/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Saladin and the Crusades ? Jerusalem

truthseeker63
08-13-2015, 12:50 PM
As Salaam Alaikum my question I was debating someone on pal talk it has chat room claiming to be an Ex Muslim anyways he was claiming that Saladin during the Crusades massacred non combatants in a battle or wars for a city or area called Mosul and Gaza and did the same to a city because they would not let him enter into a Castle now I just want to ask is this really true or out of context or atrocity propaganda I ask because the Pope claimed the samething in 1095 I know for a fact from reading Quran and Hadiths Islam teaches to not target non combatants in a war also Saladin went he entered Jerusalem he did not kill non muslim/christian non combatants he let people go and the poor paid no tax I read I have also heard some non muslims claim when the Ottoman Empire fought wars in Eastern Europe in middle ages or the 1500s whenever that they massacred non combatants also some say Muslims massacred non combatants when Muslims went into North Africa or India Iran that they killed over 80 million Hindus I would like to ask is all this just Collateral damage or

Anti Islam/Anti Muslim atrocity propaganda claims by non muslims thank you for your time ?

Atrocity stories are a time-honored technique of propagandists, particularly in war propaganda. It is with the Crusades that the study of atrocity propaganda in wartime began. Pope Urban II (c. 1035—1099), in a sermon given at Clermont in 1095, justified the war against Islam by claiming that the enemy had ravaged the churches of God in the Eastern provinces, circumcised Christian men, violated women, and carried out the most unspeakable torture before killing them. Urban’s sermon succeeded in mobilizing popular enthusiasm for the People’s Crusade.

http://what-when-how.com/propaganda-...ty-propaganda/

Saladin and his troops entered Chastellet. By 30 August 1179, the Muslim invaders had pillaged the castle at Jacob’s Ford and killed most of its residents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jacob%27s_Ford

The Ottoman Empire

The Ottoman Empire was the one of the largest and longest lasting Empires in history.
It was an empire inspired and sustained by Islam, and Islamic institutions.
It replaced the Byzantine Empire as the major power in the Eastern Mediterranean.
The Ottoman Empire reached its height under Suleiman the Magnificent (reigned 1520-66), when it expanded to cover the Balkans and Hungary, and reached the gates of Vienna.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...empire_1.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
soheil1
08-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I am not a historian. But what's the argument going to get?
Even if he did that, a religion is not going to be judged by its followers

Abz2000
08-13-2015, 06:55 PM
tell the dude on pal talk that you weren't there,
but that God has commanded us to obey Him,
His method is justice and mercy, it is He who knows what we conceal and what We reveal and it is to Him that we are raised and thoroughly judged, so when He takes out a city or a country or a planet, He knows best.
for us (mankind), we are commanded to submit to Him, stay within the limits of the Quran and Sunnah and use our God given intellects to sincerely serve Him in light of Quran and Sunnah. and continually make sincere repentance to Him and seek forgiveness for our faults.

also ask the dude what "up to the horses bridles" means.
next ask him to add the term "crusades" (the war of the imposter soldiers using christ's name) to that search.

OmAbdullah
08-22-2015, 09:19 PM
I had read a story about Salaahu-deen's behavior with the Christians after he conquered Al-Quds. The story was written by a Crusader soldier who converted to Islam due to the grand behavior of the Muslims with the Christian soldiers and non-soldiers. I am short of time to write the story. But shortly mentioning that many Christian soldiers in prison entered the fold of Islam and in the next war they were standing to confront the crusaders. This is a good proof of the kind behavior of Salaahu-Deen and his army.

I also had read in some history book that during the war, Salaahu-Deen was fighting against the Crusader chief, meanwhile the horse of the Crusader chief died (or got killed). Salaahu-Deen climed down and stood on ground to fight his enemy. The Christian enemy was surprised to see Salaahu-Deen's behavior. He was greatly impressed. I don't remember whether he converted to Islam or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!