/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are you an optimist or pessimist?

BilalKid
10-05-2015, 10:26 PM
while browsing news this question caught my eye. which one do you fit in pessimist or optimist? :unsure:

i am an optimist :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
10-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Asalamualykum,

I think news is designed to offer a doom and gloom picture.

Bad news sells unfortunately.

On a positive note, Alhamdulilah, i see myself as a positive individual as well as a realist.

strivingobserver98
10-05-2015, 11:18 PM
:sl:

I think the best definition for Optimist & Pessimist is found in this quote below:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

Alhamdulilah I'm an optimist too :), I expect positive outcomes and stay resilient after difficulties.

Ahmed2014
10-06-2015, 12:22 AM
absolutely optimist. No muslim should ever be a pessimist.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Seems that everyone whose have answered to the poll are optimist.

Maybe possible pessimists have thought like "it doesn´t worth to answer". ;D

Abz2000
10-06-2015, 10:19 AM
i'm an optimist and a pessimist, and everything in between.
hopefully i can say with sincerity that i'm a Muslim and that makes me ultimately optimistic since i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and have hope in reaching it.

وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَى رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِين

021:083*
And (remember) Ayub (Job), when he cried to his Lord:
"Verily, distress has seized me,
and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."

Say: "I have no power over any good or harm myself except as Allah wills.
If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me:
I am but a Warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have faith."*
[7: Al-Araf-188]

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ شَاهِدًا وَمُبَشِّرًا وَنَذِيرًا {

وَدَاعِيًا إِلَى اللَّهِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَسِرَاجًا مُّنِيرًا

O Prophet (MuhammadSAW )! Verily, We have sent you as witness, and a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner,

And as one who invites to Allah [Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah (Alone)] by His Leave,
and as a lamp spreading light (through your instructions from the Qur'an and the Sunnah the legal ways of the Prophet SAW).
Quran 33:45-46

إِلاَّ تَنصُرُوهُ فَقَدْ نَصَرَهُ اللّهُ إِذْ أَخْرَجَهُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ ثَانِيَ اثْنَيْنِ إِذْ هُمَا فِي الْغَارِ إِذْ يَقُولُ لِصَاحِبِهِ لاَ تَحْزَنْ إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَنَا فَأَنزَلَ اللّهُ سَكِينَتَهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَيَّدَهُ بِجُنُودٍ لَّمْ تَرَوْهَا وَجَعَلَ كَلِمَةَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ السُّفْلَى وَكَلِمَةُ اللّهِ هِيَ الْعُلْيَا وَاللّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ
009:040*
If you help him (Muhammad SAW) not (it does not matter), for Allah did indeed help him when the disbelievers drove him out,
the second of two, when they (Muhammad SAW and Abu Bakr radhiallahu'anhu) were in the cave,
and he (SAW) said to his companion (Abu Bakr radhiallahu'anhu): "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."
Then Allah sent down His Sakinah (calmness, tranquillity, peace, etc.) upon him, and strengthened him with forces (angels) which you saw not,
and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowermost,
while it was the Word of Allah that became the uppermost, and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

the black and white chequerboard it appears has meaning, only that realism should be adopted over self deception.

BeTheChange
10-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Alhamdulilah very good to hear!

May Allah swt help us all stay positive and show sabar through difficult trials Ameen.

oasis123
10-06-2015, 04:08 PM
The neutral term realist which is said to be in between optimism and pessimism is for me :)

Snow
10-06-2015, 07:29 PM
I hope for the best and accept the worst.

M.I.A.
10-06-2015, 08:06 PM
For you I'm an optimist I hope.

Abz2000
10-06-2015, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
For you I'm an optimist I hope.
call a spade a spade.

if you try to deceive Allah and those who believe, you'll only be deceiving yourself - but you most likely won't REALIZE it.

is he being brutally honest - or telling deadly lies, asks the government and media controlled by dajjal's war machine.
it's what you intend when you put a piece of info out there, what you intend to take from it, and how you use it that will be looked at in complete context on the last day - before going to paradise with honour or getting thrown into hell in disgrace.
the sure reality, and what is the sure reality? you'll find some answers in surah al Haaqqah.
seek the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

a gram of soma won't do when coming to terms with the situation and finding a solution.
not even a billion kilos.
that is the day on which the truthful will profit from their truth.

