Thou must know that God is wicked and envious, and therefore he brooketh no equals, but keepeth every one for a slave. And so he hath thus spoken unto you, in order that ye may not become equal to him. But if thou and thy companion do according to my counsel, ye shall eat of those fruits even as of the others, and ye shall not remain subject to others, but like God ye shall know good and evil, and ye shall do that which ye please, because ye shall be equal to God."'
Then Eve took and ate of those [fruits]. And when her husband awoke she told all that Satan had said; and he took of them, his wife offering them, and did eat. Whereupon, as the food was going down, he remembered the words of God; wherefore, wishing to stop the food, he put his hand into his throat, where every man has the mark.

'Then both of them knew that they were naked: wherefore, being ashamed, they took fig leaves and made a clothing for their secret parts.
When midday was passed, behold God appeared to them, and called Adam, saying: "Adam, where art thou?"'
He answered: "Lord, I did hide myself from thy presence because I and my wife are naked, and so we are ashamed to present ourselves before thee."'
Then said God: "And who hath robbed you of your innocence, unless ye have eaten the fruit by reason of which ye are unclean, and will not be able to abide longer in paradise?"'
Adam answered: "O Lord, the wife whom thou hast given me besought me to eat, and so I have eaten thereof."'
Then said God to the woman: "Wherefore gavest thou such food to thy husband?"'
Eve answered: "Satan deceived me, and so I did eat."'"
And how did that reprobate enter in hither?" said God.'
Eve answered: "A serpent that standeth at the northern gate brought him near to me."'
Then said God to Adam: "Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife and hast eaten the fruit, cursed be the earth in thy works; it shall bring forth for thee brambles and thorns, and in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread. And remember that thou art earth, and to earth shalt thou return."'
And he spake to Eve, saying: "And thou who didst hearken to Satan, and gavest the food to thy husband, shalt abide under the dominion of man, who shall keep thee as a slave, and thou shalt bear children with travail."'
And having called the serpent, God called the angel Michael, him who holdeth the sword of God, [and] said:
"First drive forth from paradise this wicked serpent, and when outside cut off his legs: for if he shall wish to walk, he must trail his body upon the earth."
Afterwards God called Satan, who came laughing, and he said to him: "Because thou, reprobate, hast deceived these and hast made them to become unclean, I will that every uncleanness of them and of all their children, whereof they shall be truly penitent and shall serve me, in going forth from their body shall enter through thy mouth, and so shalt thou be satiated with uncleanness."'
Satan then gave a horrible roar, and said: "Since thou willest to make me ever worse, I yet will make me that which I shall be able!"'
Then said God: "Depart, cursed one, from my presence!"
Then Satan departed: whereupon God said to Adam [and] Eve, who were both weeping:
"Go ye forth from paradise, and do penance, and let not your hope fail, for I will send your son to such wise that your seed shall lift the dominion of Satan from off the human race: for he who shall come, my messenger, to him will I give all things."'

God hid himself, and the angel Michael drove them forth from paradise. Whereupon Adam, turning him round, saw written above the gate, "There is only one God, and Mohammed is messenger of God."
Whereupon, weeping, he said: "May it be pleasing to God, O my son, that thou come quickly and draw us out of misery."'
And thus,' said Jesus, 'sinned Satan and Adam through pride, the one by despising man, the other by wishing to make himself equal with God.'

'Abd-al Latif
08-13-2015, 05:11 PM
:salamext:

The simple answer is no. Allah (swt) created everyone in fitra (innateness) and the natural fitra that Allah created us with is that males and females are meant for each other and not for our own like. Homosexuality therefore is a choice and it can never be anything else, and claiming otherwise is a lie against Allah. If one day a homosexual decides to turn straight then he will start to admit to his desire for the opposite gender.

If anything hanging out with the opposite gender is something you should not do. If this person is homosexual then your dislike for it should be stronger because homosexuality is strongly prohibited in Islam, and it should not be an excuse to hang out with him.

umairlooms
08-15-2015, 10:41 AM
guy there are genuinely GAY people...they arnt people who can be fixed or would just flip one day. They are genuinely gay

Abz2000
08-15-2015, 12:38 PM
if they can flip a man into a woman and vice versa, can't they turn a man into a man?

Scimitar
08-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Gay folk can be bisexual too. In fact, 1 in 2 gay folk are indeed bisexual.

Just one in 100 people in the UK say they are gay or lesbian, according to statistics on sexuality published for the first time today.

A further one in every 200 people are bisexual, according to the data published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The information collected as part of the new Integrated Household Survey (IHS) means that nearly three-quarters of a million UK adults say they are gay, lesbian or bisexual.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-2087829.html

Being gay does not give one a right to ignore Islamic rulings on Mahram. He still has an organ. And can still experience lust - and in his effeminate nature, could easily be led via carnal cravings to get closer to straight women under the pretense of friendship.

Some Women are gullible creatures, that's for sure - and these women always see the rosy end of the spectrum, totally discarding the reality of the laws we are given in Islam.

The OP comes here on a Muslim forum, asking regular Muslims about issues more suited to be dealt with by Imam's or Shuyookh. WHY? Because the OP thinks we can justify her need to have a "gay friend" ???

I say, go ask your Imam instead of us, and accept what he tells you instead of looking for weak opinions to justify your bias.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!