/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Street sweeper finally makes it to Hajj!

strivingobserver98
08-26-2015, 06:33 PM
This week, the news in Indonesia covered the inspiring story of an 84 year old grandfather named Mi'in.

After 40 years of saving, Mi'in, who works as a street sweeper, is now going to hajj.

Unfamiliar with the banking system, he would tuck away 2000 Rupiahs (~20 cents) a day from his daily earnings into a pillowcase, and occasionally transfer it to a sack to put under his pillow. At the end of the month, he would set aside another 5000 rupiahs (~50 cents) from his monthly salary of 300 thousand rupiahs (~$30), which he shared with his in-laws. The rest would be for food.

"I want to see the ka'abah. I want to make du'a. So I just saved and saved." he said.

With that, his savings grew until it reached almost 40 million rupiahs (~$4000). Guessing that it would be enough, he took his sack of savings to the bank and registered to go to hajj this year.

He left for hajj this week.

May Allah accept his prayers, and forgive everyone on his behalf.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lonewolf007
08-26-2015, 07:57 PM
subhana'Allah, thats so amazing, may Allah SWT grant us all to hajj at least once before we die and accept it from us, Ameen

Berries'forest
08-29-2015, 12:20 PM
That's really beautiful. I am so happy for him, he must be really excited and ecstatic. I'll include him in my prayers, I hope one day I might go to hajj too.

Snow
08-30-2015, 01:45 AM
Amazing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-30-2015, 02:25 AM
:sl:

What grandpa Mi'in has done is worth to be appreciated. But actually his story is not something that very amazing. Every year you can hear similar stories about poor people who spent many years to collect and save their money, little by little, and finally can go hajj although they have been old.

Yes, in Indonesia, is not something amazing if poor Muslim saving his money since he was young and finally can go hajj after he is old. What's amazing is ...... if a rich Muslim goes hajj when he is still young!.

Look what described in the pic below.

Translation: Rich people save their money to sail on cruise ship. Middle class people save their money to go to Hongkong. Poor people save their money to go hajj

If you notice, mostly of Indonesian hajj are old, or old enough. It's because poor Muslims need long time to save their money for hajj journey. While rich Muslims?. They need long time to realize that live in dunya is just temporary.

PS: Jazak Allah khayr for the reminder. In Shaa Allah, I will register for hajj although then I must wait for few years due to long waiting list. Honestly, when I was young I had much money, but I didn't think to go hajj. Then I fell into bankruptcy. That was the time when I regret why I didn't think to go hajj when I still had money?. Now Alhamdulillah, my financial condition is good. I have enough money to go hajj, and I hope, I still have a time before I leave the dunya. So, please make dua for me.

BeTheChange
09-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Very inspiring and heart-warming to read.

May we all make wise decisions that will benefit us when we take our last breath Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!