/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quitting boxing due to Islam?

Snow
08-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Vice did an episode about a boxer

I don't get it that it is against Islam to be a boxer.
Ali, Naseem Hamed, Amir Khan - also in kickboxing, Badr Hari...
Even in MMA there is Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Why quit as you are talented and there are two willing players?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-15-2015, 06:39 AM
i personally don't like the idea of punching people in the face for sport, i do however love to practice:

Snow
08-15-2015, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i personally don't like the idea of punching people in the face for sport, i do however love to practice:

That is all good, but does Islam really go against fighting/sparring?

Abz2000
08-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Allah knows best, but a sense of decency and humanity repels the idea of people cheering whilst one son of adam beats another son of adam to a pulp just for the sake of entertainment and sport.
They can easily compete or display their skills on inanimate punchbags with sensors.
They even have crappy ones at trocadero.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-15-2015, 09:27 AM
here, consider - does the following appear to you as manliness or devilishness?
do the ecstatic crowds have any semblance of humanity?

if you look at the conditions of spartacus you understand why he has to do it,
and it has been done by the best from amongst humanity in the past, (consider the opening scenes at badr, or young david and giant goliath) but only for the sake of establishing the Laws of Allah and thereby achieving peace and harmony, a better world.

man of tai chi is another interesting subject on the topic

Abz2000
08-15-2015, 09:44 AM

i taught my four year old son the basics and something one day made me get silly and get him and a boy one year older than him to box it out, you would know what i mean if you saw the other kid's face at the end of it.

Moshy
08-15-2015, 09:44 AM
http://islamqa.info/en/10238

Abz2000
08-15-2015, 09:57 AM
with all that said, there are halal form of contact sports and sparring - Umar (ra) was a renowned wrestler of his time, the Prophet pbuh is reported to have wrestled a guy flat on his back twice too.

here's one that contains harmless sparring:
(the school boy and girl part is funnnnyyyyy)

Snow
08-28-2015, 05:32 PM
I have mostly trained/competed in Judo/BJJ and a bit of Gracie Jiu Jitu.
I would recommend it.
It is great fun. Loads of technique and you can go pretty much at 100% without injuring you or the other person (if you and your training partner know what you are doing).

ardianto
08-30-2015, 02:57 AM
There are few boxers who I admire. But my favorite was a feather class professional boxer from my city, Muhammad "Alfa" Alfaridzi. Different than other pro boxers that look 'hard', Alfa was a cute guy, came from religious Muslim family, with humble personality and modest appearance.

His achievement in pro boxing was good enough, and many people expected him to become world class boxer. But Allah determined differently. Alfa died on April 2, 2001, three days after he knocked out in his last match against Thai boxer. He was 25 when he left this dunya.

Brain injury. That's what happened to Alfa. The factor that makes professional boxing can be deadly is because the boxer head is the main target of punch, while professional boxer don't wear head protector like in amateur boxing.

So, I can understand if there are ulama who against professional boxing.

https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Alfaridzi

Pygoscelis
09-08-2015, 06:37 AM
I can't condone boxing. Sport can involve physicality... I don't mind checking in hockey or sacking in football, but boxing just seems too brutal for me. The whole idea is to pummel the other guy until he can't stand up anymore. Violence for the sake of violence. It just seems mindless and barbaric to me. I don't see why people enjoy or condone that. Same goes for MMA. At least pro wresting is fake fighting with a soap opera story attached.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!