/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My fave food

Umm Abed
08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
As far as meals are concerned, I really enjoy having eggs and it can be for breakfast, lunch or dinner:Deggs and french fries anytime!

Nothing fills you like an egg - thats my motto, anyone agrees?:lol:

Whats your fave food?:welcome:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
08-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Oh eggs? Do you include also chocolate eggs to the category of "eggs"? If yes, I am in. But I prefer strawberries. Fresh strawberries. :statisfie

AasiaAbdullah
08-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Well I like to have meat every now and then. Anything made of meat is my favourite! And if one is looking for a nearby butcher shop or a restaurant for halal food, then the Islamic places feature in Muslim Mate really comes in handy.

Umm Abed
08-25-2015, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Oh eggs? Do you include also chocolate eggs to the category of "eggs"? If yes, I am in. But I prefer strawberries. Fresh strawberries. :statisfie
Well chocolate eggs would count if its your meal, which I highly doubt it is, lol, so that doesnt count:p. Remember, food first then chocolate, as moms say, haha.

Straweberry, mmm, pretty cooling, so what else do you like? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
08-25-2015, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AasiaAbdullah
Well I like to have meat every now and then. Anything made of meat is my favourite! And if one is looking for a nearby butcher shop or a restaurant for halal food, then the Islamic places feature in Muslim Mate really comes in handy.
Meat is so yum I love it too! Chicken is a nother fave. I prefer veggies with any meat dish, Id tuck an egg anywhere there, lol:)

Thanks for that handy tip.

sister herb
08-25-2015, 01:49 PM
One food I eat everyday is a Finnish rye bread. I love its a little sour taste and its good for the health too (a lot of fibers). But no, I don´t want fresh strawberries on the top of my bread then. Maybe you could give me few of your eggs - hard boiled, please.

:D

Umm Abed
08-25-2015, 02:49 PM
One food I eat everyday is a Finnish rye bread. I love its a little sour taste and its good for the health too (a lot of fibers). But no, I don´t want fresh strawberries on the top of my bread them. Maybe you could give me few of your eggs - hard boiled, please.

:D
Hmm interesting that Finnish rye bread, does it have yeast in?

You could put strawberry jam on your bread instead, thats the way to go, lol:happy:. Oh and I love hard boiled eggs in biryani or fish rice dishes yum!

sister herb
08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Hmm interesting that Finnish rye bread, does it have yeast in?

You could put strawberry jam on your bread instead, thats the way to go, lol:happy:. Oh and I love hard boiled eggs in biryani or fish rice dishes yum!
The traditional rye bread hasn´t yeast. It raises by the fermentation process of rye flour and water. And no, sweet jam and kind of bread aren´t good together. Maybe some anchovy fillets instead than jam.

By the way, why kind of thread? Are you hungry there? ^o)

MidnightRose
08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
I love eating ghallaba - vegetable, beef, lamb, chicken, etc. It's awesome!

Umm Abed
08-25-2015, 05:20 PM
@sister herb .. Oh that is healthy really, because too much normal bread is not good, due to the yeast; it makes you feel bloat, so rye bread does sound healthy!

How about some anchovy paste? Mmm thats yum.

I decided on this thread to kick up the imagination of people lol, I dont know... just adding some life to thoughts haha;D
@najimuddin , you must be real traditional eater I guess, awesome menu though:D

Thanks for the replies.

Lady A
08-26-2015, 03:41 AM
I enjoy pizza! A white cheese alfredo with spinach, mushrooms, olives sprinkled with red chili flakes and parm cheese is my go to!
I love variety of ethnic cuisines such as Italian, Mediterranean, Indian, Pakistani, and good ole American. :p

When I'm on a good eating schedule I look forward to breakfast the most (which often than not includes eggs! ;D)

There are a few veggies I'm not fond of, and I gag at boiled milk and red meat +o(

Umm Abed
08-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Thats an awesome pizza combination, @Lady A , Ive never tried spinach on pizza as yet, would love to, though.

Yes breakfast is supposed to be the main meal healthwise; Im feeling for eggs right now l might put eggs on pizza, lol:p.

Tell me which veggies you enjoy the most? I love most veggies, oh and no red meat for you? Then fish and chicken would do, or are you vegetarian?
When you say boiled milk do you mean while its hot or you just prefer milk straight from the fridge? How about hot chocolate?:D

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 02:44 PM
roast/grilled chicken soaked in milk powder, onion, gayya ghee, naga chilli, vinegar, mayonnaise, and ketchup
roast/grilled beef
roast/grilled mutton
diced fried chicken with masala rolled in pancake
fried hilsa fish with fried onions
fried roe mas with fried onions
hidol hutki satni

edit:
and cheesy meaty pizza, home made fish and chips.

