/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it correct to ban Hijab which the westeners percieve as a symbol of opression,esp

fhmn63
08-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Hijab a symbol of oppression?:heated:

Let us study Veil in different Religion:

My veil is a concern for you.Once I have been told that leave your religion at your home,this is a professional place.And I never understood what my headcover had to do with the religion.It is just a piece of xcloth,that I chose to wear over my head.You feel I am forced to wear a modest cloth when the world is favouring nudity instead of modesty.Let us first take a peek on other religions and your religion too..
HINDUISM:

Describing the state of world in the latter days, which are called Kalyug [dark-age] in the Holy Bhagvada Gita Maha Rishi Vuyas, explains… Women, with uncovered faces, will walk about in the bazaars like prostitutes.
Doesn’t that clearly mean that even Hindu religion supports the veil concept?
In fact if you tour the traditional part of India you’ll see all females doing hijab in their own ways… few even pull down their head covers upto their chins so as to cover their faces as well. Now tell me isn’t the old traditional culture of India itself standing as a strong proof to their original beliefs?
CHRISTIANITY:

In the New Testament we read:
“But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.”(1 Corinthians: 11: 5-6)
Whenever a Christian imagines Mother Mary (pbuh) or wherever we see a sculpture of her, we find that she [Mother Mary (pbuh)] is always a lady in hijab (covering her hair with a cloth), however, there are certain Christian women who desire to dress up with the least possible cloth material today. Even if they wear a good measure they’ll make sure that it must be all very revealing.
ISLAM:

In chapter 24, verse 31 Allah says addresses the believing men saying:
‘Say to the believing men that they restrain their looks… That is purer for them. Surely Allah is Well-Aware of what you do.
And continuing the point to the next verse (same chapter 24, verse 32) Allah addresses the believing women saying:
‘And say to the believing women that they restrain their eyes and guard their private parts, and they display not their beauty and embellishments except that which is apparent thereof, and that they draw their head-covers over their bosoms, and they display not their beauty or their embellishment thereof save to their husbands, or to their fathers,… And they walk not in a style that such of their beauty as they conceal is noticed. And turn you to Allah all together, O believers, that you may succeed.’
So,practically I understand,that a veil is in all major religion and what is wrong if the women chose to be covered.why is the public offended with the veil.Yes,it is in all religion.If you don’t practise your’s you should rather not point fingers to others.If you are bothered about giving me civil rights to live unoppressed,believe me,every sane women will feel oppressed if they are bound to reveal their body.You stare at me because of my veil.But I am happy to be stared at for looking a bit different rather than for exposing some flesh for the sake of fashion & entertainment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SpanishOmelette
09-02-2015, 12:12 AM
It seems your views match mine very much! It is in my belief that the headscarf should become a universal concept, for the Jews also. I believe it would promote modesty.

BlueOwl358
09-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Agreed fully. Ideas in Islam aren't really a bunch of copywrited traditions that some Middle Easterners started. These ideas are universal regardless of creed, and that is the point of Islam, a universal idea that unites basic and common ideas of truth found in every culture, spoken in every culture, and preached for every culture.

Abz2000
09-02-2015, 12:55 PM
*Is it correct to ban Hijab?
Allah has, out of His infinite wisdom, made it compuslory upon the daughters among the children of Adam (female humans) to wear hijab which also helps guard their modesty and dignity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
I am against a ban on hajib, because I believe people should be able to wear whatever they want so long as it doesn't somehow endanger others. I would understand a ban on veils or face coverings in high security areas or in places where it is otherwise important we can see somebody's face, but anywhere I can wear a ski mask, she should be allowed to wear a hajib or burka or whatever she wants. I do not understand why it would ever pose a danger to anyone to hide merely your hair but show your face. I would draw the line at no special rules for or against people based on their religion.

I do understand the concern that leads people towards wanting such a ban, but I find it a bit overly paternalistic. People are afraid that women will be pressured by men (be it relatives or society at large) into wearing these items. Such pressure or forcing should obviously not be allowed, but one shouldn't assume that just because a woman wears this she isn't doing it for her own reasons. I understand that many muslim women wear this for their own sense of privacy and modesty.

Abz2000
09-03-2015, 07:04 PM
The hijab and niqab have no relation to ski masks, the hijab is a requirement by God Himself.
And the niqab is a requirement when you have indecent people with diseases of their hearts walking in your midst.
If you have a problem with the hijab, take a rope to the ceiling and meet God then petition Him.

