/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What am I suppose to do? :/

Aaqib
09-08-2015, 09:53 PM
I try telling my parents that I have to pray at school but they keep saying it's "Showing off", "this is when people get sick of Islam". They tell me to come home and pray Duhr and Asr.
What am I suppose to do? I have to pray but obeying my parents is something as well
Advice? Pleas reply quick.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
09-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

The requirements of Islam come before obeying your parents. So in situations when you will be offering your prayers late or missing them, it's ok to disobey your parents and pray at school on time. As long as it's safe and it's accommodating to pray at school, then I don't see the problem and don't understand why they are against it. Remember, “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Wsalaam

Aaqib
09-09-2015, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

The requirements of Islam come before obeying your parents. So in situations when you will be offering your prayers late or missing them, it's ok to disobey your parents and pray at school on time. As long as it's safe and it's accommodating to pray at school, then I don't see the problem and don't understand why they are against it. Remember, “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Wsalaam
But what happens if then my teacher contacts my parents to see what I'm doing is allowed and they say no :/
My dad says that me praying at school causes disturbance in the class because he thinks it'll cause me to miss something important in class, what about that reasoning?

MuslimInshallah
09-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Aaqib,

Mmm… you ought to have some breaks between classes and at lunchtime… if you do your prayers during these times, then you wouldn't miss anything in class. And if you were doing your prayers at lunchtime, for instance, would your teacher even know?

Perhaps you could do your thuhr prayers at lunchtime, and your asr at home? (smile) I'm pretty sure that if you look at the situation, there are ways of Pleasing Allah, as well as accommodating your parents and teacher. It may take a little creativity and flexibility, but it should be doable. Because Allah has Gifted us with quite a span of time in which to do our prayers (you don't have to do them immediately if you are engaged in something, you know…).

May Allah, the Kind, Bless those who struggle to Please Him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
09-09-2015, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Aaqib,

Mmm… you ought to have some breaks between classes and at lunchtime… if you do your prayers during these times, then you wouldn't miss anything in class. And if you were doing your prayers at lunchtime, for instance, would your teacher even know?

Perhaps you could do your thuhr prayers at lunchtime, and your asr at home? (smile) I'm pretty sure that if you look at the situation, there are ways of Pleasing Allah, as well as accommodating your parents and teacher. It may take a little creativity and flexibility, but it should be doable. Because Allah has Gifted us with quite a span of time in which to do our prayers (you don't have to do them immediately if you are engaged in something, you know…).

May Allah, the Kind, Bless those who struggle to Please Him.
There is time, I keep telling my parents that but he says he's not a big fan about that

umairlooms
09-16-2015, 09:22 AM
If the school does not have any problem with it, I am not sure why your parents have an issue. Asserting oneself, one's belief and one's faith is something I certain appreciate. Good going!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!