Umm Abed
08-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Fish and chips looking really good there yumm, its my fave too, your favorite list sounds like typical traditional food but awesome still. The chicken rolled up pancake would be normally called tortillas I assume.

No real vegatables in your list:p.

taherdawoodi
08-27-2015, 12:45 PM
My fav food by far - Shawarma... nothing beats that !!
Can eat it anytime anywhere !!

Umm Abed
08-27-2015, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taherdawoodi
My fav food by far - Shawarma... nothing beats that !!
Can eat it anytime anywhere !!
Thats good also because you can put any filling inside it.

Whats your fave filling?

taherdawoodi
08-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Lamb, hummus, garlic, salad.... simple but soooooo amazing !!

taherdawoodi
08-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Also a big fan of Yemeni Segar !!! Ohhh so good.

Umm Abed
08-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Lamb, hummus, garlic, salad.... simple but soooooo amazing !!
Thats a delicious combination wow:D, I also like chicken, chips and onion rings, in fact anything goes!

Also a big fan of Yemeni Segar !!! Ohhh so good.
Can you explain what is Yemeni Segar? Mmm sounds yum anyway:)

taherdawoodi
08-27-2015, 05:39 PM
I love to eat - but really don't know what goes into it :D

From the menu that i read in the restaurant - segar is medium sized lamb pieces cooked in spicy sauce... the dish itself is on the drier side.. very lazeez though..

Lady A
08-28-2015, 05:08 AM
Thats an awesome pizza combination, @Lady A , Ive never tried spinach on pizza as yet, would love to, though.
Omgosh! You should try it! It's soooo good, you may never go back to regular. :p

Yes breakfast is supposed to be the main meal healthwise; Im feeling for eggs right now l might put eggs on pizza, lol:p.

Tell me which veggies you enjoy the most? I love most veggies, oh and no red meat for you? Then fish and chicken would do, or are you vegetarian?
When you say boiled milk do you mean while its hot or you just prefer milk straight from the fridge? How about hot chocolate?:D
I do eat fish and chicken. I just can't stand the taste of red meat...and it makes me sick after eating as well.

Boiling milk as in when making chai...or indo-pak sweets such as kheer (rice pudding). Milk itself I cannot drink either...unless in cereal. Not a big fan of chocolate, so I don't even get hot chocolate. :embarrass In the cold winter months I make a cup of cappuccino! :D

Fav veggies...hmm I like potatoes. So much can be done with potatoes. Fries, hash browns (along with eggs), wedges, chips, the list goes on and on! I also like mushrooms, spinach, lettuce, eggplant, a bag of mixed veggies to add to rice, bean sprouts, brussel sprouts, asparagus, peppers, peas, corn, pumpkin (or is it a fruit?)

Have you heard of mixing boiled egg yolk with honey? I was reading that's a popular thing to feed babies for health.

sister herb
08-28-2015, 07:32 AM
Here are pizza lovers... I found few days ago recipe of chocolate pizza. You might like to try it, as dessert, after your pizza. ;D

colinberry1
08-28-2015, 10:43 AM
I love a beautiful fish curry, cannot get the fish I like to have in Malaysia, but make do with mackerel in the UK,............ is making me hungry now.

Abz2000
08-28-2015, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by colinberry1
I love a beautiful fish curry, cannot get the fish I like to have in Malaysia, but make do with mackerel in the UK,............ is making me hungry now.
you could possibly find the asian fish you like in bangla town or east-west cash&carry next to east london mosque

colinberry1
08-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Hi Abz2000, I have been right through Brick Lane and many other places trying to find the fish I like but with no luck, it is a sea cat fish with thorn on its side fins, believe me when those thorns prick you when you catch one of those fish your hand swells up like a balloon, I can remember catching one in Penang.

it has a unique flavour that you will not forget, I miss that wonderful flavour terribly.

Abz2000
08-28-2015, 10:43 PM
there's a fish similar to what you describe called "shing mas" or "shingi mas" , i have seen similar symptoms from their sting and people have told me it hurts more than the non-lethal regular snakes found near the village ponds.
all type of eel like fish creep me out so i stick with the flat ones, but people keep telling me shing fish is wonderful

try the name and they'll show you.

is it like this?

shing fish bangladeshi

first few to appear on google images when searching the above term.

Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Oh thats true for me too I really love fish, fish cooked in any style, anything with fish. Battered fried fish is soo delicious yum I can have it any time! Never tasted catfish types though

Chicken and red meat is also tops:)

Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Here are pizza lovers... I found few days ago recipe of chocolate pizza. You might like to try it, as dessert, after your pizza. ;D
Yep Ive heard of that chocolate 'pizza' which is actually a sweet thing, made with biscuit-type base and topping is full of chocolate, yumm!

Only thing is it might be off putting to some whos thinking of taking a bite into real pizza and then this sweet taste comes up lol:D

Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Lady A, your body might not be agreeing to red meat hence the aversion to it. So you dont have kheer as well? I love kheer made with boiling milk with ground nuts and cardamom spices etc, boiled till thick its just awesome especially when condensed milk is used as well so its richer.

Not a big fan of chocolate either, although I do drink hot chocolate. We might be some of the rare ones who dont go crazy for chocolate lol.

Of the veggies, I havent tasted asparagus and bean sprouts yet. Some people like sweetcorn on pizza, not a great fan of it although I do like sweetcorn:)

Hmm no havent heard of the egg yolk honey mixture, seems nutritious though.

colinberry1
08-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Hi Abz2000, no it is not shing fish that is what they offered me in Brick Lane, from the pictures I've seen searching for the shing fish, of the closes colour and shape was the ribbon fish, but of course the one in the picture was a giant, the one I'm talking about is probably around 12 inches.

I must say I don't like frozen fish at all, but I would settle for a grey Pomfret for second best.

Berries'forest
08-29-2015, 12:11 PM
I love love love Chinese food. So yummy, so good!

colinberry1
08-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Umm Abed, I find the meat here in the UK a little tasteless nowadays it is bred for quantity rather than quality, the same thing is happening to fish, they are serving as a lot of farm rubbish tasteless again, its certainly not the country to be living in if you love fish.

Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Thats a pity, Colinberry1, its always the case with mass production because quality is compromised thats the problem:hmm:.

Anyway, you seem to be a real fish 'enthusiast' lol seeing that you dont like frozen fish:D. How about fish fingers?

colinberry1
08-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Well dare I say, even the fish fingers is no longer what it use to taste like, the quality is definitely gone, so God knows what crap we will be eating in the future.

Umm Abed
08-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Well dare I say, even the fish fingers is no longer what it use to taste like, the quality is definitely gone, so God knows what crap we will be eating in the future.
Very true..:/ Btw, frozen box fish has a distinct 'frozen' taste no matter how fresh, so it doesnt come near as appetizing as fresh fish, thats what I think.

colinberry1
08-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Well I think you just wasting your money, trying to make sense of what a block of wood taste like.

Scimitar
08-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Captain Birdseye, got shot in the eye, and now he's fishing blind I guess :D

Scimi

Snow
08-30-2015, 01:28 AM
I am happy with some milk, oats, walnuts, hemp seeds, goji berries and dates.

sister herb
08-30-2015, 07:33 AM
We better learn to make our foods by ourself. Then we can control what are the ingredients, the quality and what is the taste. If those three things aren´t what we expected - then we can blame only our own skills and improve them. (ahem ahem Welcome to the IB Kitchen Club- thread ahem ahem :playing: )

Dawud1996
08-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Well pizza if my favorite only if it's halal. :)

Umm Abed
08-30-2015, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I am happy with some milk, oats, walnuts, hemp seeds, goji berries and dates.
Alhamdulillah for the simplicity - thats like a healthy porridge, yummy!

Any meat dishes you like?

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud1996
Well pizza if my favorite only if it's halal. :)
Yes masha'allah, good to know you'r conscious of halal only:)

Pizza is great, very versatile - put any filling you like. Whats your fave filling? I also like just plain tomato base with cheese sometimes.

ardianto
09-06-2015, 03:31 PM
My favorite food is food that served for free.

No, no, I am not stingy. But, I really enjoy experience when I visit someone house then served with food, or get food that cooked by someone. Because it makes me can taste food that different than foods that I usually eat. Like yesterday, when my colleague gave me food that cooked by his wife. Baked yellow rice that filled with steamed chicken, wrapped in banana leaf. Not only delicious, but it's also a food that can't be found in restaurant or food stall.

Umm Abed
09-08-2015, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
My favorite food is food that served for free.

