/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A man trying to produce surah like of Quran

fhmn63
09-08-2015, 08:29 AM
I had an argue with a man and he says he has produced a surah like of Quran.
Although I pity his arrogance but I don't understand one word of his poem.

can anyone translate this foolish poem:

[it goes:
Väinämöinen ryhtyy rakentamaan venettä ja käy Tuonelassa pyytämässä veneenveistoon tarvittavia sanoja, mutta ei saa niitä. Väinämöinen hakee puuttuvat sanat kuolleen tietäjän, Antero Vipusen, vatsasta ja saa veneen valmiiksi.
Väinämöinen lähtee veneellään kosimaan Pohjolan tytärtä. Ilmarinenkin lähtee kosiomatkalle. Pohjolan neito valitsee sammon takojan. Ilmarinen selviytyy kolmesta yliluonnollisesta työkokeesta: hän kyntää kyisen pellon, pyydystää Tuonelan karhun ja Manalan suden sekä lopulta suuren hauen Tuonelan joesta. Louhi lupaa tyttärensä Ilmariselle.
I'd bet you are not be able to find one single surah that can beat my poem. )

And vote it if it stands to one word of Quran..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-08-2015, 08:48 AM
I can. Its Finnish language and its from the book called Kalevala. Easy task. But don´t call it as the foolish poem, the story is a part of Finnish national epic.

:embarrass

Ok here we go:

Väinämöinen (the old wise man) starts to built a boat and visits in Tuonela (the country of the deaths) asking the magic words needed for making the boat, but don´t get them. Väinömöinen gets missing words from the stomach of death wise man, Antero Vipunen and gets the boat ready.

Väinämöinen goes by his boat to propose for marry the daughter of the North. Also Ilmarinen goes to the proposal travel. Maid of the North choose the smith of "sampo". Ilmarinen manages from the three supernatural test: he plow the field full of snakes, catch the bear of Tuonela and the wolf of Manala (quite same as Tuonela) and at the least a big pike from the river of Tuonela. Louhi (the matron of the North) promises hers daughter to Ilmarinen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalevala

We can´t compare the words of the Quran to the old people´s stories. And don´t forget to tell to this man that this story wasn´t his own, but part of the story of Kalevala, collected in Finland at the end of 1800´s.

Abz2000
09-08-2015, 10:00 AM
the challenge was made by God, best that He responds, though personally to me that poem sounded funny.
was louhi a kafir?
if so, how likely is it that she did give her daughter in marriage in the end,
maybe she produced a note that says: "i promise to give the bearer on demand one daughter in marriage" and finnished the national epic there?

sister herb
09-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Louhi:

Louhi is described as a powerful witch with the ability to change shape and weave mighty enchantments. She is also the main opponent of Väinämöinen and his group in the battle for the magical artifact Sampo in the Kalevala. She has a number of beautiful daughters, whom Ilmarinen, Lemminkäinen and other heroes attempt to win in various legends. In true fairy tale form, Louhi sets them difficult to impossible tasks to perform in order to claim such a prize, which leads to the forging of the Sampo.

As many mythological creatures and objects are easily conflated and separated in Finnish mythology, Louhi is probably an alter-ego of various other goddesses, notably Loviatar.

Sampo:

In Finnish mythology, the Sampo or Sammas was a magical artifact of indeterminate type constructed by Ilmarinen that brought good fortune to its holder. When the Sampo was stolen, it is said that Ilmarinen's homeland fell upon hard times and he sent an expedition to retrieve it, but in the ensuing battle it was smashed and lost at sea.

The Sampo is a pivotal element of the plot of the Finnish epic poem Kalevala, compiled in 1835 (and expanded in 1849) by Elias Lönnrot based on earlier Finnish oral tradition.

In the expanded second version of the poem, the Sampo is forged by Ilmarinen, a legendary smith, as a task set by the Mistress of Pohjola in return for her daughter's hand.

"Ilmarinen, worthy brother,
Thou the only skilful blacksmith,
Go and see her wondrous beauty,
See her gold and silver garments,
See her robed in finest raiment,
See her sitting on the rainbow,
Walking on the clouds of purple.
Forge for her the magic Sampo,
Forge the lid in many colors,
Thy reward shall be the virgin,
Thou shalt win this bride of beauty;
Go and bring the lovely maiden
To thy home in Kalevala."

