/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you were Prime Minister

JohnnyEnglish
09-13-2015, 05:20 PM
If the UK Prime Minister, German Chancellor and French President asked you what they should do about Syria what would you advise?

Millions of Syrians displaced, countless thousands walking to Germany and other parts of Europe all because they are getting away from Assad, Isis and many other Assad opposition fighters. Europe wants a peaceful stable Syria not least so that Syrians stay in Syria and not migrate to Europe. What would you advise that they do to achieve a peaceful stable Syria? Is it possible to achieve that and if not why not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
09-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Thought you were going to tell a bar joke.. Lol never mind.

They probably have experience from dealing with Iraqi refugees, lybian refugees long time ago etc.

As well as those people entering through EU work visas.. Freedom of movement whatever they call it.

At the end if the day even if a common sense approach is used to rehome these people..

It's on them what they make of themselves and how quickly they do it.

Just today I had a man turn up who just moved to the UK from France, needed to plug his charger in for a minute.

He said he moved after twenty years of living there because of how they are treating Muslims.

He went on to say about the education system and how he expects it to be better here.

He asked if its even possible for kids to learn Islam in school here.

...I said, here there are schools for every faith.

I don't know what he thought about it.

I have no idea what they are like because I went to public school.

If you know how things don't work sometimes you really have to try something different.

sister herb
09-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Firstly...

I would ask them to increase pressure against the president Putin who supports Assad and sends more weapons which he uses for killing more civilians. Also I ask them to take more time to think the ways how to a) stop conflicts in the area, b) stop supporting the worst terrorist regime called Israel and c) increasing support for the economical developing in that area.

Also I would ask them stop to send their own troops to the other countries (not even by the name of "peace and democracy" as this usually cause only more wars, conflicts and refugees). Also I would ask them stop exploiting the natural resources in conflict countries (Yep, those countries so many times behave like the colonial goverments).

And at the end, I would ask them to give their homes for accommodation of refugees like their Finnish colleague Sipila did. :D

JohnnyEnglish
09-14-2015, 07:19 PM
The PM has the British army in full readiness to invade Syria and clear out Assad and ISIS. Should he invade? And after he has rid Syria of those two evil regimes who should he support in running the country?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-15-2015, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish
The PM has the British army in full readiness to invade Syria and clear out Assad and ISIS. Should he invade? And after he has rid Syria of those two evil regimes who should he support in running the country?
Have you learnt anything about the recent history what happens when the foreign troops go to the other country to "clean" the evil regimes out? Like Iraq or Libya? From there right now part of the refugees come because the foreign troops left them to the chaos. As I wrote in my post:

Also I would ask them stop to send their own troops to the other countries (not even by the name of "peace and democracy" as this usually cause only more wars, conflicts and refugees).
Plus is the UK PM ready for the diplomatic or also possible military conflict with Russia who supports Assad? Propably there would become a battle with British and Russian forces inside of the Syria. This would stop refugees coming to your front yard?

JohnnyEnglish
09-15-2015, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Have you learnt anything about the recent history what happens when the foreign troops go to the other country to "clean" the evil regimes out? Like Iraq or Libya? From there right now part of the refugees come because the foreign troops left them to the chaos.
I agree with you, in fact I believe the vast majority of the UK population agree with you. I don't understand why Europe or America feels it has an obligation to protect citizens of and bring order to countries it has no commonality with. I also don't understand why neighbouring countries feel that they don't have an obligation. Turkey, for example, has a huge army and common border, why do they not feel an obligation to help those displaced citizens by restoring order in Syria?

sister herb
09-15-2015, 06:27 PM
This region doesn´t need any more weapons and foreign troops from any other country - this could cause just to bigger chaos.

Other countries could assuage the political situation in the region tensions, for example, by putting pressure on Israel to respect human rights and stop arms exports and financial support to it. Israel is, however, a major cause of instability in the region. Without it we would know the Middle East as the region of the peace.

