/* */

PDA

View Full Version : European interested and possible converting to Islam

The_european
08-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Hi there, I am new to this forum.

I have been on a quest or search for a religion to call my own for sometime now, have a Roman Catholic background however the Catholic Church never really did it for me. A few years back I got interested in Islam in an Historical scene however recently I feel a pull towards the religion of Islam in a theological way as well and I am considering to convert to Islam.

But there are somethings in Islam I am not really sure I will be able to live up to. For starters the salat prayer "requirement to pray five times a day" while I have no problem to pray to god on a daily basis, five times a day seems a bit much to me.
And I will be honest, I like my beer and Vodka from time to time Í've read that drinking Alcohol as a Muslim is a big no no.
Lastly I am afraid that I will be judged and shunned by my own Family who are for the most part devout Catholics or reformed Christians.

Maybe the visit to the local Mosque will help but I don't know, I am confused.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lady A
08-18-2015, 11:52 PM
:welcome: to the forum!

You've got some pretty good questions. I am a Muslim who was raised with the faith. Even I think, sometimes, 5 prayers are too much! Over the years, however, I find on my journey that it's exactly what I need to refocus my main purpose of daily life. Believe it or not, there are days that I feel 5 daily prayers are too little!

The best thing I can say to you a Muslim's sole purpose in life is to worship Allah. Of course, there's a balance between worship and secular matters. Allah doesn't expect us to go off for 20 years and sit in a Mosque to worship Him. Nor do we walk on Earth without thanking God for His blessings. When you love someone, it's easier to give up on some habits. How much you're willing to give up your desires shows how much love you have for something. Naturally, when you fall in love you want to look your best and be pleasing. Everyone has a weakness, and that weakness can be turned into a challenge to overcome in this life to please the Almighty. And remember, no one else can judge you for your habits. That's between Allah and you! :sunny:

All the best with your soul searching.

greenhill
08-19-2015, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Those will be like 'sacrifices' for your faith. Not everything in a faith will be accepted immediately and will naturally need time for adaptation, like fasting etc. It is a lifetime of struggle to perfect oneself.

Wishing a great stay.

:peace:

umairlooms
08-19-2015, 06:40 AM
Answer in a nutshell.
No one is perfect...take it slow

As for salah, actually its not TOO much, relative to a few deep breathing and meditative exercises that are all the range in California :D

In any case, no one is perfect, even Allah knows you will not be perfect

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umairlooms
08-19-2015, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_european
Hi there, I am new to this forum.

I have been on a quest or search for a religion to call my own for sometime now, have a Roman Catholic background however the Catholic Church never really did it for me. A few years back I got interested in Islam in an Historical scene however recently I feel a pull towards the religion of Islam in a theological way as well and I am considering to convert to Islam.

But there are somethings in Islam I am not really sure I will be able to live up to. For starters the salat prayer "requirement to pray five times a day" while I have no problem to pray to god on a daily basis, five times a day seems a bit much to me.
And I will be honest, I like my beer and Vodka from time to time Í've read that drinking Alcohol as a Muslim is a big no no.
Lastly I am afraid that I will be judged and shunned by my own Family who are for the most part devout Catholics or reformed Christians.

Maybe the visit to the local Mosque will help but I don't know, I am confused.

also please let me know what attracted you to islam?
I want my gf to convert who is hostile to any OGRANIZED religon!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!