/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Share business tips, idea, story, thought, .... here.

ardianto
09-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Assalamualaikum.

At first I will say thank you very much to admins who have created new section about business and Islamic finance. This section, In Shaa Allah, can give benefit for us.

So I create a thread where we can share knowledge and learn about business. If you have tips, idea, story, or thought that related to business, you can share it in this thread. In Shaa Allah it will give benefit for the others.

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Choosing a business

Someone told me that he wanted to start a business, but he still confused with the choice. So he asked me "What business should I choose?". And I told him "If you can't answer that question, ..... change the question".

The question that usually arise in the mind of people who want to have a business is "What business should I choose". This question comes after they notice that there are many field of business that they can choose. Actually this question is not only confuses them, but also can trap them into blindly follow other people just because other people can gain big profit. The worst part is they will focus only to see the profit but forget to see the process. They just see that Mr Fulan can gain big profit from his business, but forget to notice how Mr Fulan built his business.

Yes, many of beginners in business are failed because this mistake. They blindly follow someone else, then establish a business with big expectation of gaining profit. But when they start their business they begin to realize that there are many things about this business that they haven’t know, and begin to confused about what they should do.

So, the right question is "How can I make it become a business".

Look around, see something, and ask that question to yourself. In example, when your mother cooks a food for you, ask yourself, how can you make this food become a business. Then this question will automatically make you start thinking about the important thing like how to cook it, where you can sell, how many capital that you need, how about the market, how to make people interested to buy, etc.

Asking the question “How can I make it into business” will make you easier to choose a field of business that matched with your condition, situation, ability and affordability. And you will have image about what you should do in this business and not blind like if you choose a business just because blindly follow someone else.

strivingobserver98
09-18-2015, 06:18 PM
The Pious Man and the Shopkeeper

There lived a pious man all by himself, who spent most of his time in praying, fasting and praising Allah. Almost all his waking hours were utilised in meditation and devotions. He was very happy with his spiritual progress. No wicked thoughts came to his mind and no evil temptations entered his heart.

One night, he dreamt a rather disturbing dream. He saw that a shopkeeper in the town was far superior to him in spirituality and that he must go to him to learn the basics of true spiritual life.

In the morning, the pious man went in search of the shopkeeper. He found him busy with his customers, selling goods and collecting money with a cheerful face. He sat there in a corner of the shop and watched the shopkeeper carefully. No signs of any spiritual life at all, he said to himself. His dream could not be true. But then he saw the shopkeeper disappear to pray his Salah. When he returned, he was busy dealing with money matters again.

The shopkeeper noticed the pious man sitting in the corner and asked: "As Salamu Alaikum, would you like something, brother?"

"Wa Alaikum As Salam. Oh! No! No!" said the pious man. "I don't want to buy anything, but I want to ask you a question." He then related his dream.

"Well, that is very simple to explain," said the shopkeeper, "but you will have to do something for me before I answer your question."

"I will do anything for you," replied the pious man.

"All right! Take this saucer; there is some mercury in it. Go to the other end of the street and come back fast within half an hour. If the mercury falls out of the saucer, you will hear nothing from me. There you go now."

The pious man took the saucer and started running. The mercury nearly wobbled out of the saucer. He saved it just in time, and slowed down. Then he remembered he had to return within half an hour, so he started walking at a fast pace. At long last he returned puffing and panting. "Here is your mercury, safe and sound," he told the shopkeeper. "Now tell me the true interpretation of my dream."

The shopkeeper looked at the pious man's weary condition and asked him: "Well, friend, how many times did you remember Allah while you were going from this end of the street to the other?"

"Remember Allah!" exclaimed the pious man. "I did not remember Him at all. I was so worried about the mercury in the saucer."

"But I do remember Him all the time," said the shopkeeper. "When I am doing my business, I am also carrying mercury in a saucer. I am fair, honest and kind to my customers. I never forget Allah Ta'ala in my dealings with other men."

"Men whom neither trade nor sale (business) diverts from the remembrance of Allaah (with heart and tongue) nor from performing As‑Salaah (Iqaamat‑as‑Salaah) nor from giving the Zakaah. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (out of the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection). That Allaah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace. And Allaah provides without measure to whom He wills" [Al Quran, Surah an-Noor 24:37-38]

strivingobserver98
09-21-2015, 01:22 AM
Whoa the food industry is huge :O. Didn't know it would be this big.

