/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islam for Kids

umairlooms
08-18-2015, 06:19 AM
one of the ways we can instill the knowledge of Allah in kids is through prayers. Kids often want toys, and things, or want to get good grades in school. I believe it is a perfect way to help them practice dependence on Allah by asking them to make Dua for whatever they need.
After all, it is something that even adults should do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
08-18-2015, 09:28 PM
I remember once I wanted (bubble/chewing) gum and asked my mum, who was reading Quran at the time. She told me to go into her room and ask Allah for gum. I did so, came out, and she pulled gum out from her Quran!

lol, it didn't really come from her Quran. While I was in her room, she discreetly took some from the kitchen cupboard and sat back down in her place. She was teaching me a lesson that Allah grants anything. I'm grateful for this valuable lesson even though it wasn't exactly a miracle.

I agree with you brother. Parents need to teach children from the very start to only rely on Allah.

umairlooms
08-19-2015, 03:37 AM
Education I think, at least where I come from, has not taught kids the very basics

-Not lying, not cheating
-Basic good mannerisms
-being helpful to others when they need you
-Not being jealous

these are very basic character foundations that kids should be taught.
the best way I believe is for parents to follow them as kids simply replicate parents, at least earlier in life

umairlooms
08-19-2015, 03:40 AM
Surah 27 verse 17
And indeed We gave knowledge to Dawud (David) and Sulaiman (Solomon), and they both said: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has preferred us above many of His believing slaves!"

--

After all, Alhamdullilah is the best dua

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fhmn63
09-10-2015, 12:10 PM
I agree with you.Children picks up what we give them.So first we should give them an islamic environment.

Ummshareef
11-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Assalaamu aleykum,

Yes, I agree that children should be taught from an early age that Allah subhana wa ta'alaa provides everything and should become accustomed to immediately turning to Him in prayer whenever they are in need.

If my kids get frustrated that they haven't got something or can't do something, I remind them to make dua to ask Allah for His help and also tell them that He does not always answer immediately or exactly how you would expect, but He does know what is best for them. Equally, when their prayer is answered they have to thank Allah as soon as possible. It is all part of understanding that we are totally reliant on Allah subhana wa ta'alaa for absolutely everything! :)

NayemQuano
11-24-2015, 08:32 PM
That's actually a very good point Mashallah... I mean ofcourse the easy/lazy way is to simply throw toys and games at children and let them find their own entertainment... but the right thing to do is make the effort to teach them about Islam, one step at a time.

fhmn63
12-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

There are lots of Islamic Resource for Kids.

You can check this Islam for Kids Section which has Reviews of kid's Islamic Stuffs :http://islamhashtag.com/islam-for-kids/

HappyMuslimaa
12-15-2015, 09:40 PM
A child should first learn to fear Allah, and then their parents. There are many many ways to teach children about Islam in a fun and healthy way

HappyMuslimaa
12-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Parenting Tips from surah Luqman

TMGuide
12-15-2015, 10:14 PM
I agree teaching children about Islam starts from an early age. I am talking about before the age of one children should be seeing their parents praying, reading quran but they should also be read to (ALLOT) about the deen because its not recommended that children 2 or under should have any kind of screen time. One thing I noticed is that repetition works at such young age, for example A 2 year old knows 'how to pray' by watching they may not know what to say but they understand that their parents are 'praying' because they always see them do this. They might also say Alhamdulilaah when he/she or someone sneezes because this too is something that is said out loud every time someone sneezes. Now imagine other rituals that we can do that children can see or hear from us everyday, such as sitting down to drink water (sunnah), saying the dua to enter the bathroom loudly ext. It's really important to incorporate Islam into their daily lives.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!