AhmedGassama
10-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Islam told us to be optimistic so we can be useful in life

M.I.A.
10-06-2015, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
call a spade a spade.

if you try to deceive Allah and those who believe, you'll only be deceiving yourself - but you most likely won't REALIZE it.
Make of me what you will lol.

To be fair that's the only way you would find out what I'm not.

...still chasing cars I suppose.. My own take on the world being a beautiful women story.

Abz2000... You posting potato quality videos again lol.

Although truthfully dumb is good right?

Autopilot works so much better, I have no idea if they hear and obey or if I can't comprehend what goes through there minds.

The rememberence of Allah swt is like the difference between the living and the dead...

Loosely paraphrased.

Sorry for the jumbled post, iv held my tongue so long I don't even know what's going to come out..

Probably not me.

...but for you, I'm an optimist

:|

Abz2000
10-06-2015, 11:29 PM
youtube's robot deletes the video's wrongly despite them containing lawful content for educational purposes so i have to record them grainy.
back to optimism - depends really on what you're being optimistic about huh?
oh you know you want it, oh you know you like it would be too generic and confusing unless a clear context is given wouldn't it? it would also need to be a halal outcome to be optimistic about.
astaghfirullah, best thing to do is repent, submit to Allah and obey Him with sincerity.

M.I.A.
10-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Agree, fear of Allah swt and the last day is often enough.

To make a person change there ways and repent for there known and unknown actions.

....Chasing cars but not money

Maybe a spade is still a spade.

Write a letter to the universe lol.. A proclamation of faith would have been better than a wish list.

If only we would or could write positive posts, the foundations for tomorrow would be a lot firmer..

Optimism.

...OK end on a light...ish note :D

https://youtu.be/P1ULjJ3EqyY

Abz2000
10-06-2015, 11:53 PM
yay, solid foundations are for fundamentalists, welcome aboard.

but i sure as hell (or heaven) aint gonna pretend the king's got clothes when the swindlers weaved on an empty loom!
and i'll say he's got clothes when he's got clothes.

M.I.A.
10-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Lol.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

Abz2000
10-07-2015, 10:15 AM
tower of babble:

4 And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”
5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.
6 And the Lord said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.
7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.”
8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.
9 Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.
— Genesis 11:4–9
. "Babel" means the "Gate of God", from*Akkadian*bab-ilu*(���� ����), "Gate of God" (from*bab*"gate" +*ilu"god")."
*According to the Bible, the city received the name "Babel" from the Hebrew word*balal, meaning to jumble.

babble

[bab-uh*l]verb (used without object),*babbled,*babbling.
1.to utter sounds or words imperfectly, indistinctly, or without meaning.
2.to talk idly, irrationally, excessively, or foolishly; chatter or prattle."">verb (used without object),*babbled,*babbling.
3.to make a continuous, murmuring sound.verb (used with object),*babbled,*babbling.
4.to utter in an incoherent, foolish, or meaningless fashion.
5.to reveal foolishly or thoughtlessly:to babble a secret.noun6.inarticulate or imperfect speech.
7.foolish, meaningless, or incoherent speech; prattle.
8.a murmuring sound or a confusion of sounds.
9.babbling*(def 2).
10.Telecommunications.*a confused mixture of extraneous sounds in a circuit, resulting from cross talk from other channels.
negative action and intention disguised in the garb of positive assimilation:
A Foreign body should be planted in the heart of this nation...“
There are people who control spacious territories teeming with manifest and hidden resources. They dominate the intersections of world routes. Their lands were the cradles of human civilizations and religions.
These people have one faith, one language, one history and the same aspirations.
No natural barriers can isolate these people from one another ... if, per chance, this nation were to be unified into one state, it would then take the fate of the world into its hands and would separate Europe from the rest of the world.
Taking these considerations seriously, a foreign body should be planted in the heart of this nation to prevent the convergence of its wings in such a way that it could exhaust its powers in never-ending wars. It could also serve as a springboard for the West to gain its coveted objects.”

1902 - Sir Campbell Bannerman, Prime Minister of Britain [1905-08]*
34.*We have already sent down to you verses making things clear,
an illustration from (the story of) people who passed away before you, and an admonition for those who fear ((Allah)).
35.*Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.
36.*(Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-
37.*By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance of Allah, nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular Charity: Their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed (in a world wholly new),-38.*That Allah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace: for Allah doth provide for those whom He will, without measure.

39.*But the Unbelievers,- their deeds are like a mirage in sandy deserts, which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water; until when he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing: But he finds Allah (ever) with him, and Allah will pay him his account: and Allah is swift in taking account.

