/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Health problems, need help.

Ahmad Irfan
08-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Assalamualaikum,

The only reason that I'm here is to seek help and suggestions on how I can cure or reduce the disease that I'm going through.

First of all, I have chronic gastritis since I was 12 (17 years old now). To explain what it's like suffering chronic gastritis is just imagine having to wake up in middle of the night (often) due to the pain caused by excessive excretion of gastric juice and going to the toilet (diarrhea). During the day, my stomach is always rumbling and making noises like when you're hungry and it's really painful sort of like when you drink carbonated drinks when your stomach is empty. Being lactose intolerant since day one makes it even harder since I can't eat dairy foods such as milk which can help neutralise the acidity in my stomach.

I went to the doctor, now I'm only taking pills, managing my diets and he suggested that I go for an endoscopy but, that's going to be next year since I have to wait for my turn in the government hospital. This is my final year in school and my grades are getting worse due to the distraction (stomach pain) that I have to go through when studying. My teachers and friends don't really trust me when I tell them that I'm suffering this disease because it's uncommon.

Is there a duas or anything that I can do to help myself? JazakAllahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
08-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ahmad Irfan; welcome to the forum and I am so sorry to hear of your problems,

Is there a duas or anything that I can do to help myself? JazakAllahu Khair
I can only tell you about the duas I made when the doctor told me I had non - Hodgkin Lymphoma, I knew this cancer, because our friend had it, and then she died months later. The dua was this, to ask for the wisdom, peace and the serenity to do the will of Allah, whether the cancer was to be a death sentence or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer. I found a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer never troubled me, I have never once prayed for healing.

I can imagine your condition is both medical and a cause for anxiety, and the worry probably makes your condition worse. A prayer of unknown origin is this

Lord, grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.
Grant me the courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

The first line of the prayer is hard, to live in peace with all the bad things that happen, and that are beyond our power to change.
The second line, is tough, there is very little we can change in this world, apart from what goes on in our heads, and how we react to the problem.

If you try and change the things that cannot be changed ( your medical condition now ), it will lead to depression and more anxiety. Somehow we offer up our pain as a dua to Allah, we place all our worries in the hands of our Lord, we pray for the perseverance wisdom and patience to do the will of Allah.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery, Lord grant me the peace and serenity to live this day and every day, knowing that you hold me in the palm of your hand.

Somehow you can get through this, always one day at a time, and you will become stronger.

Prayers and blessings

Eric

Scimitar
08-26-2015, 07:58 PM
How is gastritis treated?

Treatment aims to reduce the amount of acid in the stomach to relieve symptoms and allow the stomach lining to heal, and to tackle any underlying cause.
You may be able to treat gastritis yourself, depending on the cause.
Easing symptoms

• antacids – these over-the-counter medicines neutralise the acid in your stomach, which can provide rapid pain relief
  • histamine 2 (H2) blockers such as ranitidine these medicines decrease acid production, and are available both over the counter and on prescription
  • proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as omeprazole these medicines decrease acid production even more effectively than H2 blockers, and are available both over the counter and on prescription

Treating H. pylori infection

If you've been diagnosed with an H. pylori infection, you'll need H. pylori eradication therapy – which is essentially taking a proton pump inhibitor and two antibiotics. Learn more about eradication therapy.
What else can I do to help myself?

If you think the cause of your gastritis is repeated use of NSAID painkillers, try switching to a different painkiller that isn't in the NSAID class, such as paracetamol. You may want to talk to your GP about this.
Also, consider:

• eating smaller, more frequent meals
  • avoiding irritating (spicy, acidic or fried) foods
  • avoiding or cutting down on alcohol
  • managing stress (read our relaxation tips)

What are the possible complications of gastritis?

Ongoing (chronic) gastritis increases your risk of developing:

• a stomach ulcer
  • polyps (small growths) in your stomach
  • tumours in your stomach, which may or may not be cancerous

Gastritis vs gastroenteritis: the difference

• Gastroenteritis: inflammation (irritation) of the stomach and bowel, caused by an infection
  • Gastritis: inflammation of the stomach lining specifically, and not always caused by infection

What else could be causing my stomach pain?

Don't assume that stomach pain is always a sign of gastritis – the pain could be caused by a wide range of other things, from trapped wind to irritable bowel syndrome.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gastrit...roduction.aspx

Scimi

Abz2000
08-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Maybe get them to check it next time ur in arabia, they have state of the art medical equipment and doctors and carried out a procedure on an elderly guest on my team within three days when he fell ill during hajj, his son was amazed and told me it takes months or years on the nhs list in the u.k.
the services are free for hujjaj who are guests of Allah, and Allah has provided the ummah with ample resources near His sacred precincts.
i'm not saying you should make pilgrimage or umrah just for medical attention, but you can consider it as a wonderful opportunity to visit the sacred house, pray for forgiveness and healing at arafat, and use the lawful facilities which Allah has given you.
the inhospitable british government keep going on complaining about the burden of medical freebie tourists while in reality, drastically cutting medical funds and diverting them to criminal weapons companies, the people at Makkah treat you like honoured guests.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snow
08-31-2015, 06:00 PM
I have never had the problem you are dealing with but I have read about apple cider vinegar as being helpful.
Some people don't like the taste (most of them, I think) so maybe start with mixing it a wee bit with water and honey.
As time goes by, and you do it regularly, it gets better - but always mix it with water.
I mix it pretty strong and I like the taste.
If you can't drink it, you can get it in capsule form.

It also gets your glucose levels correct.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!