Check out this infographic on the global islamic economy:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-27-2015, 05:09 PM
I found this in other thread, but i think it's better if I post it here.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
The Character of a Muslim Trader

• A trader should be polite and kind when undertaking any transaction.
• A trader should not lose his temper if a buyer does not wish to purchase an item.
• The buyer should be informed of goods wherein there are defects, flaws, or inaccuracies.
• Trade and business should not hamper the performance of Salaah, of the employee and employer.
One thing that make your business will still exist is continuity which buyers still come and buy from you. This is why as trader you should be polite and kind when undertaking any transaction. Because politeness and kindness will make the buyer impressed and then, .... not only come again, but will also recommend your business to people around them.

And yes, when a buyer comes, he/she not always buy. But try to understand without urge the buyer to tell the reason. It will make the buyer feel forced to buy. Do not lose temper, always polite and always be kind. It will make the buyer remember you with positive view. And very possible, next time the buyer will come again.

Informing the flaw about your goods can make the buyer hesitate to buy. But this is still better than if the buyer feel cheated because you were not honest about the flaw of your goods. Also if the buyer still buy after you inform honestly, and then the buyer feel disappointed with that goods, the buyer would not blame you. Do not afraid the buyer will not buy if you are honest.

If you always remember Allah, then Allah will always remember you. If you always perform salah, In Shaa Allah, you will get easiness in your business.

Muhaba
09-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Business is one of my favourite topics.

I really liked the tips given by Millionaire Muslima about how to choose your business idea. She said to think about the things that people come to you for advice / help with. This shows what you're good at. Use this as the idea for your business. This can be a service (giving personal advice, teaching people to cook) or a product (sellng baked goods, selling custom made clothes).

Whatever your business idea, you need a lot of resilience, patience, and willpower to run your business or it will drive you insane. Many people quit after a while due to lack of sales or financing. If you see that your business idea doesn't have the potential to succeed, don't be afraid to quit. Many first businesses turn out to be failures because the person is learning the ropes on how to start and run a business.

One important aspect of business is evolution. It's important to be flexible and adapt / evolve your business model with the environment / changing times. If your business can't adapt, close (or sell) and start something else.

Selling a running business is a good idea if you can't make the business as profitable but the business has potential. If a business is breaking even, don't just close it if you can't run it yourself. Sell it even for a small price or the cost of capital (equipment etc).

strivingobserver98
10-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Each one is driven by the power of the internet and online payments. Very interesting!

11222403 486893541518806 8305339274983085492 n?oh4592fea184d20acaf7d244986e9bc186&ampoe568B5035 -

strivingobserver98
10-05-2015, 12:42 AM

strivingobserver98
10-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Interesting read:

How Ibn Khaldun Explains Walmart's Share Slide

strivingobserver98
10-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Very generous! [emoji106]

strivingobserver98
10-18-2015, 06:32 PM
"When we speak of Islamic Finance or Islamic Economic principles, it is generally assumed that these principles are emphasised by Muslim scholars only to satisfy the religious requirements of Muslims, or that they are meant only for Muslims to the exclusion of others. This is an incorrect assumption. Although Islam is represented by a set of beliefs without which it cannot yield it's spiritual fruits in full, the worldly benefits of its social, political and economic principles are not restricted to Muslims; they are meant for the common good of humanity at large."

[The Causes and Remedies of the Recent Financial Crisis from an Islamic Perspective - Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani]

strivingobserver98
10-20-2015, 12:29 PM
12088254 10208260755383121 1368379895226173642 n?oh82fa0b23bcc9d4b9c34602baef08b1f9&ampoe568712B4 -

“And whoever places his trust in Allah, He is sufficient for him.” (Surah At-Talaq: 3)”

strivingobserver98
10-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Lol I am definitely number 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 12 and 13 :p.

strivingobserver98
11-01-2015, 05:09 AM
An Ottoman era inscription (1314 AH/1896 CE) above a gate to the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. The Arabic translates to "The earner [of Halal wealth] is loved by Allah".

12049697 872544999519881 3759051169543812080 n?oh3a09a313b29f54706dc796a14aef4814&ampoe56B331F8 -

strivingobserver98
11-01-2015, 05:15 AM
I remember studying this hadith a few years ago though I never fully appreciated it:

“The honest, trustworthy merchant will be with the Prophets, the Siddiqeen (truthful ones) and the martyrs.” Jami' Tirmidhi

Years later, as I have delved into some business projects and opportunities to make money I have seen how easy it is to make money through unethical or questionable means (which may not be clear-cut haram).

