/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian Muslim Relationship

shinebright
09-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Hello! I am a 26 year old woman. I live in America and I am a Christian. I am divorced and have children. I am in love with a Muslim man and have questions. I do not think his family will accept me because I have children from my previous marriage and am now divorced. I need advice on what I can do to help the situation. Thank you so much.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
09-30-2015, 09:34 PM
You are not being too specific what the problem/problems is/are all about.

shinebright
09-30-2015, 11:12 PM
Is it ok for a Muslim man to marry a divorced woman with children? Will his family accept me? They are a strict family and all follow Islam. I don't know much about Islam and and joined this board for advice on this topic and to learn more about Islam.

shinebright
09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Hello, I need some advice. I am a Christian woman. I am divorced and have children. I have fallen in love with a Muslim man. He is worried his family will not accept me because I am divorced and have children from my previous marriage and I am not sure what to do. What can I do to help his family understand that I am a good person?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
10-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Every family is different and will react differently. There is no hard and fast rule on anything but depending on backgrounds, it could be a tough one.

I have heard stories where families have rejected potential partners because of racial differences (and we are not talking about religious differences here - both are muslims). That is not islam in its true form.

In my view, if I managed to convert another person into the deen as a result of marriage, then I feel that I have done good (as I there will be another person who has converted). However, some people have very strong cultural stuff that can distort the real spirit of islam.

May you have a smooth journey into discovery.

:peace:

JohnnyEnglish
10-01-2015, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shinebright
Hello, I need some advice. I am a Christian woman. I am divorced and have children. I have fallen in love with a Muslim man. He is worried his family will not accept me because I am divorced and have children from my previous marriage and I am not sure what to do. What can I do to help his family understand that I am a good person?
I am sure you are a good person. Forgive me but I wonder whether you are perhaps a little naïve to ask the questions you asked. I will try to help . . .

You are dealing with two things, your friends religion and his cultural background both of which are so closely intertwined that many Muslims don't know and don't differentiate between them. You haven't stated your friends parent's country of origin but it is true to say that most Muslims originated from countries where culturally parents want their children not simply to marry someone from that country but often from their village in that country and in some cultures cousins in that village. That's one hurdle. Next is religion. This then comes down to how 'religious' he is / his parents are. Depending upon where they are on that scale from one end to the other is your degree of difficulty. He's already broken a number of Islamic teachings by forming a relationship with you and if that relationship has reached a 'certain stage' then you'll need an Islamic scholar to give you an answer. And, as it happens, there is section on this forum where you can ask a scholar that question.

abo mussaab
10-01-2015, 02:00 PM
convert to islam say chahada and everything will be alright insha allah allah bless you sister

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!