/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering?

*charisma*
10-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Does anyone know of any organizations catering to refugees that are in need of interpreters, teachers, or help from sisters?

Jazakum Allahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-05-2015, 01:32 PM
:wa:

Masha Allah, may Allah reward you for the noble intention to help out. Ameen.

Do you mean organizations that dedicate to help refugees only? Below are big organisations that do all charity works including refugee help.

Try the following :ia::

Ask them if you can help in the refugee appeal
http://oneummah.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/

This is the one I recommend, I always use this charity because of the 100% donation policy. They are also doing the refugee appeal, ask them if you can assist in any way.
http://www.uwt.org/site/article.asp?id=83

Also this one.
https://www.muslimaid.org/opportunities/volunteer/

*charisma*
10-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Jazak Allahu khair,

May Allah bless the organizers of OneUmmah. I sent them a message before about volunteering, but they may have assumed that I wanted to donate. I felt shy to inquire further.

I can donate, but I want to physically volunteer inshallah. I have been to Turkey multiple times, but I don't really know how to help the people there and where to go. I am also familiar with areas in Jordan, and I am living in the Middle East so traveling should be no issue inshallah. I see that most of these organizations have brothers, I don't know if it's just the pictures, but I would assume some women may prefer to speak to another woman. It's the human interaction that I wish to be involved in. I also would not mind helping out in other areas inshallah.

BeTheChange
10-05-2015, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Jazak Allahu khair,

May Allah bless the organizers of OneUmmah. I sent them a message before about volunteering, but they may have assumed that I wanted to donate. I felt shy to inquire further.

I can donate, but I want to physically volunteer inshallah. I have been to Turkey multiple times, but I don't really know how to help the people there and where to go. I am also familiar with areas in Jordan, and I am living in the Middle East so traveling should be no issue inshallah. I see that most of these organizations have brothers, I don't know if it's just the pictures, but I would assume some women may prefer to speak to another woman. It's the human interaction that I wish to be involved in. I also would not mind helping out in other areas inshallah.
Asalamualykum sis,

Ameen to the dua.

May Allah swt help you in your time of need sis Ameen.

I just want to advise don't be shy in asking. As the cliche goes if you don't ask, you'll never know.

Make further enquiries and ask them whether they take people on and your not in a position to contribute financially etc.

Am sure they will understand and will be very grateful for your intention.

If they don't know, ask them to point you in the right direction in sha Allah as some charities work alongside each other or know of other similar charities and organisations.

Am sorry i don't know any charity in this area.

May Allah swt help you find the right organisation Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!