/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tips on getting around parents who don't accept islam?

rebekka0002
10-05-2015, 08:36 AM
My parents are both strong catholics that don't at all accept islam. I am terrified to tell them i want to revert to Islam because i know they will be upset and try to hold me back from it. If anyone has any tips or their own stories the help would be greatly appreciated:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Beautiful collection of stories here to read :): http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...erts-post.html

By the way have you got a local Masjid in your area? Or place where there are Muslim sisters? It's best to get support from them too.

aamuslim
10-06-2015, 04:08 AM
Rebekka, you do need to inform your parents about reverting to Islam at the moment if you do not feel comfortable, nor do you require the permission of anybody to become a Muslim. If you believe Islam to be the religion of truth, then try to become a Muslim as soon as possible and you can inform your parents later on down the road whenever you feel comfortable.

We do not know your parents, so we do not know what their understanding of Islam is. You are their daughter, you would know what questions and concerns they may have about Islam. It would be best for you to become a Muslim, gain more knowledge, so that when you do feel comfortable, you would be able to not only tell them of your decision but also answer their questions and concerns that they may have about Islam.

aflawedbeing
10-14-2015, 11:44 AM
My parents had NO idea until 18 months after my Shahada.
Baby steps, sister. Emaan is first and foremost.

Keep posting on here, keep us posted, ask anything you need, don't fear us as we are here to help inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!