you're doing business not kindness.

- Unknown

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Greetings and peace be with you najimuddin;
If you're helping someone and expecting something in return,
you're doing business not kindness.
When we help people even in a purely voluntary sense, we also seem to help ourselves, we seem to feel better after, and you can't put a price on that.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

MuslimInshallah
08-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Greetings and peace to you, Eric, too!

(smile) I think the key word in the original post is "expecting". Of course we always get some benefit (Gift from God) for the good we do, either in this world or the Next, but I think the problem occurs when we do some benefit, not as an act of worship, but because we are seeking something from the other person. Whether it be for some tangible gain, or whether it be for being appreciated, or so we can feel good about ourselves, or some other intangible benefit… if we do good in order to get something for ourselves, then we are not really doing good for the love of God (or because we care about the other person), but because we want to fill our own desires. It is not therefore an act of kindness, but a transaction to benefit ourselves.

(smile) But I think I know what you mean: when we do some good for the love of God, He Does Brighten our hearts… and that feels rather wonderful!

All praise to God, the Generous and Kind, for His many Gifts!

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 02:33 PM
1.*Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?
2.*Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight.
3.*We showed him the Way: whether he be grateful or ungrateful (rests on his will).
4.*For the Rejecters we have prepared chains, yokes, and a blazing Fire.
5.*As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,-
6.*A Fountain where the Devotees of Allah do drink, making it flow in unstinted abundance.
7.*They perform (Halal) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil flies far and wide.
8.*And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-
9.*"We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.
10.*"We only fear a Day of distressful Wrath from the side of our Lord."

11.*But Allah will deliver them from the evil of that Day, and will shed over them a Light of Beauty and (blissful) Joy.
12.*And because they were patient and constant, He will reward them with a Garden and (garments of) silk.
13.*Reclining in the (Garden) on raised thrones, they will see there neither the sun's (excessive heat) nor (the moon's) excessive cold.
14.*And the shades of the (Garden) will come low over them, and the bunches (of fruit), there, will hang low in humility.
15.*And amongst them will be passed round vessels of silver and goblets of crystal,-
16.*Crystal-clear, made of silver: they will determine the measure thereof (according to their wishes).
17.*And they will be given to drink there of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Zanjabil,-
18.*A fountain there, called Salsabil.
19.*And round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness): If thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered Pearls.
20.*And when thou lookest, it is there thou wilt see a Bliss and a Realm Magnificent.
21.*Upon them will be green Garments of fine silk and heavy brocade, and they will be adorned with Bracelets of silver; and their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy.
22.*"Verily this is a Reward for you, and your Endeavour is accepted and recognised."
23.*It is We Who have sent down the Qur'an to thee by stages.
24.*Therefore be patient with constancy to the Command of thy Lord, and hearken not to the sinner or the ingrate among them.
25.*And celebrate the name or thy Lord morning and evening,
26.*And part of the night, prostrate thyself to Him; and glorify Him a long night through.
27.*As to these, they love the fleeting life, and put away behind them a Day (that will be) hard.
28.*It is We Who created them, and We have made their joints strong; but, when We will, We can substitute the like of them by a complete change.
29.*This is an admonition: Whosoever will, let him take a (straight) Path to his Lord.
30.*But ye will not, except as Allah wills; for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
31.*He will admit to His Mercy whom He will; But the wrong-doers,- for them has He prepared a grievous Penalty.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Yesterday night, a motorcyclist who passed in front of my home got a trouble. Plastic bag that he was carrying suddenly torn. So the contents therein, invitation cards, strewn across the road. He stopped his motorcycle and tried to collect those invitation cards. Spontaneously I helped him to collect those cards. Alhamdulillah, the motorists who passed saw what we were doing. They slow down their vehicles although it made traffic became a little stuck. Finally we could collect all the cards, and I gave him new plastic bag.

Yes, helping the others makes me happy. Maybe that's what made me spontaneously helped him.

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Yes, helping the others makes me happy. Maybe that's what made me spontaneously helped him.
Still for the sake of Allah who made it lawful for you to do such, put the desire to do good deeds which please Allah in your fitrah, and gave you the ability to help out in a lawful cause.
obviously if it was haram to help the motorist in picking up the items, you shouldn't stop to do so regardless of how good you would feel about it.

ardianto
08-26-2015, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Still for the sake of Allah who made it lawful for you to do such, put the desire to do good deeds which please Allah in your fitrah, and gave you the ability to help out in a lawful cause.
obviously if it was haram to help the motorist in picking up the items, you shouldn't stop to do so regardless of how good you would feel about it.
People who want to do something unlawful actually do not need help, but they often urge other people to help them. Helping someone to do something unlawful will not make me happy, but will make me feel guilty.

That motorcyclist did not ask help, but spontaneously I helped him. This is what made me happy. I am so grateful because Allah still gives me ability to help the other sincerely without being asked to help.

:)

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 09:52 PM
i remember once on my way back from work there was this little kid on a mountain bike being chased by a couple of cops, they cornered him between a bus stop and a news-agent and he stopped, my friend who worked with me at my stall noticed that he had dropped a bag of cannabis near the bus stop before reaching the news agents and he quickly picked it up before the cops backtracked, i dunno why it felt good having saved the kid a lot of trouble.
yet i still wonder so i mentioned it.
the kid was wrong but the cops would most likely give him dhulm hukm and outside the commands of Allah which is worse.

sister herb
08-26-2015, 10:02 PM
"dhulm hukm"?

^o) I don´t know what it means but it doesn´t sound anything nice...

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 10:25 PM
oppressive/dark judgement.
you should be able to relate sister "herb" ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!