/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Review of Qasid Institute and need advice for further studies inshallah

ssas
09-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Al Salamu Alaikum, about 5 months ago I posted asking about a place to study abroad for a "Western Arab" who knows no arabic, and alhemdallah decided on Qasid Institute in Amman Jordan. I finished my first term and am working on my second 3 month term currently. The school has been great, for anyone considering it, especially for someone who doesn't have a formal background in Arabic studies. There are 2 classes, first one is Sarf and Nahu which is Morphology and Syntax, grammar, etc.This is the tough and intensive one. They say it teaches you 80% of all the grammar you'll ever use, and is very, very intensive. All the examples and exams are of ayats from the Holy Quran and the ahadith. The other class focuses on speaking, writing, and listening. I preferred the first one as you learned a lot more and actually noticed the knowledge instantly when you opened a mushaf or hadith book and started I'rabing (vowelling) it and understanding and predicting what is coming next. Both helped in their own categories, and mixed with the dealings and interaction in Jordan I can honestly say I've improved tremendously only after one term. I can write (horribly), read properly, speak fusha better, and speak Amiya better also. Most importantly, I can read Quran better alhemdallah and actually vowel and sound out words if they are not vowelled, with the exact grammar rules that apply. The teachers are great, one graduated from a Sharia program, and a lot of others are people who have spent years learning deen and fusha arabic. It is expensive though and 99 percent of students there are from their university. Now I need to know where to continue my studies. I'm looking to study sharia inshallah as I truly love what I've gotten into and envision myself spending years learning the most important thing in our lives, religion. There are places all over, Madinah university, Al Azhar, University of Jordan, etc. Has anyone studied at any of them? How can you get in if over 25? What if you pay for yourself? Do they have websites or phone number? I've looked and they don't. I am prepared to get all the documents and go in person to Saudi and apply, but just need to know what are the chances. Are the degrees in sharia recognized and reliable at lesser known universities like U of Jordan, Jordan Islamic College, Yarmouk, University of Kuwait, etc? JAK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
09-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Walaikumasalaam,

Am sorry i don't have no knowledge on these Islamic institutions.

What you can do is use any search engine and find the institution's contact details.

I've managed to find one for you;

The University of Jordan

Al Jamia Al Urduniyya, Amman, Jordan
+962 6 535 5000

Maybe you could contact the schools and address your concerns? In sha Allah.

May Allah swt guide you to the correct school Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!