JohnnyEnglish
09-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Israel is, however, a major cause of instability in the region. Without it we would know the Middle East as the region of the peace.
I am coming to the view that Muslims (or at least the Muslims on this forum) are in denial. You just can't bring yourself to face the fact that the problem isn't Israel or America or Europe or Infidels, the problem is the ambiguity that is Islam. Even if there was no state of Israel, no Jews in the world, no other religion in the world other than Islam, there will always be a Muslim somewhere killing someone because they believe that their version of Islam decrees that they should kill anyone who is not following their version of Islam.

Turkey could bring order to Syria tomorrow and bring an end to the desperate plight of all those people fleeing the country. Why don't they do that? Because it would mean their type of Muslim fighting against the same type of Muslim and they won't do that. Iran could bring order to Syria tomorrow and bring an end to the desperate plight of all those people fleeing the country. Why don't they do that? Because it would mean their type of Muslim fighting against the same type of Muslim and they won't do that. All the killing in all the Muslim countries is all done by Muslims in the name of Islam. And all the Muslims in all the world want to blame it on America or Israel or anyone else but another Muslim. To solve any problem you first need to know where the problem lies!

sister herb
09-16-2015, 10:27 AM
And here is no ambiguity that your the whole attitude about Islam is negative. You see that Islam and only Islam is the only reason for every problems; to the world´s security or political problems as well your own personal problems when you see immigrants in your home city´s streets. You came here with your own biases, your attitude towards other cultures is arrogant and you do not seem to have any intention to change your misconceptions, not even when you get the opportunity to discuss with Muslims and get more information about Islam.

No, we are not going to say that all problems in the world wouldn be because of our religion. We are not that blind. :D

ardianto
09-16-2015, 01:21 PM
And all the Muslims in all the world want to blame it on America or Israel or anyone else but another Muslim. To solve any problem you first need to know where the problem lies!
Many Muslims realize that the problem caused by radical interpretation of Islam, and they do not blame USA or Jews. That's why many Muslim countries now intensively do de-radicalization program. If you could see Muslim world with objective view, then you would know it. But unfortunately seem like you prefer to build your own subjective opinion.

M.I.A.
09-16-2015, 01:41 PM
I agree with you, in fact I believe the vast majority of the UK population agree with you. I don't understand why Europe or America feels it has an obligation to protect citizens of and bring order to countries it has no commonality with. I also don't understand why neighbouring countries feel that they don't have an obligation. Turkey, for example, has a huge army and common border, why do they not feel an obligation to help those displaced citizens by restoring order in Syria?
its a valid point and one that has been brought up by muslim members also. although i think turkey are involved to some extent.

it seems as though russian involvement will complicate matters further.

Abz2000
09-16-2015, 06:07 PM
the pm needs to apologize to the syrian people for using them as propaganda material in a sinful, criminal, hateful, evil attempt to invade the country under the disguise of humanitarianism, it is well known to the people of the planet that the british and u.s.a governments were looking for excuses to invade syria from before 2011, neither the government of syria, nor the people of syria were supportive of the illegal and immoral invasions of afghanistan and iraq and were not submitting to the criminal u.s.a government's attempt so build an empire upon lies, deceit, false flag attacks and false "terror" wars.
the issues of golan heights and assad's open condemnation of tony blair were mentioned back in 2001 and threats were being made to invade syria even then.
That the accursed u.s.a and u.k governments have been actively arming and inciting "terrorists" by their own definition (a definition which has been re-defined multiple times over the past fifteen years - sometimes to stifle lawful dissent and sometimes to arm miscreants and people with justified anger against a government which has been manipulated to work against their best interests), is not a fact that is very well hidden and it is insulting to conjure a ridiculous debate about the morally superior position of the u.k government.

david cameron should repent, submit to God, establish Quran and sunnah, tell the banks to give up their demand for usury or take notice of war, if the banks give up on the demand for usury, then the government needs to store essential food items and draw up a plan to pay off debts ideally within seven years.
another world war coupled with the prevalence of infidel mercenary armies available to the highest bidder would otherwise bankrupt the people and give the international banking industry the opportunity to capitalize and privatise the entities currently known as nation states.

either way, there will be a one world government soon, the choice left for people to make is whether they'll bother to research, ponder deeply and submit to God and establish His universal laws, or accept the yokes of servitude to the corrupt banking system.

