Get Married Or Go To Jail

Judge Ordered This 20-Year-Old To Get Married Or Go To Jail

Get hitched or get locked up.

by loren diblasi 8/7/2015

Share to Facebook

Tweet to Twitter

• WhatsApp

• Email

The decision to get married isn’t one to be taken lightly, at any age. But what if you were forced to either get married — at the ripe old age of 20 — or go to prison? It’s a decision that one young man in Texas and his 19-year-old girlfriend had to face, and no, it wasn’t a joke.

In July, 20-year-old Josten Bundy was sentenced to marry his girlfriend, Elizabeth Jaynes, within 30 days, stemming from an altercation between Bundy and Jaynes’ ex-boyfriend that landed him in court. According to local station KLTV, Bundy challenged Jaynes’ ex to a fight after he had been saying “disrespectful” things about her. Jaynes’ ex later pressed assault charges, although he wasn’t seriously injured.
“I took matters into my own hands and I know that’s wrong,” Bundy toldKLTV. “I know I was raised better, but it happened.”
According to court transcripts, Bundy was asked by Judge Randall Rogers, “Is she worth it?” The judge then gave Bundy the option to marry Jaynes within 30 days — in addition to probation that included writing Bible verses and counseling — or face 15 days in jail.
Bundy, afraid of losing his job due to jail time, agreed to marry Jaynes. It wasn’t that the young couple hadn’t discussed marriage before — but they definitely weren’t happy with the embarrassing circumstances under which they were forced to do so.
“My father didn’t get to go, and that really bothers me, I know he would have liked to be there,” said Bundy. “None of my sisters got to show up, it was such short notice, I couldn’t get it together.”
So… congratulations to the newlyweds? This unbelievable story definitely challenges notions of the “sanctity” of marriage.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2235265/texa...uple-to-marry/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
08-25-2015, 09:22 AM
When I heard that news from the TV before, I was wondering if this guy still has to go to the jail if they at the one day will divorce? If yes, he seemed sentenced to the life. ;D

MidnightRose
08-25-2015, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
when i heard that news from the tv before, i was wondering if this guy still has to go to the jail if they at the one day will divorce? If yes, he seemed sentenced to the life. ;d
lol!!!

zpk
09-02-2015, 09:10 PM
lol.. when they have kids this would be a sweet story to share

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
unless the dude's a tiger.
then she'll call it "penal servitude"

ardianto
09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
If you live in Indonesia, then you probably would hear term "Kawin Hansip", or "married off by hansip (community's security force)". This is a term to describe a case which a man and a woman forced to get married after hansip arrest them because they commit something that over the limit in their relationship. Case like this sometime happen in Indonesia. That's why there is proverb "spouse is in the hand of hansip".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!