Ilmarinen works for several days at a mighty forge until finally the Sampo is created:

On one side the flour is grinding,
On another salt is making,
On a third is money forging,
And the lid is many-colored.
Well the Sampo grinds when finished,
To and fro the lid in rocking,
Grinds one measure at the day-break,
Grinds a measure fit for eating,
Grinds a second for the market,
Grinds a third one for the store-house.

Later, Louhi the sorceress steals the Sampo, provoking Ilmarinen and Väinämöinen to enter her stronghold in secret and retrieve it. Louhi, in reply, pursues them and combats Väinämöinen. In the struggle, Louhi is vanquished but the Sampo is destroyed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Actually its not possible to compare the Quran and fairy tales of the Kalevala because the Kalevala isn´t any kind of religious book. It´s just a collection of the ancient Finnish oral stories.

This man who claimed that he can produce a surah like of Quran might took that part of the story because it must to be so strange and unknown to every others. And he didn´t think you will show the text to the Finnish. :D

a.danhamidu
09-08-2015, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam hashtag

[it goes:
Väinämöinen ryhtyy rakentamaan venettä ja käy Tuonelassa pyytämässä veneenveistoon tarvittavia sanoja, mutta ei saa niitä. Väinämöinen hakee puuttuvat sanat kuolleen tietäjän, Antero Vipusen, vatsasta ja saa veneen valmiiksi.
Väinämöinen lähtee veneellään kosimaan Pohjolan tytärtä. Ilmarinenkin lähtee kosiomatkalle. Pohjolan neito valitsee sammon takojan. Ilmarinen selviytyy kolmesta yliluonnollisesta työkokeesta: hän kyntää kyisen pellon, pyydystää Tuonelan karhun ja Manalan suden sekä lopulta suuren hauen Tuonelan joesta. Louhi lupaa tyttärensä Ilmariselle.

Any chance you could send me this poem translated in English for my perusal?

sister herb
09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
^^ I just translated it (my the first post in this thread). ^o) Or do you want the original poem by English as this text was only a short explanation what happens in this poem, not the poem itself?

Kalevala: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Kalevala

a.danhamidu
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks I just saw and read it...wow, what a poem. Nevertheless I recommend the guy in question to read the entire English version of the Quran so that he can personally see why he'll never get anywhere close to composing something like it. And if he can read the Arabic version them better.

Abz2000
09-08-2015, 09:05 PM
the finnish poem sounds like babylonian sorcery which is described in the book of revelation found in the previous scripture,
the woman who tries to manipulate the blacksmith and is extravagantly clothed is described as a wh0re that uses sorcery and intoxicates people to commit adultery.

the poem says:
"Ilmarinen, worthy brother,Thou the only skilful blacksmith,Go and see her wondrous beauty,See her gold and silver garments,See her robed in finest raiment,See her sitting on the rainbow,Walking on the clouds of purple.
Forge for her the magic Sampo,
Forge the lid in many colors,Thy reward shall be the virgin,Thou shalt win this bride of beauty;
Go and bring the lovely maidenTo thy home in Kalevala."
the book of revelation says:
1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great wh0re that sitteth upon many waters:*
2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

*3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness:

and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.*
4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
*5And upon her forehead*was*a name written,
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
*6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
the scripture goes on to describe how the wh0re gets burned and eaten, in another place it is described as a city of sin that gets burned a little like how sodom was burned, and how an angel cries out that woever receives the mark of the beast in the right hand or forehead (which is earlier described as containing a digital code required in transactions is going to hell, the parables are mind boggling but some appear to be manifesting.

a blacksmith is described in isaiah after an allusion to the mercy shored up for Hajar (as) the bond-maid of Ibrahim (pbuh) is described:
makes me think of dhul qarnain and the bellows used to create a non scalable and impenetrable wall to keep out the gog and magog who corrupt and violate.

15Behold, they shall surely gather together,*but*not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
16Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue*that*shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This*is*the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness*isof me, saith the LORD.
the chapter al Muddatthir in the Quran drops a few dimes at the end:

however, no point freaking out since we know that Allah accepts the repentance of any person until death arrives,
the woman and the man are all called to repent and receive mercy.

BeTheChange
09-08-2015, 09:19 PM
The title alone is enough to make an individual laugh.

Allah hu Akbar.

May Allah swt remove all ignorance from our heart Ameen.

sister herb
09-08-2015, 09:21 PM
^^ I've been thinking that the man who collected these stories and made them a book, has put a bit more of the stories of other countries and sourcies. ;D

Scimitar
09-08-2015, 09:50 PM
I was laughing too loudly :D that guy who wrote the poem, must be comedian :D

Scimi

a.danhamidu
09-09-2015, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam hashtag

[it goes:

Not even the slightest match against the Words of Allah! The man with the claim is extremely clueless...let him know that.

a.danhamidu
09-09-2015, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
The title alone is enough to make an individual laugh.