JohnnyEnglish
09-16-2015, 10:00 PM
your the whole attitude about Islam is negative. . . . . your attitude towards other cultures is arrogant and you do not seem to have any intention to change your misconceptions, not even when you get the opportunity to discuss with Muslims and get more information about Islam.
My views on Islam are negative. I watch the news and every day for the past xx years I see nothing but intolerance and violence.

This is a forum, forums are all about discussion and debate. I would very much like to have a discussion on why you believe Islam is a religion of peace but you and I both know that would not be allowed. You would do well to ask yourself the question - why would that not be allowed?

Tell me something about Islam that would change my 'negative' view?

Scimitar
09-16-2015, 10:41 PM
I would very much like you to finish responding to me on that thread you created here: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...efugees-3.html

We all want "things" we can't necessarily have Johnny... such as you wanting Muslim women to dress as frivolous freaks, right?

As a bigot, you should see the hypocrisy in your own heart before you wax lyrical about your own rather warped and bigoted opinion.

Scimi

sister herb
09-17-2015, 07:19 AM
My views on Islam are negative.

That´s sorry to hear. May Allah one day opens your heart to see the beauty of the life. Seeing things negative hurts you and makes your life miserable.

Allah (the God) loves you. It´s not negative at all. Islam teach to you to find the best from you and avoid the bad habits. It´s not negative at all. You can find this message of caring from the Quran. It´s not negative at all. But don´t read it with the black blinkers like so many do.

Now back to topic, eh?

As brother Abz2000 wrote, I would too advice the PM of UK to "repent, submit to God, establish Quran and sunnah". Do you know that nothing happens in this world without the God´s will? So if you feel unsecure because of those refugees whose come to your "back yard" wearing oddly, speaking oddly and behaving oddly (well, of your mind), that´s because the God wants so. Maybe by them He wants to teach to you something. Even that you came to this forum is the will of the God. Maybe He wants to teach to you something.

;D

Hopely you will learn something too. May Allah helps you to learn the lesson of the life.

Abz2000
09-17-2015, 09:10 AM
omg! even charles sees the hypocrisy!

M.I.A.
09-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I can't take anybody seriously on this board.

Ahmed2014
09-29-2015, 02:02 PM
My views on Islam are negative. I watch the news and every day for the past xx years I see nothing but intolerance and violence.

This is a forum, forums are all about discussion and debate. I would very much like to have a discussion on why you believe Islam is a religion of peace but you and I both know that would not be allowed. You would do well to ask yourself the question - why would that not be allowed?

Well that's the problem, you have a preconcieved notion of islam and muslims from a garbage tube that is political propaganda meant to convince you that Islam is evil. Ever think about the fact that DESPITE all the 247 non-sense on television targeting Muslims and Islam, more and more people are EMBRACING Islam?

911 made me want to know more about Islam and I've been muslim since december 2003.

I even lived as a non-muslim amongst muslims in africa and they were less racist, less xenophobic than our 'western' people. They were more hospitable, more respectful, more of everything that the west lacks. Regardless, they are only upset over there about America, Britain, etc... because they keep bombing and invading their countries. Nothing more, they have legitimate reasons to be upset and not trusting because it's reoccuring. Meanwhile the west praises itself that they are 'helping' the world which is complete bullocks.

You are running on haterade so if you want to legitimately learn about islam you need to calm your horses and ask the right questions not what's already been put in your mind by television and hate filled crap from the government.