No, no, I am not stingy. But, I really enjoy experience when I visit someone house then served with food, or get food that cooked by someone. Because it makes me can taste food that different than foods that I usually eat. Like yesterday, when my colleague gave me food that cooked by his wife. Baked yellow rice that filled with steamed chicken, wrapped in banana leaf. Not only delicious, but it's also a food that can't be found in restaurant or food stall.
I agree, I agree, food that is prepared for the guest is equal to non:Dand alot of care is put into it, so much barakah alhamdulillah!

ardianto
09-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I agree, I agree, food that is prepared for the guest is equal to non:Dand alot of care is put into it, so much barakah alhamdulillah!
Eating food that served for free makes me can feel culinary adventure because I cannot choose the food and must eat the prepared food. Also, the foods often different than I usually eat and not commonly found in restaurant or food stall. In this culinary adventure I often ate food that I've never ate before. And as people say, we will not like a food if we do not taste it.

I was born in upper-middle class family and familiar with foods of this class. But sometime I ate in homes of low class people, and tasted food that made from cheap ingredients. But from what I felt, these foods are very delicious.

Conclusion, cheap foods can be more delicious than expensive foods. :statisfie

Snow
09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Alhamdulillah for the simplicity - thats like a healthy porridge, yummy!

Any meat dishes you like?
I would not call me a vegetarian but I try to avoid meats.
My diet is mostly based on oats, seeds, nuts, beens, fruits, vegetables... basically things that grow straight from the earth, even though I love eggs and a bit of milk.
But I am not a snob about it.
Just recently ate some lovely green curry with chicken. Massaman, is one of the meals that I love.

Umm Abed
09-13-2015, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Eating food that served for free makes me can feel culinary adventure because I cannot choose the food and must eat the prepared food. Also, the foods often different than I usually eat and not commonly found in restaurant or food stall. In this culinary adventure I often ate food that I've never ate before. And as people say, we will not like a food if we do not taste it.

I was born in upper-middle class family and familiar with foods of this class. But sometime I ate in homes of low class people, and tasted food that made from cheap ingredients. But from what I felt, these foods are very delicious.

Conclusion, cheap foods can be more delicious than expensive foods. :statisfie

What is interesting is that when you'r invited to a meal they will always cook a variety of foods, meat, chicken etc, so there is always food that you'r likely to enjoy.

Being invited today made me think about your post, and yes alhamdulillah it was good, a variety, even though it was small it was good. And then desserts are usually to follow, and tea etc.

Ive cooked many dishes but eating by someone's house I will always find something new, which is interesting. Your conclusion is correct, its been proven:)

Umm Abed
09-13-2015, 08:25 PM
I would not call me a vegetarian but I try to avoid meats.
My diet is mostly based on oats, seeds, nuts, beens, fruits, vegetables... basically things that grow straight from the earth, even though I love eggs and a bit of milk.
But I am not a snob about it.
Just recently ate some lovely green curry with chicken. Massaman, is one of the meals that I love.
Okay thats fair also because you have balance, not cutting meats out completely. Thats a healthy diet masha'allah, I love eggs too, fried and with potato chips is my fave..

Your green curry reminds me of a green Indian chicken recipe made with mint and coriander leaves.

sister herb
09-13-2015, 09:16 PM

Your green curry reminds me of a green Indian chicken recipe made with mint and coriander leaves.
Send recipe please!

Snow
09-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Okay thats fair also because you have balance, not cutting meats out completely. Thats a healthy diet masha'allah, I love eggs too, fried and with potato chips is my fave..

A few decades ago, if people needed protein, they had to have some nuts and meat.
Now, we can choose from so many things.
If I can hold back on eating a bit of flesh, and keep one chicken/fish/whatever happy, I am happy.
But I don't go overboard with it.

Umm Abed
09-14-2015, 06:32 PM

A few decades ago, if people needed protein, they had to have some nuts and meat.
Now, we can choose from so many things.
If I can hold back on eating a bit of flesh, and keep one chicken/fish/whatever happy, I am happy.
But I don't go overboard with it.
These days people are far more spoilt for choice and lot of people have become accustomed to restaurants so they want that type of flavours everyday. They dont want standard spiced foods anymore, as before.

I also know that most men will look for meat at the table, whether its chicken or lamb, or fish for that matter, so its good that you can do without meat and be moderate. I myself can have just a little meat with lots of vegetables and Im fine. Not a fussy eater, tbh.

Umm Abed
09-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Send recipe please!

Hmm, where shall I post - here or in the kitchen thread?:p:

sister herb
09-14-2015, 06:47 PM
To the kitchen thread of course - its like our own cookbook.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!