40.*Or (the Unbelievers' state) is like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with billow topped by billow, topped by (dark) clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hands, he can hardly see it! for any to whom Allah giveth not light, there is no light!

sulaiman (pbuh) used the tools available to get the satans to build a real house of Allah, and he eatablished Allah's laws - now that's positive and optimistic.
wa maa kafara sulaimaan walaakinna asshayaatueena kafaroo.

ENTERED APPRENTICE TRACING BOARD

انطَلِقُوا إِلَى ظِلٍّ ذِي ثَلَاثِ شُعَبٍ
Khan:
"Depart you to a shadow (of Hell-fire smoke ascending) in three columns,
077:030*Maulana:Walk on to the shadow, having three branches,
077:030*Pickthal: Depart unto the shadow falling threefold,
077:030*Rashad:Go to a shade of three different densities.
077:030*Sarwar:Proceed to that shadow, rising in three columns
077:030*Shakir:Walk on to the covering having three branches,
077:030*Sherali:'Aye, move on towards a three-pronged shadow,
077:030*Yusufali:" Depart ye to a Shadow (of smoke ascending) in three columns,

لَا ظَلِيلٍ وَلَا يُغْنِي مِنَ اللَّهَبِ
077:031*Khan:"Neither shading, nor of any use against the fierce flame of the Fire."

And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah].
But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.
Quran 8:30

And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus)],
and Allah planned too.
And Allah is the Best of the planners.
Quran 3:54
it would be useful at this instance to delve into the revelation of surah al Fussilat (expounded-made clear), it is available in the link below, and when the Prophet pbuh chose to use it as a response:

some lessons from the interaction:
They (the infidels from Quraish) had given a clear notice to the Holy Prophet to the effect: "You may continue your mission of inviting the people to yourself,
but we would go on opposing you as hard as we can to frustrate your mission."

For this object they had devised the following plan: Whenever the Holy Prophet or a follower of his would try to recite the Qur'an before the people, they would at once raise such a hue and cry that no one could hear anything.

They were desperately trying to misconstrue the verses of the Qur'an and spread every kind of misunderstanding among the people. They misconstrued everything and found fault even with the straightforward things.
They would isolate words and sentences from their right context, from here and there, and would add their own words in order to put new meanings on them so as to mislead the people about the Quran and the Messenger who presented it.

Wretched is the man who gets as company such satans from among men and jinn, who show him nothing but green and pleasant, who make his follies seem fair to him, who neither let him think aright himself nor let him hear right from others. But on the Day of Reckoning when their doom overtakes them, each one of them will say that if he happened to get hold of those who had misled and deceived him in the world, he would trample them under his foot.

This Quran is an unchangeable Book. You can not defeat it by your machinations and falsehoods.
Whether falsehood comes from the front or makes a secret and indirect attack from behind, it cannot succeed in refuting it.

http://www.searchtruth.com/tafsir/Quran/41/index.html
1.*Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah,- their deeds will Allah render astray (from their mark).
2.*But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.
3.*This because those who reject Allah follow falsehood.
while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord:
Thus does Allah set forth for men their lessons by similitudes.

from Chapter Muhammad

optimism in the wrong state of mind and being can be dangerous:

greenhill
10-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Another way of putting optimistic or pessimistic perspectives will be to take a glass that's half filled. Half full or half empty is the perspective.

Without much thought in the past, I would put myself in the optimist category and add confident (as in believing I am capable enough).

I have long ago learnt that success or failure is independent of the belief in capabilities and effort, though it has bearings on increasing the odds into our favour.

But this thread has made me wonder.. that it is an 'adopted' state of mind, like confidence, you are subtly categorised, defined and understood via psychological definitions that can become self fulfilling. As usual, I'm not sure if I'm clear as to the point I'm trying to form as result of this thread prodding me ^o)

Makes me think that there are more of these subtle 'definitions out there to make people feel inadequate about themselves...

Hmmmm... then...

...in desperation....

....we turn to the 'solution' offered (by the Judeo - Christian Alliance) (What? How did I get here?)

Better go already!

:peace:

M.I.A.
10-07-2015, 02:56 PM
why cant you be like normal people and click the poll already!

...stop derailing the thread!

