/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Transgender question

Mal
08-26-2015, 03:07 PM
My local mosque talks about "Striving for equality, Diversity and Development of communities at home and abroad" Values at the core of my heart.
I'd love to visit a mosque and I'm aware you want men and women to sit and prayer in different areas.
As a 'new' woman, would you allow me to sit with the ladies?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Hello

Welcome here . This is a new matter and very unusual in my country . No idea how western Imams are dealing with it .

U may contact your local Imam / mosque .

dhulqarnayn
08-27-2015, 01:15 AM
Hello,

Mal, firstly I should say that in Islam we do not acknowledge the legitimacy of concepts such as transgenderism. Nonetheless, I hope that doesn't put you off coming to your local Masjid. As the previous poster has stated, you should contact your local Imam/Masjid to hopefully arrange something.

Scimitar
08-27-2015, 02:24 AM
How much did they take away during the "op"?

Are you no longer a man? ie, you don't have the male organ?

have you taken hormone therapy? and ended up with mamaries?

I'm guessing these are the questions a shuyookh with knowledge will ask you first - but I'm no expert - they may just say "you are not allowed to disfigure your body in Islam, and that's what you have done".... sorry I can't help you.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
colinberry1
08-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Well Mal, you probably need to come back in 10 years time and tell us how you have got on.
All the best, hope things work out for you, planet Earth have still a lot to learn, just thank God that you wasn't born with two heads, one a male and the other a female.

dhulqarnayn
08-29-2015, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by colinberry1
Well Mal, you probably need to come back in 10 years time and tell us how you have got on.
All the best, hope things work out for you, planet Earth have still a lot to learn, just thank God that you wasn't born with two heads, one a male and the other a female.
I'm guessing you're one of those hip, liberal-western Christians that supports LGBT nonsense?

May Allah (swt) protect us from the agenda of the shayateen.

colinberry1
08-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Well I like to think that I am not someone who supports anything that have to do with this planet, as for judging peoples personal problems I would leave that to God.

The only things that I can say I totally disagree and hate is dishonesty and greed, as I see it the weapons of the devil, I find it extremely hard to swallow, but of course some of those who brandish the weapons of the devil quite willingly nowadays and hold quite a prominent position of respect, and people tend to accept it as a norm.

Berries'forest
08-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Since you are a 'new' woman and not a man anymore, it only makes sense that you sit in the women's section. However, just to be sure, you should probably contact the mosque and direct this question to them.
Best wishes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!