/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reverts - post here:)

Umm Abed
08-24-2015, 02:15 PM
:salaam:
As new (or not so new) muslims, how are you dealing with any negativism in your daily lives if there are any, concerning your reversion to Islam?

What are the changes you'd like to see happen? Do you feel there is less support for reverts? It could be due to ignorance or lack of awareness in the muslim society or whatever the case may be.

This is your thread where you can have a rant, or just let out some steam, so to speak.

We are here to listen to you, dear muslim brothers and sisters, may Allah swt reward you for all your sacrifices ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 01:04 PM
:bump:

So how has it been for you guys? Lets here some good news:alright:

Umm Abed
09-16-2015, 05:58 PM
:bump1:
Looking forward to hearing from you:?

Snow
09-16-2015, 06:10 PM
I can't complain, really.
I look at it as a personal thing.
It does not affect the people around me too much.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Thank you, thank you a reply at last!:shade:

So you'r a revert? Im sure there has been ups and downs you had to overcome.

Can you briefly mention how has it been for you in the beginning, was it difficult with people questioning you, how did you practise - freely?

:BeRightBack::)

Snow
09-17-2015, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Thank you, thank you a reply at last!:shade:

So you'r a revert? Im sure there has been ups and downs you had to overcome.

Can you briefly mention how has it been for you in the beginning, was it difficult with people questioning you, how did you practise - freely?

:BeRightBack::)
I was brought up in a total atheist/non-religious household.
There was never any influence, really, towards religious matters.
I have been an avid reader, on eclectic subjects since my early teens. The more I read, the harder I had denying Islam.
I am not too vocal about it.
I just try to be a good Muslim and let Allah sort me and the rest out.

Umm Abed
09-18-2015, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I was brought up in a total atheist/non-religious household.
There was never any influence, really, towards religious matters.
I have been an avid reader, on eclectic subjects since my early teens. The more I read, the harder I had denying Islam.
I am not too vocal about it.
I just try to be a good Muslim and let Allah sort me and the rest out.
You know, what is so amazing? Although you grew up in a non-religious houshold you wanted to know the truth, and you saw it through unbiased eyes. Allah guides those whom He wills, and those who are sincere.

May Allah swt keep you firm in faith, and thanks for your reply.

Arjuno
10-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Similarly like brother Snow, I also was grown in a complete atheist family and environment. I was learning Islam around 3 years until I moved to a muslim country and then I entered Islam. 6 months later, I went back to my country.
Only few people in my family and friends asked me things about Islam, most of them they never wanted to talk about it. I think inside all them, they respect my decision, but they think I turned myself few crazy or something like that.
At first I like to discuss about Islam with a couple friends I have which are really religion-haters, but in the end I decided to stop because in general, people here is very close-minded about religion and especially Islam, so everytime I discuss I only get frustrated, so it was better to stop it.

Abdul Emwazi
10-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Nobody in my family knows I Muslim. They suspect that I am, but they live so far away that they never see me.

Abz2000
10-13-2015, 02:22 PM
aha, a suspected Muslim, not bad at all.
faith with conviction - even better.

Umm Abed
10-21-2015, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arjuno
Similarly like brother Snow, I also was grown in a complete atheist family and environment. I was learning Islam around 3 years until I moved to a muslim country and then I entered Islam. 6 months later, I went back to my country.
Only few people in my family and friends asked me things about Islam, most of them they never wanted to talk about it. I think inside all them, they respect my decision, but they think I turned myself few crazy or something like that.
At first I like to discuss about Islam with a couple friends I have which are really religion-haters, but in the end I decided to stop because in general, people here is very close-minded about religion and especially Islam, so everytime I discuss I only get frustrated, so it was better to stop it.
This is a great inspirational story, it just goes on to show that what is in your heart, transcends above everything else. If guidance is what you seek then it is what you will get, by the will of Allah swt.

Your journey to Islam has made you a stronger person to withstand whatever comes your way, and that is admirable.

Thanks for sharing your story, may Allah swt keep you ever strong in His deen and with steadfastness, ameen.

Jazakallah khair.

Umm Abed
10-21-2015, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Emwazi
Nobody in my family knows I Muslim. They suspect that I am, but they live so far away that they never see me.
You have our support, brother, we are your family in Islam. May you rise up on the Day of Judgement with the martyrs, the pious and the truthful ones ameen, and may Allah swt keep you firm in Islam, ameen.

Jazakallah khair.

aflawedbeing
10-21-2015, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Emwazi
May Allah swt make it easy and guide your family to the truth. :)

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Why don't we Ex muslims have our own thread?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Why don't we Ex muslims have our own thread?
No no, that is just unacceptable.

Murtads do not deserve any recognition.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
No no, that is just unacceptable.

Murtads do not deserve any recognition.
Not in this forum. I see...

Kiro
03-01-2016, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Not in this forum. I see...
Ex-Muslim sorta sounds strange. Ex-Submitter to God lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!