/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientists warn 'Sun rising in the west'

strivingobserver98
08-12-2015, 09:04 PM
SCIENTISTS have warned Earth could be heading towards an extraordinary event which would see compasses point SOUTH and the sun rise in the West.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...h-become-south

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The Hour will not begin until the sun rises (from the West) from its place of setting.
When it rises from its place of setting, all people will believe, but on that day ‘no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before,’ [al-An’aam 6:158].”

[al-Bukhaari (4635) and Muslim (157) ]

What do you think of the article?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
08-16-2015, 09:18 AM
That is a pretty confused article. My guess is some science misinterpreted by some people hoping to prove the Quran right. Sadly, it doesn't measure up to the actual science we have. Here's a better article from some real scientists for you. The magnetic poles change every once in a very-long-time, but that doesn't mean the earth will switch direction or that this is an end of the world scenario. It doesn't mean the sun would rise in the west.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...eReversal.html

sister herb
08-16-2015, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
What do you think of the article?
I think that we should to be very careful with our conclusions when we are reading articles about the scientific matters. Even if writer of the article has tried to explain terms and happenings and consequences the way that we as laity persons understand them - they still include a lot of information what we might can´t fully understand.

By that article I don´t really expect that any dramatic will happens to the world or to the human race - but if it still happens - well, then its just a will of Allah.

Alpha Dude
08-16-2015, 12:04 PM
In such a case, the sun would only 'technically' have been seen to rise in the west. The average person looking out the window in the morning would still see the sun rising in the same location as they did previously.

I believe when the prophecy mentioned in the hadith comes true, the sun will actually, physically, rise in the opposite direction to which it does now. Something that will be truly apparent to everyone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!