/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem

dubs
09-29-2015, 10:22 AM
As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
I have a serious problem I'd like to share.
Yesterday, at 6:00 AM, I went to a local pool wherein I wanted to practice my swimming skills.
My plan was to reach the pool before anyone else comes in, thus I'd have the entire space for myself.
As I arrived at the pool, the lifeguard approached me and said: "Sorry, boy. Pool's close today".
"But your website states it's open 6 days a week!" I insisted.
"Sorry, boy. Over 9000 folks come here on a weekly routine, and sometimes they leave a severe mess in the pool. We gotta clean it up. Come here tomorrow!".
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I believe the lifeguard was discriminating me for being a Muslim, because I saw the pool and it was empty and clean. I think this man just didn't want me to have some fun in the pool.
I spoke to my parents about it and they said to me: "Just go to another pool", but I am truly convinced the right thing to do is to fight against this despicable lifeguard and occupy the pool, as the prophet (PBUH) and his companions conquered their lands.
It will be my personal battle of Khaybar.
What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aflawedbeing
09-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Subhan'Allah. No wonder ignorant people cling to the 'Muslims are violent and act in haste' thing.
You're going to fight someone because you suspect they were rude to you, even though you're not even entirely sure.

Maybe they were just closed.
Just find another pool dude.

ardianto
09-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Were you back to the pool yesterday noon to check whether the pool really closed or still opened for public?. If the pool still opened you could protest. But if the pool really closed, it's mean the pool guard was not lying.

Young bro, do not easy to make prejudice. Okay?. :)

sister herb
09-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Salam alaykum

Just go to the pool another day. This shouldn´t be "serious problem" to anyone. If the staff member(s) still are rude to you, you can make complain about them to their employer. Propably there are laws which prohibit discrimination.

I understand that the pool may require disinfection, sometimes even if it seems clean to the bare eyes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
09-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Salam and welcome to the forum. :shade:

The lifeguard did say "Come back tomorrow.."

If you had to swim that day, find another pool. But if swimming in the morning is what you want, try again the next day.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Sunnie Ameena
12-17-2015, 11:03 PM
I think that sometimes with the chemicals and such that they use, it might mean the water has to be left alone for so many hours before anyone gets in. My son-in-law would clean their pool with stuff and then they could not get in the pool for 24 hours. Maybe this is the case with the pool you want to swim in.

BeTheChange
12-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Asalamualykum,

Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the health, advice or general section?

Aay1K0
01-26-2016, 07:58 AM
Instead of fighting there, you should talk to the manager or other authorities to solve the problem.

Kiro
01-26-2016, 02:01 PM
You gotta improve your skills so much that the lifeguard will regret his decision and be in awe :D but he did say come back tomorrow

azc
01-26-2016, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dubs
As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhuI have a serious problem I'd like to share.Yesterday, at 6:00 AM, I went to a local pool wherein I wanted to practice my swimming skills.My plan was to reach the pool before anyone else comes in, thus I'd have the entire space for myself.As I arrived at the pool, the lifeguard approached me and said: "Sorry, boy. Pool's close today"."But your website states it's open 6 days a week!" I insisted."Sorry, boy. Over 9000 folks come here on a weekly routine, and sometimes they leave a severe mess in the pool. We gotta clean it up. Come here tomorrow!".Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I believe the lifeguard was discriminating me for being a Muslim, because I saw the pool and it was empty and clean. I think this man just didn't want me to have some fun in the pool. I spoke to my parents about it and they said to me: "Just go to another pool", but I am truly convinced the right thing to do is to fight against this despicable lifeguard and occupy the pool, as the prophet (PBUH) and his companions conquered their lands.It will be my personal battle of Khaybar.What do you think?
It's not a serious issue at all. You may talk to manager.

hisnameiszzz
01-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Hi,

Sorry this happened to you and that it is upsetting you so much.

If you were unhappy with the service you received, then contact the manager. If the website says it should be open then it should have be open. Unless it says that it could close at any time without prior notice. Sorry, but most gyms and pools have this as a disclaimer, but I am not making excuses for them. When I used to go to a gym that had a swimming pool, if either were closed, they would have a sign on the external door. You could always contact the manager and explain what happened if it really upset you. I am sure it is all on CCTV and you can explain exactly what happened. Who knows you might get some free swim passes as goodwill gesture.

How do you know for certain he is against you because you are a Muslim? Without evidence you can't prove anything. Maybe he just wanted to chill out and thought if I send him away, I can just go to the staff room and have a coffee?

Look at this way, you are paying his salary by going to that pool. So why don't you go somewhere else and use your money where they treat you with respect? No need for physical violence or getting into an argument with him. It's not worth it at all.

Hope you manage to get it sorted. Good luck.

Muezzin
04-08-2016, 02:53 PM
As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
I have a serious problem I'd like to share.
Yesterday, at 6:00 AM, I went to a local pool wherein I wanted to practice my swimming skills.
My plan was to reach the pool before anyone else comes in, thus I'd have the entire space for myself.
As I arrived at the pool, the lifeguard approached me and said: "Sorry, boy. Pool's close today".
"But your website states it's open 6 days a week!" I insisted.
"Sorry, boy. Over 9000 folks come here on a weekly routine, and sometimes they leave a severe mess in the pool. We gotta clean it up. Come here tomorrow!".
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I believe the lifeguard was discriminating me for being a Muslim, because I saw the pool and it was empty and clean. I think this man just didn't want me to have some fun in the pool.
I spoke to my parents about it and they said to me: "Just go to another pool", but I am truly convinced the right thing to do is to fight against this despicable lifeguard and occupy the pool, as the prophet (PBUH) and his companions conquered their lands.
What do you think?
Is it actually open at 6 am?

And yeah, as others have said, surely just go to another pool?

Hope you got to swim after all :)

piXie
04-09-2016, 11:16 AM
[B]

WA alaykum Asalamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu

Just for clarification, the Prophet :saws1: did not fight personal battles.

Serinity
04-09-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd just come back next time.

ardianto
04-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Excuse me, bro, sis.

The OP visited that pool at September 28, 2015. And today is April 9, 2016.

I am sure he has forgotten that case.

Raptor
04-09-2016, 04:35 PM
That's very early, as others have said maybe it was just closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!