/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Paying for second wife in Riyaadh

strivingobserver98
09-17-2015, 03:17 PM
The imaam of a musjid in Riyaadh announced that the musjid committee will pay all the second marriage expenses for a man whose first wife does not wake him up for Fajr.
The people of the locality said that the Fajr Salaah is now more full than even the Jumuah Salaah.

Dont know how true this is. But a very good idea. What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
it's odd given that you don't need to be Woken Up By Your Wife For Fajr in the haramain - the adhaan can be heard for miles around and is louder than alarm clocks.

Very weird,

Scimi

ardianto
09-17-2015, 04:17 PM
"Bro, the masjid imam say that if our wives do not wake us up for Fajr, then masjid committee will pay the expense for our second marriages".

"Good!. Lets we make dua. Hopefully our wives do not wake us up for Fajr".

Scimitar
09-17-2015, 04:47 PM
I think it is stupid... really really stupid and don't believe it one bit.

"there shall be no compulsion in religion, truth stand clear from error. And he who rejects deities and has believed in Allah has grasped the most trust worthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things" - 2:256

No compulsion in religious matters - you pray because you have to pray... but to have an excuse by way of second wife? Are you guys insane? :D

Which if you can truly say they can be equally fair to two or more wives? you're lying... no one can be fair, we are not "those men of old", we are the lesser generations and thus, this whole rumour is silly, stupid and downright a mockery of our Islam... anyone who sees a second wife in this is seriously losing the plot.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-17-2015, 06:49 PM
And what then if the second wife too doesn´t wake up his husband any earlier? Then masjid pays the third one or what? ^o)

Pygoscelis
09-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Unlike a lot of western secularists, I have no problem whatsoever with polyamory.

How common is the whole second wife thing amongst Muslims today? Is this something mostly from antinquity or does this happen frequently today? Are there issues with it like the Mormons have had?

Scimitar
09-17-2015, 07:20 PM
I know of one man who married three women... two within months of each other... they are now divorced. he is still with his first wife.

I don't believe this is reguloar practice amongst Muslims at all, in fact the Qur'an makes it a condition that you can only marry 2, 3 or 4 IF you can treat them all equally... my qualm is that if a man cannot even be just to himself (ie: not wake up for fajr) how can he be equitable to his wives?

Scimi

sister herb
09-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I still think that sharing free alarm clocks from the masjid would be better idea. At least fewer problems at home.

Scimitar
09-17-2015, 08:52 PM
and cheaper too. :D

ardianto
09-17-2015, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Unlike a lot of western secularists, I have no problem whatsoever with polyamory.

How common is the whole second wife thing amongst Muslims today? Is this something mostly from antinquity or does this happen frequently today? Are there issues with it like the Mormons have had?
Few men who I know personally have two wives. However, it's happened not because they are Muslims, but because they are men. I mean, when they married their first wives they did not think "I should have second wife because as Muslim I am allowed to have up to four wives". In the beginning they intend to have only one wife. But then they meet another woman, make an affair, and secretly marry. Their first wives finally know. But since their first wives did not ask divorce, then they have two wives. Of course not every first wife can accept if her husband take another woman.

ardianto
09-17-2015, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
And what then if the second wife too doesn´t wake up his husband any earlier? Then masjid pays the third one or what? ^o)
Actually the masjid imam just want to motivate the wives to wake their husbands for Fajr. I don't think there is a man who will come to masjid and ask money to get married again due to his wife does not wake him up for Fajr because people would laugh at him. "Hey, bro!, you don't have money, but you want to have another wife??".

Pygoscelis
09-18-2015, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Few men who I know personally have two wives. However, it's happened not because they are Muslims, but because they are men. I mean, when they married their first wives they did not think "I should have second wife because as Muslim I am allowed to have up to four wives". In the beginning they intend to have only one wife. But then they meet another woman, make an affair, and secretly marry. Their first wives finally know. But since their first wives did not ask divorce, then they have two wives. Of course not every first wife can accept if her husband take another woman.
Sure, that happens in the west with atheists too. It has very little to do with religious affiliation as you say in the case of Muslim men. Happens with women and multiple husbands over here though as well, tough I guess that is rare.

Insaanah
09-18-2015, 01:36 PM
:salam:

Dont know how true this is. But a very good idea. What do you think?
Most likely not true, but Allah knows best. And not a good idea either.

It is our own responsibility to get up for Fajr, and spouses need to encourage and help each other to get up. It is not the wife's responsibility more than the husband's. It is the responsibility of both (see hadeeth below), so theoretically they should also be offering the woman payment to make to obtain khula from her husband on the grounds that he does not wake her up. This is not a blame game, nor is the purpose of prayer to damage families.

In a beautiful hadeeth:

"It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'May Allah (SWT) have mercy on a man who gets up at night and prays, then he wakes his wife and she prays, and if she refuses he sprinkles water in her face. And may Allah (SWT) have mercy on a woman who gets up at night and prays, then she wakes her husband and prays, and if he refuses she sprinkles water in his face.'""

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1610
In-book reference : Book 20, Hadith 13
English translation : Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 1611
http://www.sunnah.com/nasai/20/13
Ibn Maajah
English reference : Vol. 1, Book 5, Hadith 1336
Arabic reference : Book 5, Hadith 1397
http://www.sunnah.com/urn/1286840
Both versions hasan.

May Allah give us all the tawfeeq to do good to ourselves and others, and to encourage and spread the doing of good, ameen.

Abz2000
09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
it's amusing that the wives must've heard about it and hastened to wake their husbands up for prayer - and the husbands must've also come to appreciate the love their wives have for them.
however, both husband and wife are required to wake each other up for prayer depending upon who awakes first but then the wife usually gets more chance to sleep during the day in saudi arabia anyway.
i believe the commitee was getting people to think about the importance of salah in a humourous way whilst giving husbands the opportunity to remarry if they were fed up with a stubborn wife who they couldn't rectify and was leading them down the path to hell.
they should also give the wives the convenience to divorce and remarry if their husbands stubbornly deter them from serving Allah.

Prophet Zakariyya pbuh and his wife would compete in doing deeds that please Allah.

ardianto
09-18-2015, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Sure, that happens in the west with atheists too. It has very little to do with religious affiliation as you say in the case of Muslim men. Happens with women and multiple husbands over here though as well, tough I guess that is rare.
There are men who desire to have more than one woman, there are men who feel satisfied with only one woman. And these feelings have nothing to do with religious affiliation because it can occur in the mind any man. If you notice, there are men from other religions who have affair with other women although their religious belief prohibit it, and also there are Muslim men who choose to have only one wife although Islam allow polygamy.

Permission for polygamy in Islam indeed, make Muslim men who desire to have more than one woman get easiness. But it does not make Muslim men who do not want to commit polygamy take another wife.

ardianto
09-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Although the reason behind it is good, to motivate the wives to wake their husbands up for Fajr, I don't think the method of threatening the wives like this is good.

If the imam want to motivate the wives, it's better if he give advice to those women without threat them like this.

رحمه
09-19-2015, 09:26 PM
I think it's a joke of the Imam fun

Because it is difficult in our Arab society requested a subsidy of another person to , marriage

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!