Those who are into business full time probably know all the tricks of the trade and know how to employ certain tactics which may not be tantamount to lying but may be bending the truth or playing on another's emotions outside the norms of marketing.

So, if a person is able to be completely honest and transparent, he has been given glad tidings by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) himself. A few pounds in this life is not worth risking such an honour. - Rafiq ibn Jubair

Abz2000
11-01-2015, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
An Ottoman era inscription (1314 AH/1896 CE) above a gate to the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. The Arabic translates to "The earner [of Halal wealth] is loved by Allah".

doesn't jeeb mean answer or answers or answerable?

strivingobserver98
11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Ouch! Be grateful to Allah for the blessings, alhamdulilah.

12049546 493341410874019 9043801650582492031 n?ohb93ac0a62cd24d94dd133330f5abe281&ampoe56D0FECF -

strivingobserver98
11-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Don't miss out on opportunities!

12196103 497397780468382 6481797407955907034 n?oh5888d516b3857765d0337196e51ff3b2&ampoe56EE3768&  gda  1455192684 8bcbf0c7686b757ee5267bd08f36d862 -

strivingobserver98
11-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Push harder, try harder! The fruits of your hard work might just be waiting there if you stayed out a bit longer. Don't give up!

12116016 490970101111150 7920315905175456325 n?ohc43e1bcd361cbc23c5572dee5456a202&ampoe56F68B04 -

TMGuide
11-13-2015, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Don't miss out on opportunities!

Qadarallaah, It wasn't meant to be for the other 3 to be billionaires! :heated:

ardianto
11-18-2015, 04:31 PM
I am looking for old published book that no longer available in bookstores. So I tried to search it in the web, and found two online book seller that offer the book that I want. The first is independent seller, the second is seller that join in online marketplace.

I ordered that book to the first seller, but a moment later I got an answer that the book has been sold out. Then I went to the second seller and ordered the book through the online marketplace. They accepted my my order. So I paid the payment. But a hour later I got an email that inform that the book has been sold out.

Disappointed? Yes. I didn't know that the book has been sold out because they did not inform it in their website.

Yeah, there is one bad habit that often done by some online sellers, lazy to update their websites when a change happen. They still display their stuff when it has been sold out without inform it to the site visitor. Or in another case, still display old price although the price has been changed.

In Islamic point of view this is, wrong of course. Because as Muslims we must honest in inform our stuff to the potential buyers. Do not make they feel cheated.

So my advice to online sellers, do not lazy to update your website when the change happen.

Mr.President
11-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Im looking into backup solutions similer to dropbox but affordable and with encryption

strivingobserver98
11-18-2015, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
Im looking into backup solutions similer to dropbox but affordable and with encryption
To make one yourself or use one? Try Boxcryptor :).

Mr.President
11-19-2015, 03:06 AM
To make one my self ive already purchased the necessary servers ia gonna start marketting in Qatar then ecoand to dubai

strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Advice to future children:

strivingobserver98
11-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Always think best of yourself :ia:, get rid of negative thoughts.

Search
11-21-2015, 01:53 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Proven Amal for Getting Rich (Source.)
Ubqari Magazine - August, 2011 by: Mohammad Sharif, Canada

“Brother, I have purchased a shop for thirty two million rupees (PKR)”. These were the opening words of Shargil on his phone call on the morning of the 26th of January. He was so excited that he even forgot to greet me on the phone and ask how I was doing. He asked me where am I? And I told him that I would reach Lahore (a major metropolitan city of Pakistan) through Multan after two days.

He said; whenever you reach Lahore give me a call. And I agreed to it. Truly I felt peace of mind after listening to his success. Early morning, as I am mentally fresh, it is my habit to ponder and think over the events. And thus in few moments my mind started flashing the past events.

Ten years back, when Shargil completed his post graduation (Masters). A job or a business was the necessity of the time. He was the friend of my younger brother however a time came when he became a better friend of mine. One day he said to me, “Brother, tell me of a solid and practical Amal so that I am able to establish myself”. I paused and after thinking for a while asked him to accompany me to Islamabad (Federal Capital of Pakistan) after three days.

And thus after three days we were sitting with an old age pious individual named Qazi Sahib in Rawalpindi. Qazi sahib is a Unani Doctor (Hakeem) and a spiritual mentor as well. He listened to his issue calmly and when there was silence he spoke: - “Shargil sahib, you seem to be a committed young fellow, you shall practice two things. One start some small business and secondly, whatever business you shall do, make Allah Subhan O Wa Tallah as your partner in it.” Shargil and I looked in each other’s eyes with amazement.

