/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lonely and could not find job

lonelycat
09-01-2015, 01:00 AM
assalammualaikum, I am an immigrant and now I have to be on my own. My first marriage caused me to go broke. And second marriage ended when my ex's grown children and kids came to live in his house. He complaints being burden with expenses and his daughter's demand etc. He said he now looking for well to do sister, so he can leave his house and join her.
I am alone again, half a century old, and never work in US. I have tried and few give me courtesy reply, that they cannot take me because I never work for over 6 years, especially, in US. I wish I can do freelance job like nanny but I have no home but temporary in someone's place. I wish I could do business but I cannot find smart serious partner and definitely no investor wants to listen to me, who only has little more than high school. I don't know what to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-01-2015, 03:19 AM
Assalaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

My sister, I feel your pain.

I am 40 and was unemployed for a very long time, until a few years ago when I started my own business with no start up capital, it's been really tough trying to earn enough money to pay bills and just survive. I'm still struggling on a daily basis, and I don't go out with my Muslims friends much at all because I do not have the money to enjoy it.

Instead, I am in my room most days, or in my home office (which is also in my room) working. Trying to make some money.

I don't have an education either - and I live in London UK - it is really very hard to live here in my position.

I guess, I am only making this post to let you know you are not alone dear sister in Islam.

There are many like us.

And there are many here who can offer us some good advice and help us to reconcile our focus, in sha Allah.

I pray to Allah that HE ease for you, your situation, and give you a good husband who will be your support and your happiness in this dunya and the next, Ameen.

brother Scimi

Lady A
09-01-2015, 06:21 AM
:wa:
:welcome: to the forum!

I'm so sorry to know about your struggles! May Allah ease your hardships and guide you to a way out, Ameen! You mentioned being a nanny in your list...I've seen some local help wanted ads looking for nannies or caretaker for elders. Check them out! At least in the States we have such a thing as wanted ads.

As much as you feel worried about the negatives that are going on, be thankful for the positives! Here's a thread I read that made me realize we tend to let our minds worry about the dark things: The Black Dot.

So 3 things I noticed that are an asset to you:
1. You are able to communicate in English
2. You do know how to navigate the net and use a computer
3. You're hopeful, even though you may not feel it yet!

Places to look for employment: library, school cafeteria, grocery store, mall, a walmart, bakery, factory, home depot. At least a part time job will give you steady income. A full time may help you find a more permanent type of home. Think of sub-leasing an apartment, or even rooming with strangers (with standards of course! like non-smoking, non drinking, no pets, etc). Don't be afraid to move to another state! All of earth is Allah's land and where ever you're meant to find success will be!

Think outside the box!

fhmn63
09-01-2015, 07:20 AM
It is sad to hear your story.May Allah give you sabr and make ways for you.
I can suggest you to take tutions .You can teach the young kids.
You can also offer to babysit.Babysitting is not a bad job at all.
Or take some part time job in shopping malls,cafetaria,etc..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zpk
09-02-2015, 08:41 PM
salam
i think you should go to the islamic center or a mosque near your area.
you can put your number there as a cook or as a help for household chores / nanny stuff.
i hope this could help you.

insha Allah all will be fine. just keep praying and have faith. that is very important.
may Allah bless you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!