/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dad, are those people poor?

ardianto
09-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Today my car could not leave my home because my house gate was being 'blocked'. By what?

Okay. Today the govt institution office in front of my house was organizing qurban and meat distribution which the poor could take directly in that office. So, many poor came to that office. They rode many motorcycles and park on the street, even double parking. It made several houses were being blocked because they also parked their motorcycles in front of house gates. And situation was being crowded too because there were food vendors that came too. Not to get meat, but to sell food to the poor who were queuing to get qurbani meat.

Me and my son noticed them from our house. We notice, mostly of their motorcycles are the new model. We noticed too that there were women who wore gold. My son took few photos and then he ask me "Dad, are those people poor?". I shook my head and I said "I don't know".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-24-2015, 02:23 PM
That's why the masjid where I perform qurban does not distribute meat on place, but send the meat to the poor people homes.

BeTheChange
09-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Maybe you can consider this charity for next Qurbani in sha Allah?

Please visit; http://www.uwt.org/site/appeal.asp?id=1347

I will be picking my Qurbani soon and handing out the meat to my local community. In sha Allah.

May Allah swt accept our very small sacrifice and help us all achieve emaan of the highest level Ameen.

Abz2000
09-24-2015, 07:23 PM
it's true, sometimes best to say: "God knows best".

the reason i say this is because i had a similar experience at mina and near the place where they do Qurbani where i noticed some people collecting bags of meat in tiny amounts from people and wondering how it was impossible for them to consume, i thought "scammers", these people made me suspicious and guarded in handing out my bags to the extent that when i had only one or two bags left which i wanted to have cooked at the stoves section near my tent and a woman asked for it but i refused, i still remember the disappointed smile on her face, then when i got to the stoves i saw such a bustle that i knew that the chance of getting it cooked even after waiting for hours would be minimal, so i ended up giving it away to a guy who looked like he cooked and sold meat to pilgrims (i thought "you scamming git, you got lucky").
later we were hungry and when the parcel guys came around with their trolley of food i saw fresh cooked lamb and asked the guy suspiciously in a demanding sort of way: "is that qurbani meat!?" and he humbly looked up at me and honestly said "yes" as if there was nothing to hide, rather that it was fresh. i ended up reluctantly buying it and eating it and i have to admit it was tasty.
that made me realise that it didn't diminish the qurbani in any way whatsoever that a poor man who cooked and sold it managed to take some money home for his family.
the fact that they ask is proof of their humility and want for it, surely most of my relatives wouldn't queue up for it, rather they'd most likely walk off if the seating was below their standard.

the verses i came across later that year came in a very warped fashion.
the fact that they go to the prophet (pbuh) to sneak a blessing is a proof and acknowledgement of the grace that only Allah can bestow, maybe they'll acknowledge the fact somewhere down the line.

two occasions where humility overcomes false pride and is given precedence.

The Faith of the Syrophoenician Woman
24And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know*it: but he could not be hid.*
25For a*certain*woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:*26The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.*
27But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast*itunto the dogs.*
28And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
29And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.*
30And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed
(Matthew 15:21-28 gives a slightly different account).

1.*(The Prophet) frowned and turned away,2.*Because there came to him the blind man.
3.*But what could tell thee but that perchance he might grow?-4.*Or that he might receive admonition, and the teaching might profit him?
5.*As to one who regards Himself as self-sufficient,6.*To him dost thou attend;7.*Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in spiritual understanding).
8.*But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly,9.*And with fear (in his heart),10.*Of him wast thou unmindful.
11.*By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a Message of instruction:12.*Therefore let whoso will, keep it in remembrance.

we are later told in surah A'raf that the one's who's conduct can be compared to a dog are the ones who fail to acknowledge the signs of Allah.
not the meek although they may appear as such.

anyway, Qurbani is for rich and poor:
The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the symbols from Allah: in them is (much) good for you:
then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice):
when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility:
thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.
Quran 22:36

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-24-2015, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Maybe you can consider this charity for next Qurbani in sha Allah?
Sometime I donate my money for people in other countries, and In Shaa Allah I will do it again. But for Qurbani, at this time the priority are poor people in my area.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
anyway, Qurbani is for rich and poor:
Qurbani is from the rich for the poor. Those motorcycle rider indeed, poorer than me or other people who perform Qurbani. But what make me concerned is their aggressiveness in getting qurbani meat. I know many people like them and their lifestyle. They eat meat (chicken/beef/fish) everyday. But in getting Qurbani meat they do not prioritize the poorer who rarely eat meat.

ardianto
09-27-2015, 02:46 AM
I often enough interact with people who live under the line of poverty. They always face difficulties to fulfill their needs, even primary needs. But I notice, they look very patient and do not complain with their life. And in another side I see other 'poor people' who live better than them. They have no problem to fulfill their primary needs, even they can fulfill their secondary needs although not as much as middle class people. However, they often complain about their 'poverty' and very active in seeking aid from government or other parties. Yes, they are people who ride their motorcycle to qurbani meat distribution place.

Not different than reality that I see every May Day (Labor Day). There are factories labors who active in organizing labors for protest to push government to increase their salaries although their salaries are higher than many administration staff in small companies. And the worse is, those labors activists do not care with other workers home industries or other sectors that still haven't get deserve salaries. They just care to themselves.

Indeed, like I've ever heard, those who scream loudest are often not those who most suffered.

jameelash
10-04-2015, 07:56 AM
this remind me something i read b4.a ladywent to a textile nd asked the salesman.display some cheap sarees .i want to present one for my maid for my sons marriage next week.later another lady came nd asked the sales man.display some wat expensive sarees.i want to present my madam for her son,s marriage next week.poor in mind or purse?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!