Qazi sahib continued and said that, “This Amal is for committed men only and only such men can practice it. If you would keep only five percent from your profit in your business for Allah Subhan O Wa Tallah and spend it on His creatures. And never embezzle in this money then your business would definitely succeed.”

On our way back, it seemed that Shargil won’t act on this Amal. But he surprisingly, practiced it. I remember that it was the year of 1997 and he just had one thousand rupees (PKR) with him. He didn’t ask anyone for funds. Just bought five kids clothes from Anarkali bazaar (in Lahore) and placed them on a sharing stall in a market. In two days he turned three hundred rupees in profit. Out of those three hundred he gave fifteen rupees as charity for Allah Subhan O Wa Tallah as five percent share of his net profit. Then he bought more kids clothes and sold them. And similarly he used to give five percent of his net profit for Allah Subhan O Wa Tallah as charity. After six months this five percent share for Allah Subhan O Wa Tallah became seventy five rupees daily. That meant that he started earning seven hundred rupees a day. And after one year it became one hundred and fifty rupees and after three years he bought his own stall and the charity contribution became three hundred rupees a day. Thus after three years he started saving six thousand rupees daily.

He later left the stall and took a shop on rent. When he called me in the morning my first question to him was what is his charitable contribution today as the five percent share for Allah Subhan O WA Tallah’s creatures? He replied, “It’s one thousand rupees a day for Allah Subhan O WA Tallah now.” Thus after paying for all expenses his net profit is twenty thousand rupees a day. And he further said: “That since that day I have never cheated on Allah Subhan O WA Tallah in our business partnership.”

Qazi sahib told us that the business in which we make Allah Subhan O WA Tallah as our business partner i.e. we keep a share for Allah Subhan O WA Tallah’s creatures in it, that business always flourishes. Unless the person becomes proud of his (Charity) Amal, and remains humble. As Qazi sahib was true to say that a time comes when the person starts thinking (and becomes proud) that so much of his money is being distributed to Allah Subhan O WA Tallah’s creatures.

And he quoted that this Amal for getting rich had been given to him by his elders and it has never turned futile.

:wa:

strivingobserver98
11-24-2015, 05:51 PM
What do you do for the world? ‪Be the Change :).

Physicist
11-24-2015, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
To make one my self ive already purchased the necessary servers ia gonna start marketting in Qatar then ecoand to dubai
If you'll be about developing your own software and hiring programmers, i may apply for

Mr.President
11-26-2015, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
If you'll be about developing your own software and hiring programmers, i may apply for
Sorry bro We are not into software we are selling a product similer to dropbox,

strivingobserver98
11-26-2015, 09:17 AM
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“Richness is not an abundance of worldly goods, rather richness is contentment with one’s lot.”

Source

strivingobserver98
11-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Story of a Poor Man *Inspirational*

A poor man came in this Somalian restaurant I was eating at with my best friend and gave everyone the announcement that the Thuhr prayer will start soon.

I was told by my best-friend, that everyday before a prayer would begin, this poor man would go from one shop to another and remind people that Salaah is about to start. I was amazed by the level of emaan.

The poor man came back for a second round and made the second announcement again. "Ya Mulimoon, Hayya Laswalaa Hayya lal Falaa (come to prayer, come to success).

One customer made a sarcastic remark and said to the poor man "Brother we will come but come and eat you look hungry as if you haven't eaten for days.This customer had companions with him and they all giggled indirectly.

The poor man noticed and smiled at them and said " I have no money, whatever I get I live on it, I have no wife, no children, no house, no business but I swear by Allah I don't have none of this except my Emaan. And it is this Emaan that makes me feel like I have been rich all of my whole life."

The suspense in the room was unreal. The poor man asked for there forgiveness and left for Salaah.

".......I don't have none of this except my Emaan. And it is this Emaan that makes me feel like I have been rich my whole life."

I feel ashamed of myself. Can you imagine the level of His Emaan, Taqwa & Tawakul in Allah.

Not many people left in this world like him.

strivingobserver98
11-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Take one step at a time.

You can do it ;).

strivingobserver98
12-05-2015, 04:34 PM
How to stay positive :).

ardianto
12-10-2015, 04:04 PM
In the early year when I started my courier agent business a man came to my office, carried a small stuff in the size of matchbox. He told me "I went to another courier agent to send it, but they refused with reason this stuff is too small. They worry it will lost in shipping. But how about in this courier agent?. Can you send small stuff like this?". I said "wait". Then I took a milk box, put that stuff into the box, sealed it, and .... "Still too small?" I asked him. He laugh and told me to send that box with his stuff inside.

