/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imaan going down, need Advice

umairlooms
09-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I go through stages, like most people, where my iman is high and sometimes my iman is low.
Lately my iman has been low and I think it is because I am a bt selfish. My connection to God might be very much based
on me asking him 'favours', however knowing about predestination and knowing that not all Duas come true has severely effected
my level of Iman.

At times, I cant put my religion at the forefront of life, how can I when ISLAM is all about good and bad and does not assure material success.

I need help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-13-2015, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umairlooms
Hi Guys,
Assalamualaikum

I go through stages, like most people, where my iman is high and sometimes my iman is low.
Lately my iman has been low and I think it is because I am a bt selfish. My connection to God might be very much based
on me asking him 'favours', however knowing about predestination and knowing that not all Duas come true has severely effected
my level of Iman.
Okay, could you choose at where and from who you would be born?. ..... You couldn't, of course. Yes, bro, Allah could make you born in other place and from different parent. If that was happened, might be now you live as poor in a rural area, always in hungry, could not go to school, didn't have internet access. But look at yourself now. How many favours that Allah has given to you?. And you still complain because Allah didn't give some of your request?.

In relationship with Allah we should not have attitude of "take and give", but we must have attitude of "give and take". If your attitude is "take and give", of course, you will fall into attitude "if Allah give what I want, I will worship Him. If Allah doesn't give what I want, I will stop worship Him".

Bro, try to realize, how many favours that Allah has given to you, try to be grateful with what Allah has given to you. In Shaa Allah, you will always feel close with Allah.

At times, I cant put my religion at the forefront of life, how can I when ISLAM is all about good and bad and does not assure material success.

I need help
I am a businessman. In managing my business I follow guidance from "Entrepreneurship and Business Management" such as how to establish business, how to build a market, how to get buyers, etc. Then, do I follow guidance from Islam in my business?. Yes!. I follow guidance such as, I must honest in business, I should not cheat the buyers, I must give the salary that's being the right of my employees, etc.

If you want to get success in working, of course you cannot follow guidance only from Islam. If you want to be architect, of course you must learn architecture, because Islam doesn't teach you how to build a building. But you should not leave guidance from Islam because with Islam you will know which you are allowed to do, which you must avoid.

Islam does not guide you get material success, but Islam guide you to always on the halal way when you build your material success.

:)

umairlooms
09-14-2015, 10:33 AM
yes, this makes sense. I am trying to not be as greedy and understand that Islam is not about greed or immediate gratification, in fact it is about delaying the gratification. This requires more than your reply (as much as I appreciate it), it requires a total change in thinking. I have to completely change my attitude to life and God, for this to work. I need to read up more

Ridwaan Ravat
09-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Assalamualykum.

No need to stress, all of our imaan goes through phases. Insha Allah the following will help:

With regards to duaas, continue asking. Allah loves when a person asks from Allah. Nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم said "duaas are accepted in three ways 1) you granted what you ask for 2) what you asked for is held back ,but a calamity is removed 3) the reward is kept for you in the hereafter " so continue asking and know your duaas are accepted.

To strengthen your imaan:

1) Recite 100 times daily

لا إله إلا الله

2) Be grateful for your imaan.

When overpowered by doubts recite

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

لا حول و لا قوة إلا بالله

Remember me in your duaas.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Also remember being in the company of the good and pious, will give you a great boost of Imaan.

May Allah strengthen your Imaan and keep you firm.:amin:

umairlooms
09-18-2015, 01:53 PM
bring in the company of pious people?
well, i am trying, at least by being on this forum :D

Eric H
09-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Greetings and peace be with you umairlooms;

I have learned valuable lessons in life from a number of homeless people, they have been wondering around for years with their home in a bag. Many of them, suffer depression, and probably have lots of time to think on their own........

One homeless man said, Every night before I go to sleep, I find at least five things to thank God for.

One man said, I have no worries, God loves me.

One old homeless lady asked if she could pray for us.

They seemed to have a profound spiritual insight, dealing with all their problems in life.

In the spirit of striving to do the will of God

Eric

zpk
09-20-2015, 08:58 AM
salam all

It does happen to me as well. There are days in which i am regular and proper about my namaz and quran but then it ends. i have been passing this time right now. but i notice that the guilt is building up.

may ALLAH guide us all..

BeTheChange
09-20-2015, 01:02 PM
I would strongly advise you to enquire about Islamic classes in your area and make an effort to go to these weekly classes - in sha Allah, the talks and the people will inspire you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!