/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Affairs of the just-departed Muslim soul

a.danhamidu
08-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Asalamu alaikum, I recently read the book "The Journey of the Soul" and have the following question:

Concerning the deceased person. What of the Muslim who died in such a way that there is no remains (body) to bury? Won't the deceased go through "the questioning" (and when exactly after his/her passing away) that normally ensues after a burial?

Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ridwaan Ravat
08-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Wa alaikum salaam

Even if the body is incinerated or eaten by a wild animal, the questioning will take place immediately after death. The finer details are known to only Allah Ta’ala. He has power over all things.

Was-salaam

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Imam*Al-Bukhari*related in his Sahih (authentic) Book of Hadith, Chapter on "Fearing of Allah":

I was told by*`Uthman ibn Abu Shaybahthat he was told by*Jarir*from*Mansurfrom*Rib`y*on the authority ofHudhayfah*that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,*

There was a man among the people who lived before you who expected no good (in the Hereafter) because of his deeds.
Therefore, he said to his family, "When I die, take me, burn me and throw my*ashes*into the sea on a windy day.^
They did accordingly, but Allah collected his particles and asked (him), "What made you do what you did?"
He replied, "The only thing that made me do it was my fear of You."

Thus, Allah forgave him.

Musa*narrated that he was told byMu`tamir*that he was told by Ubay who was told by*Qatadah*that he was told by*`Uqbah ibn `Abdul-Ghafir*on the authority of*Abu Sa`id*(may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,*

Amongst the people who were before you, there was a man whom Allah had granted wealth and children.

When he was on his deathbed, he said to his children, "What type of father have I been to you?" They replied, "The best father."
He said, "But he (i.e. your father) has not saved any good deeds with Allah (for the Hereafter);*if he should face Allah, he will be punished.
So listen, when I die, burn my body until I become charcoal and then grind me (into powder), and when there is a stormy wind,*scatter*me (my*ashes) in it."*
He made them promise (to do this) and they did so. Then Allah said: "Be!" and the man appeared, standing. Allah said: "O My Servant! What made you do what you did?" He replied, "Fear of You." So Allah bestowed His Mercy upon him.

I narrated this to*Abu `Uthman*who said that he heard it before from Salman.*Yet, the latter added,*Scatter*my*ashes*into the sea,*or something like that.
Due to fearing Allah and ignorance of the generality of Allah's Power, this man instructed his children to do the aforementioned. As a result, Allah showed Him mercy and forgave his sins.
After mentioning this Hadith and the scholars' debate about it, Shaykh Al-Islam*Ibn Taymiyyah*(may Allah be merciful with him) stated,

"This man was ignorant and doubtful concerning the Power of Allah. He doubted the fact that Allah is able to restore the son of Adam if his particles are burnt and scattered and that He is able to resurrect him.
His belief contradicts two basics of Iman (Faith):

First:*Belief in Allah (Exalted be He), i.e. believing that He has power over all things.
Second:*Belief in the Last Day, i.e. believing that Allah will resurrect the dead and call them to account.

However, this man had faith in Allah and in the Last Day as a whole, he believed that Allah will reward and punish him after death.
Thus, his fear of Allah's punishment for his sins was regarded as a good deed. Therefore, because of his belief in Allah and in the Last Day and this good deed Allah forgave him.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

258.*Hast thou not Turned thy vision to one who disputed with Abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power? Abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death". Said Abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West."
Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.

259.*Or (take) the similitude of one who passed by a hamlet, all in ruins to its roofs.
He said: "Oh! how shall Allah bring it (ever) to life, after (this) its death?"
but Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again).
He said: "How long didst thou tarry (thus)?"
He said: (Perhaps) a day or part of a day."
He said: "Nay, thou hast tarried thus a hundred years; but look at thy food and thy drink; they show no signs of age; and look at thy donkey: And that We may make of thee a sign unto the people, Look further at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh."
When this was shown clearly to him, he said: "I know that Allah hath power over all things."

260.*Behold! Abraham said: "My Lord! Show me how Thou givest life to the dead."
He said: "Dost thou not then believe?"
He said: "Yea! but to satisfy my own heart.
He said: "Take four birds; Tame them to turn to thee; put a portion of them on every hill and call to them: They will come to thee (Flying) with speed. Then know that Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise."

Quran, From Surah Al Baqarah

a.danhamidu
09-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks so much Ridwaan Ravat and Abz2000 for your informative response, may Allah reward you both, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!