Yeah, I understand if there are courier service companies that worry to send a stuff that too small. But I wonder, why don't they think simple?. If the stuff is to small, make it bigger!. Don't have box?. Sometime I made paper bag from old newspaper when I run out box. With little creativity, this is not a big problem.

Basically, if you have service business, then the customers who come to you are those who need solution for their problem. So, give them solution. Then they will appreciate you and will come again.

strivingobserver98
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Inspiration 2 - Ep4 (I Hate My Job) | ملهم العالم - أنا أكره وظيفتي

Useful lessons to learn :ia:.

strivingobserver98
12-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Dirty hands are a sign of clean money.

We live in a era where black money is widespread and even at times encouraged by friends and family.

Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet (Saw) said: A time will come upon the people when one will not care how one gains one's money, legally or illegally. (Bukhari)

It is reported by Jabir that the Prophet said: The flesh and body that is raised on unlawful sustenance shall not enter Paradise. Hell is more deserving to the flesh that grows on one's body out of unlawful sustenance. (Ahmad).

We ask Allah to protect us from all this and to grant us halal rizq. Ameen

BeTheChange
12-16-2015, 07:29 PM
The greatest teacher is yourself.

If you don't know something teach yourself. In sha Allah.

Asiyah3
12-16-2015, 09:15 PM
I also have an interest in starting a business in the future. Being business owners are great alternatives for Muslim women as you can just hire workers and don't need to "work" there yourself (if affordable). It won't influence your family life as much as when working for another person, plus you can decide your own working hours.

Don't know yet what business. But I tend to look at a service/product locals are missing and need it, then consider making a business of that (once I earn enough). I've considered buying flats and renting them, a swimming pool, new ice cream taste, oriental bakeries... anyone sees any success in these?...

My weakness is that I tend to look at things idealistically instead of realistically.

ardianto
12-17-2015, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Don't know yet what business. But I tend to look at a service/product locals are missing and need it, then consider making a business of that (once I earn enough). I've considered buying flats and renting them, a swimming pool, new ice cream taste, oriental bakeries... anyone sees any success in these?...
Assalamualaikum, sister.

When you see other people success you should not think "If they can do it, so I can do it too". But you must think "If they can do it, how they do it?". The common cause of failure is doing something without proper method. The principle "If they can do it, so I can do it too" have trapped many people to feel convinced to do something without they think they need to learn the proper method.

So, sister, learn the proper method before you start a business. And remember, the method of one field of business is different than other field of business.

My weakness is that I tend to look at things idealistically instead of realistically.
If we just think realistically without idealistic attitude, then there will not be new innovation. We must think idealistically, but also must consider the realistic side. If you have a new idea of food and want to sell it, then you must make this food in taste that can be liked by people, and in affordable price.

ardianto
12-25-2015, 10:55 AM
What's difference between buyer and seller?. Not every buyer is seller, but every seller must be a buyer too.

Notice. The clothes seller buy food from food seller, use postal service to send something. The book store owner buy furniture from furniture seller, repair his motorcycle in repair station. Yes, every seller is the buyer of other sellers.

How about you?. Are you seller?. No matter what you sell, you must be have experience when you buy something. Then what made you satisfied or not satisfied when buying something?. What you expect from the seller?. ...... Ask these question to yourself. Then you will get clue about how to become good seller that can satisfy the buyer.

strivingobserver98
01-03-2016, 05:51 PM
It is not smart when a tenant invests in his rented house because it is not his! Once the contract is over, he must vacate!

This life is "a house on lease". You have to leave it someday. However, your house in Paradise is yours for eternity, if you get one!

All what you need to do is to be patient in life, do what you're commanded and stay away from what you are prohibited from.

This sounds easy but it is not except for those whom Allah helps them! May Allah make you and I one of them!

- Assim Al Hakeem

popsthebuilder
01-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Humility and utter honesty go a long way when starting a business from the ground that relies on quality products and or services delivered for compensation by you.

This could intail producing receipts(not marking up materials), and owning up to mistakes made that are ultimately and always the fault of the service provider/producer, be it but through mis communication. Hence the saying; the customer is always right.

This general demeanor has the potential, with ultimate quality service/ product, to insure longevity and growth of business.

Not for getting rich quick, or taking advantage of others ignorance. But fool proof for any who are patient and persevering.