Ahmed2014
09-29-2015, 02:05 PM
I am coming to the view that Muslims (or at least the Muslims on this forum) are in denial. You just can't bring yourself to face the fact that the problem isn't Israel or America or Europe or Infidels, the problem is the ambiguity that is Islam. Even if there was no state of Israel, no Jews in the world, no other religion in the world other than Islam, there will always be a Muslim somewhere killing someone because they believe that their version of Islam decrees that they should kill anyone who is not following their version of Islam.

Turkey could bring order to Syria tomorrow and bring an end to the desperate plight of all those people fleeing the country. Why don't they do that? Because it would mean their type of Muslim fighting against the same type of Muslim and they won't do that. Iran could bring order to Syria tomorrow and bring an end to the desperate plight of all those people fleeing the country. Why don't they do that? Because it would mean their type of Muslim fighting against the same type of Muslim and they won't do that. All the killing in all the Muslim countries is all done by Muslims in the name of Islam. And all the Muslims in all the world want to blame it on America or Israel or anyone else but another Muslim. To solve any problem you first need to know where the problem lies!
You're the one that's been conditioned to be in denial bud. You said it yourself your views are defined by what you see on television.

Like I said earlier I lived amongst muslims in africa before being muslim, i totally understood their perspective about america, because america comes to their countries 10,000km away and bombs them and then they are guilty in their own homes.

Unlike western crap tv, their local tv programming wasn't blasting 247 AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA, it was actually talking about their own issues locally. Meanwhile UK/US, etc... are 247 talking about 'others' and putting ideas in your head to justify invasions and occupations for the last several decades.

Non-muslim statistics prove that 4 million Muslims have been killed since the 1990s due to direct foreign policies of the United States and Britain. That's holocaust numbers. But America continues to get away with it.

JohnnyEnglish
09-29-2015, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed2014
Non-muslim statistics prove that 4 million Muslims have been killed since the 1990s due to direct foreign policies of the United States and Britain. That's holocaust numbers. But America continues to get away with it.
That'll be why those million 'refugee' Muslims have risked and in some cases lost their lives walking away from Muslim countries to live amongst non-Muslims. Hang on that doesn't make sense . . why would they walk to the countries of their oppressors and ask for their oppressors to protect them from their fellow peace loving brother Muslims - ah they'd be the Muslims who haven't got a copy of your Quran.

Ahmed2014
09-29-2015, 11:43 PM
That'll be why those million 'refugee' Muslims have risked and in some cases lost their lives walking away from Muslim countries to live amongst non-Muslims. Hang on that doesn't make sense . . why would they walk to the countries of their oppressors and ask for their oppressors to protect them from their fellow peace loving brother Muslims - ah they'd be the Muslims who haven't got a copy of your Quran.
The same reason former french colonies the people moved to France. The same reason former british colonies the people move to UK.

You destroy someone's nation then whine about them coming to you?

Italians always complained about Libyans coming to Italy yet Italians came (uninvited) to colonized and occupy Italy.

Ahmed2014
09-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Since my post count is too low to publish links/videos, go on youtube and watch the video Kurbaan - Classroom Debate Scene - Vivek Oberoi | Saif Ali Khan

If someone could post it for me.

sister herb
09-30-2015, 09:23 AM
If I were Prime Minister (in UK), I at the first would say shahada, then I would go meet the queen and I would recommend her a turning to Islam. ;D

What would to be better than this?

greenhill
09-30-2015, 12:11 PM
If I were the Prime Minister, it would have to be in my own country (Malaysia), I'd definitely be crying... imsad

strivingobserver98
09-30-2015, 05:04 PM
If I were Prime Minister (in UK), I at the first would say shahada, then I would go meet the queen and I would recommend her a turning to Islam. ;D

What would to be better than this?
Possibly another Qur'an session too :D. With tafsir and translation in english this time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!