/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you have read any book on our Nabee...

greenhill
10-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Salaams :shade:

This thought came to mind when I was responding to another post and thought this topic might be a good one for its own... so here goes

If you have read a book on our prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, what did you come away with? What was inspirational?

It would not be possible to 'learn' nothing.

I'm not sure if I want to lead, but I have already some examples in another thread (that prompted this).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
10-05-2015, 06:49 PM
I really enjoyed Martin Lings book.

He actually became a Muslim after the book.

Ahmed2014
10-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Martin Lings book has a few issues people should be aware of, I can't recall all of them but the two prominent falsehoods in it include:

-Some claim about Zaid radiallahu anhu and the prophet salalahu alaiyhi salam and Zaid's wife. Which are lies
-Claims that the prophet salalahu alaiyhi salam left statues/crosses in the kabba 'out of respect'

Basically a few fake narratives.

Other than those small mishaps it's a good book.

BeTheChange
10-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I have to admit i haven't had a chance to read these books but am 100% positive they will be ace.

Please visit; http://www.kalamullah.com/muhammad.html

Jazahka Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
10-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Reading stories about the prophet gave me insight into his mannerisms. He was very unassuming.

As I read more and more it was his humility and humbleness that really had an impact on me how to deal with difficult times. His interaction with people and his kindness to humanity.

Bottom line is the outward manifestation of his conduct that really showed the ideal way of life for me. It nurtures goodwill in a society and I love the way he did it.

These are what I came away with after reading the books.... Please add ...

:peace:

BeTheChange
10-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Asalamualykum,

Excellent topic. Jazahka Allah for creating this thread.

I think there are too many excellent excellent qualities of our Prophet SAW to name or to do justice on this thread; but we can certainly attempt to praise and in sha Allah we may be able to make a good change in our manners and character.

One of the qualities that i admire is how our Prophet SAW never got angry with people even though they were harming him SAW. In fact, our Prophet SAW showed kindness to his enemies.

It's extremely hard to control your anger especially, when you know your innocent and have been wrongly blamed or labelled for something. Our Prophet SAW dealt with this situation with so much sabar and kindness and even prayed for his enemies.

May Allah swt help us control our anger Ameen.

greenhill
10-07-2015, 09:20 AM
@Snow ,

What was it, about the book by Martin Lings, did you enjoy?

It was the first one I read many years ago. Several years after, I read one by Muhammad Husayn Haykal. A bit more heavy going than Martin Lings but once I got my head 'tuned' to the writing style, it was a far superior content.

Tidying up stuff, I recently found another book on our holy prophet by Golam Choudhury. Hmmm can't remember buying it even, let alone read it ;D

Guess that would be my next read.

strivingobserver98
10-07-2015, 04:41 PM
:wa:

This book is called "Sublime Etiquettes and Mannerisms of Nabi". I recommend you read it too :).

One of the things I learnt was Nabee :saws: he would laugh and joke too. But it's not the same laugh we all do :p. His laugh was a smile. He didn't laugh excessively with a sound in his laughter.

He also raced with Aisha (ra), each of them having competition on who can win :thumbs_up. Read how he Nabee :saws: was romantic and treated his wives with respect. And try to implement them :ia:.

This thread is great idea! Just by thinking about it and typing it, I can imagine Nabee :saws: conduct, character and life.

Snow
10-07-2015, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
@Snow,

What was it, about the book by Martin Lings, did you enjoy?

It was the first one I read many years ago. Several years after, I read one by Muhammad Husayn Haykal. A bit more heavy going than Martin Lings but once I got my head 'tuned' to the writing style, it was a far superior content.

Tidying up stuff, I recently found another book on our holy prophet by Golam Choudhury. Hmmm can't remember buying it even, let alone read it ;D

Guess that would be my next read.

I liked the fact that he went with the earliest sources. Not picking a certain subject and going with it.
Just focusing on the earliest ones.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!