Peace, with humility.

strivingobserver98
01-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

"My best companion in Islam Taqui "Zacky" Khezihi was a 21 year old successful entrepreneur. He was the youngest lad in West London who had a successful accountancy business. Very handsome brother and very muscular. He had everything going for him.

He is no longer here with me, he was brutally stabbed during the month of Ramadan 24 August 2013.

My point is, no matter how successful or popular one may be, death is known to host its guest when you least expect it. I love him so much and I wish to reunite with him one day, In Sha Allah. He is the biggest lesson I've learnt."

- Hashim Nasser

strivingobserver98
01-14-2016, 06:05 PM
"Looking for some extra work on the side to help pay the bills for the new house or car? Interested in an exciting opportunity to make some extra cash?

Here’s an idea: downsize and spend more time with your family before you lose them!

People delude themselves into thinking that they’re doing it for their families, but all they’re doing is growing distant from them. Living in an apartment or buying a used car is not that bad when you have people in your life to share it with.

All we need is a little perspective."

- Abdul Nasir Jangda

strivingobserver98
01-20-2016, 02:44 AM

No rich is superior to poor, No poor is superior to rich..

As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, rich or poor, white or black while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice.

strivingobserver98
01-21-2016, 04:09 PM

Subhan Allaah, meet Billy Ray Harris, a homeless man who returned an engagement ring worth thousands after a woman accidentally dropped it into his change cup. The owner of the ring was Sarah Darling. Ms. Darling and her fiance set up a fundraising page to thank him. With the $180,000 raised from public donations, Mr. Harris has been able to buy a house and get a job now. Ma sha Allaah

Look at the rizq Allaah gives if we live truthfully. Too many people do fraud and cheating to get money in anyway they can. Do they not know Allaah is watching?

Ali Hammuda
01-23-2016, 02:00 PM
If only interest culminated in financial transactions ..
The prophet PBUH said:
الربا اثنانِ وسبعونَ بابًا أدناها مثلُ إتيانِ الرجُلِ أُمَّهُ ، وإِنَّ أربى الرِّبا استطالَةُ الرجلِ في عرضِ أخيهِ
"Usury is of seventy two categories. The least of its categories in sin is like when a person fornicates with his mother (!) As for the worst of its categories, it’s when one harms the honour of another Muslim” (Narrated by At-Tabarani)
Those distant from trade may perceive that they’ve been spared of the prospect of meeting Allah having dealt with usury, not realizing however that their purposeful defamation of a Muslim via jokes or otherwise, constitutes as the most abhorrent form of usury.

greenhill
01-23-2016, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Hammuda
The prophet PBUH said : ...... ..... .....
"Usury is of seventy two categories. The least of its categories in sin is like when a person fornicates with his mother (!) As for the worst of its categories, it’s when one harms the honour of another Muslim” (Narrated by At-Tabarani)
Those distant from trade may perceive that they’ve been spared of the prospect of meeting Allah having dealt with usury, not realizing however that their purposeful defamation of a Muslim via jokes or otherwise, constitutes as the most abhorrent form of usury.
I totally get it. These are equivalents. To make us understand the severity of the offence. constitute means it is the offence.

I'm not sure it is.

It's a very fine point, and I'm not sure if I'm clear in expressing..

:peace:

Khalid Saifullah
01-29-2016, 03:03 AM
Islamic economics:
Give, and Allah will give you more.

strivingobserver98
02-16-2016, 03:46 PM
A good reminder,

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The most beloved people to Allah are the most beneficial, and the most beloved action to Allah is the happiness you bring to a Muslim, or that you relieve him from hardship, or that you pay off his debt, or that you caste away hunger from him.

And indeed to walk with my Muslim brother helping him fulfill a need is more beloved to me than to devote myself in seclusion in the Masjid (worshipping Allah) for a month.

And whoever holds back his anger Allah will conceal his shortcomings. And whoever represses (his) fury, while having the ability to act upon it, Allah will fill his heart with satisfaction on the Day of Judgment.

And whoever walks with his Muslim brother helping him fulfill a needs until he completes it, Allah will keep his feet firm on the Day of Judgment. Indeed bad manners corrupt actions just like vinegar corrupts honey."

Source:
Saheeh Al-Jaam'ee (176)
Authenticated by Imam Albaani

popsthebuilder
02-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Muslim:
dictionary.reference.com › browse › mus...

Mobile-friendly -*C17: from Arabic, literally: one who surrenders. Word Origin and History for Muslim Expand. 1610s (n.), 1777 (adj.), from Arabic*muslim*"one who submits" (to the faith), from root of aslama "he resigned." Related to*Islam.