Allah hu Akbar.

May Allah swt remove all ignorance from our heart Ameen.
Ameen to that.

Abz2000
09-09-2015, 07:48 AM
here's a couple of past attempts at sorcery with the aim to compete with and undo the truth.
just as satans amongst jinn and men had attempted to chant over the kingdom of Sulaiman (pbuh) to whom Allah had granted a source of unique energy.

being a student of sorcery and illusion, when he heard of the Prophethood of Muhammad pbuh, Musailamah first came out with:
from musailamah the messenger of Allah to Muhammad the messenger of Allah,
as to what follows,
half the earth is for you and half for me,
and Quraish are an oppressive folk.

the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) decided to call a spade a spade then confirmed the truth positively as it stands,
from Muhammad the Messenger of Allah to Musailamah the liar,
as to what follows,
indeed the earth is Allah's, He causes to inherit it whom He pleases,
and the end is for those who adhere.

the Messenger of Allah asked the messengers sent by Musailamah what they thought about it and they claimed that Musailamah was indeed a messenger from Allah,
the messenger of Allah told them that he would have killed them for their false speech had it not been for the custom that messengers are not to be mistreated.

Musailamah upon receiving the truthful letter asked the messenger whom the messenger of Allah had sent:
what do you say about Muhammad,
he replied, i testify that he is the messenger of Allah,
Musailamah then asked,
and what do you say about me?
to which he replied:
i can't hear you,
Musailamah (may Allah curse him) cut off a limb from the messenger and repeated the questions to which the messenger would repeat the same answers, and Musailamah (may Allah curse him) would keep cutting a part of him off until he died, may Allah frant the confirmers of truth the highest places in paradise.

Musailamah then decided to turn to falsely interpreting and casting different contradictory illusions,

below is a jingle that sounds like quite a serious attempt to cast an illusion on the mind despite it's foolish appearance,
it attempts to make full spectrum stationary to falsely appear as mere passiveness, despite the man using illusory mirrors to falsely claim mirrored prophethood with the Messenger of Allah.

o frog, o two frogs, croak as you croak, the bottom if you is in mud and the top of you is in water, you neither drink, nor do you prevent the water from being drunk.

and this one made no sense whatsoever.

the harvesting surah:

planting seeds,
and then the seeds grow,
and you harvest the grain,
and you crush it,
and you make bread out of it,
and then you mix the bread with soup,
eat from the thareed.

remember that the tower of babel was a tall structure of false and flirty babblings to create the illusion of Godhood of men.
God is said to have split them into different languages in order to expose the flirty illusory talk,
translation usually takes letter and spirit into account in place of the illusions that flirty babbling chants conjure.

Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!
Quran 2:9

98.*Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and apostles, to Gabriel and Michael,- Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith.99.*We have sent down to thee Manifest Signs (ayat); and none reject them but those who are perverse.

100.*Is it not (the case) that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throw it aside?- Nay, Most of them are faithless.

101.*And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!

102.*They followed what the Satans gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon:
And Solomon did not disbelieve, but the satans disbelieved,
teaching people Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut.
But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not disbelieve."
They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah.s permission.
And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter.
And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!
103.*If they had believed and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!
104.*O you who believe! Say not (to the Messenger. words of ambiguous import, (raina) but words of respect (unzurnaa);
and listen:
To those who disbelieve is a grievous punishment.
watch the false illusions that encompass them disappear when reality hits home.

OmAbdullah
09-19-2015, 11:19 PM
The Holy Quraan is a Book of Tawheed while the poem is full of shirk, it has a story of sorcery while the Holy Quraan is strictly against sorcery. It is not possible for any one among mankind and Jinn to bring a match of the Holy Quraan.

crimsontide06
09-19-2015, 11:36 PM
Someone has actually tried??? lol.....

monroe
09-20-2015, 05:23 AM
I just read the poem, it looks great!

AgnotsicPrince
09-27-2015, 03:46 AM
I think it's funny as well. No poem is necessary. Just plagiarize. Challenge met. Or even a translation will do. Well, it has been done to suit non arab speaking Muslims in foreign countries. Personally I think the so called challenge is misinterpreted, and/or misrepresented. Nevertheless, it's a great hustle.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!