Pygoscelis
09-03-2015, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
The hijab and niqab have no relation to ski masks, the hijab is a requirement by God Himself.
The hijab, no. The niqab looks a lot like a ski mask, and covers the same areas of the face. If one person can cover their face, all persons should be allowed to do so. I don't care if you want to do it for religious reasons or for any other reasons. It should usually not be a problem.

If you have a problem with the hijab, take a rope to the ceiling and meet God then petition Him.
How lovely of you to recommend suicide to me. But as I wrote above in the post you responded to, I have no problem with the hijab.

Abz2000
09-03-2015, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
The hijab, no. The niqab looks a lot like a ski mask, and covers the same areas of the face. If one person can cover their face, all persons should be allowed to do so. I don't care if you want to do it for religious reasons or for any other reasons. It should usually not be a problem.
then all persons need to submit to God and accept Islam, kafirs with ski masks are usually undisciplined and therefore susceptible to crime.

How lovely of you to recommend suicide to me. But as I wrote above in the post you responded to, I have no problem with the hijab.
i can be lovely when i want to be can't i? :statisfie however you sometimes force me to respond.
i can't think of another way you'd get that petition through though, the law prescribing hijab is universal and mandatory.
so submit to God or go ask Him.

you must understand, i'm in a hostage situation, so is everyone on the planet ;)
no escaping until death do us part, i just don't wanna get thrown in the dungeon when it's all done
15.*But when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed unto them, those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, Say: "Bring us a reading other than this, or change this,"
Say: "It is not for me, of my own accord, to change it: I follow naught but what is revealed unto me: if I were to disobey my Lord, I should myself fear the penalty of a Great Day (to come)."

16.*Say: "If Allah had so willed, I should not have rehearsed it to you, nor would He have made it known to you. A whole life-time before this have I tarried amongst you: will ye not then understand?"

Quran Chapter 10 Jonah
with all that said, i have come to realise that God gave us the best manual for running things, it's for our own good.
haven't you seen how the hostages sometimes get betrayed or deceived by their governments and realise that the hostage takers are on the right track, then take the side of the reviled terrorist?
Goldstein comes to mind.
though God is way above those comparisons, He has promised to cast terror into the hearts of the disbelievers due to their crimes and refusal to see good sense.
and it was His advice to those who think that He won't help His Messenger, that they should take a rope to the ceiling to see if it removes that which enrages them.
but i agree.
He's the best!

and since we all end up becoming a slave to something or another, i'd rather be a slave of God since He's richer and more powerful.
can't beat Him so join Him!

check this out, it's short but insightful, you'll get an idea at least:
i uploaded it for you pygo, aren't i lovely?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmvmpz02pe...jonah.pdf?dl=0

Pygoscelis
09-04-2015, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
check this out, it's short but insightful, you'll get an idea at least:
i uploaded it for you pygo, aren't i lovely?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmvmpz02pe...jonah.pdf?dl=0
You mix hatred and love into one beautiful package. You really do. Forgive me for not opening your link that you uploaded just for me, as I suspect it is probably a kindly crafted bit of code designed to lovingly destroy my computer.

Abz2000
09-04-2015, 03:48 AM
You mix hatred and love into one beautiful package. You really do.
you complement me pygo, you really do, must mean i'm getting there.

And know that among you is the Messenger of Allah.
If he were to obey you in much of the matter, you would be in difficulty,
but Allah has endeared to you the faith and has made it pleasing in your hearts
and has made hateful to you disbelief, defiance and disobedience.
Those are the [rightly] guided.

Quran 49:7

Forgive me for not opening your link that you uploaded just for me, as I suspect it is probably a kindly crafted bit of code designed to lovingly destroy my computer.
[/quote]

God willing, you won't find me intentionally trying to harm you,
a Muslim isn't programmed to be malicious, he/she will often endure the malice of others just to bring you the truth.
i've lived through so many kuffar and munafiqeen trying to poison me with a smile, that i have become a little openly wary resentful, maybe it's prudence. (judas, betrayest thou the son of man with a kiss?)
remember that cobbler dude in a tale of two cities?

anyways, the story in the link is that of prophet Jonah as recorded in the previous scripture, it contains a little more detail as usual but is very short and insightful.

don'r blame me for being wary of you, i often read between the lines in your posts and perceive the type of malicious software you describe, but in your case it appears purposeful.
and i believe you have a very stiff neck also, otherwise you would have most likely accepted the true way of life by now given the amount of exposure you've had.

adios amigo :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!