Catholic:

cath·o·lic

ˈkaTH(ə)lik/

adjective

(especially of a person's tastes) including a wide variety of things; all-embracing.

synonyms:universal,*diverse,diversified,*wide,broa d,*broad-based,eclectic,*liberal,latitudinarian;

comprehensive,*all-encompassing,*all-embracing,*all-inclusive

Things being inclusive and submissive never equate to disturbance or negativity, but would naturally help one another in unison.

strivingobserver98
03-26-2016, 09:33 PM
"Driving expensive, posh cars is not wrong, provided one can afford it and, more importantly, acquire it with ‘halal’ income. However, what is wrong – and sinful – is that one feels proud, arrogant and superior because of it. By all means, buy a nice car for your own comfort; but never show off or pose driving around, especially in ghettos and neighborhoods where you are likely to get more attention. At times, driving bigger cars – such as 4x4s and Range Rovers – may naturally make one feel superior due to the high seating position within them; hence, if you fear you will be proud and look down on others, avoid such cars! May Allah Most High bless us with humility, Ameen."

- Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

strivingobserver98
03-30-2016, 02:49 AM
As an entrepreneur it is better to not hire at all and do all the work yourself than to hire the wrong people. They will set you back months. ALWAYS work and associate with the best.

A story that comes to mind is Musa(AS)

In the city of Madian, he came across two women that were the daughters of a righteous elderly man. He could see the difficulty they were in when they stood at the well waiting to water their animals. Musa offered to help them. When the women returned home, one of them suggested the father should employ Musa. They were assured by his trustworthy nature and strength. Both qualities are an essential part of work.

In terms of work ethics, he was willing to work between eight to ten years just to marry the daughter of the elderly man he was staying with. That is great work ethic! There is no way someone lazy can be a prophet! It’s the hardest job there ever is.

From The Muslim Entrepreneur book, page 168

Khalid Saifullah
04-01-2016, 07:25 PM
People who grow up and their life was more challenging and tough, than supporting and comfortable, usually end up as entrepreneurs and survivors. They become tough, independent and think for themselves.
On the other hand, those people that have everybody to protect them, take care of them and support them; they usually end up working for other people.
Discover the benefits of your challenges; see how they help you grow and how they guide you to your most authentic, inspired and powerful self.

strivingobserver98
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM

strivingobserver98
05-13-2016, 03:09 PM
How to Increase your Rizq (Sustenance)
1. Taqwa
2. Reliance upon Allaah
3. Good relations with family
4. Thankfulness
5. Asking forgiveness

- Sajid Kasmani

Umm Abed
05-13-2016, 03:13 PM

Ive also read that making salaam upon entering the house, whether there's people in or not - also increases rizq.

Abu General
06-15-2016, 06:51 AM
Invest in stocks, commodities through a SIP. Don't put all your money in it. Put a minimal amount every month .

Abu General
06-15-2016, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed

Ive also read that making salaam upon entering the house, whether there's people in or not - also increases rizq.
I hope that applies to online salam too. Yeah ,it's possible because when you give S alams you are making dua for the person. Maybe the rizq part comes from the wabarakatuh in the salam

Abu General
06-15-2016, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan

Yeah. Used to be an avid reader of the Buffet day.

Now, I am more of a George Soros guy. He's an economic genius and obviously as you would expect Jewish too .

Abu General
06-15-2016, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu General
Yeah. Used to be an avid reader of the Buffet day.

Now, I am more of a George Soros guy. He's an economic genius and obviously as you would expect Jewish too .
Oh yeah the guys is also famously known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of pounds, making him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis.

Abu General
06-15-2016, 07:46 AM

eesa the kiwi
06-15-2016, 08:52 AM
search?qjackboglequotes&ampclientms android samsung&ampsourcelnms&ampbiw360&ampbih616&ampprmdnsiv&amptbmisch&ampsaX&ampved0ahUKEwiLv4yGw6nNAhUYK1IKHVd6BsUQ AUICCgD#imgrcn3 i5xyfmuz66M3A -

any el diplomatique business tips

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 11:08 AM
I hope that applies to online salam too. Yeah ,it's possible because when you give S alams you are making dua for the person. Maybe the rizq part comes from the wabarakatuh in the salam
Yes probably, Abu General;..it makes sense...and it is said that when you make salam in an empty house you'r doing so for the angels.

:salamext:

Abu General
06-15-2016, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
any el diplomatique business tips
Yes. Actually.

