/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you pray Jummah Prayer at home?

Ehabnajeeb1232
09-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Hello, I've recently moved from the UK to the states and i live 2 hours away from the masjid. So basically, it takes me about 4-6 hours to pray jummah and get back home. I haven't made any friends here yet so i can't get a ride. Is it permissible to pray jummah at home?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IB-Staff
09-25-2015, 06:00 AM
Click here if the video below does not load: Can you pray Jummah Prayer at home?

Short summary of the Fatwa in video:

In non-Muslim countries, it is permitted to establish Jumuah prayers at any place even if only 4 Muslim men gather, provided any other Muslim is permitted to join them.

If there are less than 4 people, or if the place has restricted entry (like a person's home where only the family members are allowed), then they should pray Zuhr prayer instead.

In Muslim countries, if the Muslim ruler prohibits people from establishing Jumuah due to certain circumstances, then people should pray 4 rakat of Zuhr prayer instead. They can pray zuhr in congregation if they want but they are not permitted to establish Jumuah prayers without the Muslim ruler's permission.

A similar Fatwa is available here: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3335...of-an-epidemic

Abz2000
09-25-2015, 07:10 AM
maybe useful to look at working with local members of the Muslim community to use or rent a house or empty shop and set up a regular place to pray?

the people of Musa were advised to make their homes their house of worship when the oppression and falsehood of pharaoh got too much to bear.
Allah tasks no soul beyond what it can bear, consider the distance and situation and possibly set up a small jama'ah
also, if you have 'ulama-as-sultan or 'ulama co-opted by a lying sultan making up false stories and are unable to change the situation despite your best efforts, you can read at home.

shafat10
09-25-2015, 06:15 PM
It's not possible to pray Jummah at home. But there's a solution to your problem. If one can't pray Jummah, then he should pray 4 Rakat Zuhr as usual at home. This is the way you should follow if you can't pray Jummah. And it's not allowed to be prayed at home, so it's not possible. You should instead pray the 4 Rakat Zuhr at home.
And meanwhile you try to find a way for going to Mosque, Allah will help you Inshallah. God bless.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
09-27-2015, 02:12 PM
To add, I believe there needs to be at least 40 people in order to 'qualify'.

All the best.

:peace:

ardianto
09-27-2015, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
To add, I believe there needs to be at least 40 people in order to 'qualify'.
That is in Shafi'i madhab. But other madhab have different rule.

ardianto
09-27-2015, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
It's not possible to pray Jummah at home. But there's a solution to your problem. If one can't pray Jummah, then he should pray 4 Rakat Zuhr as usual at home. This is the way you should follow if you can't pray Jummah. And it's not allowed to be prayed at home, so it's not possible. You should instead pray the 4 Rakat Zuhr at home.
And meanwhile you try to find a way for going to Mosque, Allah will help you Inshallah. God bless.
Salah Jummah at home or other places that not masjid is allowed, as long as meet the valid condition such as minimum number of jama'ah, there is imam, there is khatib, and follow the procedure of salah Jummah.

shafat10
09-27-2015, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Salah Jummah at home or other places that not masjid is allowed, as long as meet the valid condition such as minimum number of jama'ah, there is imam, there is khatib, and follow the procedure of salah Jummah.
And that's not the case for him Captain :v.

ardianto
09-27-2015, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
And that's not the case for him Captain :v.
I know, sergeant. But this is an open forum where other people can read what you write, and your statement which describe that it's not possible to pray Jummah at home can make other people think that pray Jummah at home or other places that not masjid is not valid.

:)

shafat10
09-27-2015, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I know, sergeant. But this is an open forum where other people can read what you write, and your statement which describe that it's not possible to pray Jummah at home can make other people think that pray Jummah at home or other places that not masjid is not valid.

:)
Fair enough! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!