/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Understanding prayer

Moshy
08-16-2015, 07:23 AM
I know how to pray Salah, but i don't understand Arabic. Is it compulsory to understand what you are saying in prayer?

One more question: There is this hadith which says we read 'rabighfir lee, rabigh fir lee' when in rising from first sujood (Abu Dawud 1/231) (Sahih ibn majah 1/148).
I see that people i have met do not read this.I think the imam in the masjid does not stop to read this but i manage to read it. Can anyone explain?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-16-2015, 02:18 PM
For many years I never really understood what it was that I recited in Arabic. Somehow, Allah moved my heart to read up on it. I started with al Fatihah and then into the words I say during prayers and then the surahs I had learnt.. it's a struggle, but necessary I feel.

On the sitting between the two sujoods, it is not wajeeb to recite, so he has skipped it. Apart from Al fatihah, that moment he skipped is a good dua for ourselves that he is missing out on as the rest of the prayers as about exalting Allah swt. Shame.

:peace:

Moshy
08-17-2015, 06:42 AM
JazakAllah brother

umairlooms
08-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Can anyone let us know EXACTLY what is fard and what is sunnah in Namaz, through Quran/hadith reference.
We have been told many times, but if anyone has a link or something, please let us know.
May Allah's blessings me on all of us,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Moshy
08-18-2015, 06:33 AM
http://www.ifoundislam.net/revert-su...ifference.html

Hope you find the link helpful, it has a few refrences.

"Whoever walks to an obligatory prayer in congregation, it is like Hajj, and whoever walks to a voluntary prayer, it is like a voluntary `Umrah." (Saheeh Al Jaami`, 6432)

Lady A
08-18-2015, 09:20 PM
@Moshy, we've gotta know what we're saying in prayer. When we know what we say, we have a better connection with Allah. It's as if we're talking to him. Trust me there is nothing better than a prayer's high. Feels euphoric.

...and I also recite "rabbigh fir lee" between my sujood. It's not necessary. Would you be interested in reading about prophet's prayer? I can post a pdf.

Moshy
08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
JazakAllah and I am be more than interested in reading prophet's prayer.

Lady A
08-19-2015, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moshy
JazakAllah and I am be more than interested in reading prophet's prayer.
Here goes: The Prophet's (SAW) Prayer Described

Lady A
08-19-2015, 07:40 PM
^ It's a link

As a side note: The book describes the methods of standing, sitting, etc in views of the 4 schools of thought in the Sunni madhab.
If you want to learn the Arabic translations, I urge you to keep a English/Arabic Quran handy (I've downloaded one on my phone) as some surahs are only mentioned and not written out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!