EL Diplomatique Business Tip 1 .

Business is people. People is business. People are Beoble.

Back to you Kiwi. What advice does Kiwi Business Assosiates have for the plebs.

Abu General
06-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Yes probably, Abu General;..it makes sense...and it is said that when you make salam in an empty house you'r doing so for the angels.

Testing online salams :salamext: . Report tommorow if you see any increase in wealth.

To,
Umm Abed Money Controllers

sinscerely,
~El Moolah Inc.
Abu General

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Im confident enough to say that Allah swt will increase the wealth and barakah ameen:)

The promise is real:D

Abu General
06-15-2016, 11:35 AM
I got more tips.

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 11:36 AM
I got more tips.
Give me.

Abu General
06-15-2016, 11:39 AM

Im confident enough to say that Allah swt will increase the wealth and barakah ameen:)

The promise is real:D
Inshallah. Don't forget to send me some too . Sadadaqah increase wealth too. Double bonus for you. :O :)

Abu General
06-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Give me.
I will . But you'll have to create an El Moolah Inc. Thread . The directors bieng you, me and the Kiwi. What'd you say ? We form the El Moolah Inc. Yay or Nay.

Umm Abed
06-15-2016, 11:54 AM
I will . But you'll have to create an El Moolah Inc. Thread . The directors bieng you, me and the Kiwi. What'd you say ? We form the El Moolah Inc. Yay or Nay.
This forum has groups you can make your own group here.

Yay or nay depends on who's chief:mmokay:

Abu General
06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
This forum has groups you can make your own group here.

Yay or nay depends on who's chief:mmokay:
El Diplom Tip 2:
No chiefs. This is a business venture remember. We are equal partners. :-|

We could all vote for a Chairman/woman later on but that comes later.

You could be the Interim Transitional Chairwoman while the group is bieng set up since I am a newbie here and don't know the ins and outs of the group system here.

Umm Abed
06-16-2016, 10:09 AM
I will just hand it all down to you if it gets too much.

Nvm Il just stick to kebabs and roti:Emoji46:.

Abu General
06-16-2016, 11:41 AM
^Lol. I had a 5 star Kebob thread in Ummah. We the Sultans of Kebobs.

Reminder
06-16-2016, 12:40 PM
BUY BITCOIN NOW!!!

Abu General
06-18-2016, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
BUY BITCOIN NOW!!!
Yes . We used to have lengthyvdiscussions on this in another forum. The excitement 's died down a bit. The problem with it is ,it's too technical in nature for the layman to accept as currency. KISS

talibilm
08-20-2016, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum.

At first I will say thank you very much to admins who have created new section about business and Islamic finance. This section, In Shaa Allah, can give benefit for us.

So I create a thread where we can share knowledge and learn about business. If you have tips, idea, story, or thought that related to business, you can share it in this thread. In Shaa Allah it will give benefit for the others.

:)
Avoid Share market if you have other sources to do business since nowadays its become more like gambling though you may be careful and invest in Sharia compliant companies. You must avoid 100 % investment for short term which itselves can become gambling and a clear Haram.

strivingobserver98
01-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Ever wondered how is it that some entrepreneurs achieve more, even though they know the same stuff and spend less time doing it?

Read more here: http://www.wealthinislam.com/the-5-s...-entrepreneur/

azc
11-07-2018, 08:27 AM
A business transaction should be concluded with mutual consent. No party should be forced to carry out the transaction.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَأْكُلُوا أَمْوَالَكُم بَيْنَكُم بِالْبَاطِلِ إِلَّا أَن تَكُونَ تِجَارَةً عَن تَرَاضٍ مِّنكُمْ (النساء : ٢٩)

O you who believe, do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly except through (lawful) transactions concluded with mutual consent among yourselves

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: لا يفترقن اثنان إلا عن تراض. (سنن أبي داود رقم 3458)

Hazrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The two people transacting should not separate (from any transaction) except a transaction concluded with mutual consent.”

The seller should be truthful to the purchaser and should not deceive him or lie to him regarding the quality of the product, the amount it costed him etc.

عن أبي سعيد رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال التاجر الصدوق الأمين مع النبيين والصديقين والشهداء (سنن الترمذي رقم 1209)

Hazrat Abu Sa’eed Khudri (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “The trader who is completely honest and trustworthy will be (resurrected) with the Ambiyaa (‘alaihimus salaam), the siddeeqeen and the martyrs (on the Day of Qiyaamah).”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!