;P

Abz2000
10-07-2015, 09:22 PM
i wouldn't consider it normal at all when you stand at a crumbling precipice and wonder if it would be pessimistic to take a step back and get your bearings, i'd say it was collective madness to stand there and play pretend games or try throwing pretend rocks 500 ft below hoping that the space will just fill up.
if you've genuinely tried, you can put your trust in Allah to do what's best.
it is what it is - regardless of the false speculation in news reports and exhorbitant quantitative easing.

if you have an interest problem that's spiralling into disaster, you don't start a war in order to divert attention, introduce more soldiery on the citizenry to keep them bowed and write new terror laws while selling off all public trusts to the usurers who will only make things worse, you sieze the assets off the usurers and redistribute them to the poorest - pronto, that's positive thinking.
first thing a drug addict or alcoholic needs to do is acknowledge that they have a problem, that's positive, labelling someone who acknowledges they have a problem as "pessimist" won't work in such a situation.

you definitely don't just wish paper and digital money into existence, most importantly because of the fact that
it is haram, it also doesn't correspond with rainfall or crops, and you tell the masses the situation sincerely and truthfully so that they can work towards stocking real food. pretending to be optimistic is self deception because the people who know what's going on will just pull out their money while making things appear fine via speculation so the dupes can fill the disparity before the conjured money disappears (they call it a "correction").

The stock market is out of sync with Main Street, billionaire investor Sam Zell said Wednesday.""

"The best example I can give you was [a week ago] Monday when the stock market was ... down 300 [points] and everything was horrific," Zell said. "I looked at the screen and said I don't think there's anything that I want to buy."*"I didn't see anything that jumped up and said ... that's value," he said.
"We subsequently had a recovery that I don't think fits any economic judgment."
He added, "There's a significant missing of demand, not only in the United States but worldwide.
"The chairman of Equity Group Investments told CNBC's "Squawk Box" there continues to be a disparity between reality and Wall Street.
The last time*he was on the program in April, Zell predicted a*correction*in the stock market, which came to pass in recent months.
He said Wednesday that understanding what*quantitative easing*and low interest rates from the*Federal Reserve*actually means for stocks remains a long way off."
There are people who say we may see more quantitative easing as the [economic] slowdown continues.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/07/sam-z...t-of-sync.html
grow up a bit.

udkhuloo fi assilmi kaafah, enter into Islam completely.
Refuse the lame false labelling of leftist vs rightist, liberal vs conservative, pessimist vs optimist, religion of peace vs religion of war, all of those false labels are division amongst illusory lines.

if you're genuinely Muslim you're ultimately optimistic and truthful anyway whilst working towards fulfilment, and if you're kafir you're either hopeless or self deluded.
honestly.

'Abd-al Latif
10-07-2015, 11:01 PM
:salamext:

Let's see. Optimist or pessimist?

Here's a question that will determine the genuineness of the optimists a bit better: is the glass half full or half empty?

Think carefully before your answer.

M.I.A.
10-07-2015, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i wouldn't consider it normal at all when you stand at a crumbling precipice and wonder if it would be pessimistic to take a step back and get your bearings, i'd say it was collective madness to stand there and play pretend games or try throwing pretend rocks 500 ft below hoping that the space will just fill up.
if you've genuinely tried, you can put your trust in Allah to do what's best.
it is what it is - regardless of the false speculation in news reports and exhorbitant quantitative easing.

if you have an interest problem that's spiralling into disaster, you don't start a war in order to divert attention, introduce more soldiery on the citizenry to keep them bowed and write new terror laws while selling off all public trusts to the usurers who will only make things worse, you sieze the assets off the usurers and redistribute them to the poorest - pronto, that's positive thinking.
first thing a drug addict or alcoholic needs to do is acknowledge that they have a problem, that's positive, labelling someone who acknowledges they have a problem as "pessimist" won't work in such a situation.

you definitely don't just wish paper and digital money into existence, most importantly because of the fact that
it is haram, it also doesn't correspond with rainfall or crops, and you tell the masses the situation sincerely and truthfully so that they can work towards stocking real food. pretending to be optimistic is self deception because the people who know what's going on will just pull out their money while making things appear fine via speculation so the dupes can fill the disparity before the conjured money disappears (they call it a "correction").

grow up a bit.

udkhuloo fi assilmi kaafah, enter into Islam completely.
Refuse the lame false labelling of leftist vs rightist, liberal vs conservative, pessimist vs optimist, religion of peace vs religion of war, all of those false labels are division amongst illusory lines.

if you're genuinely Muslim you're ultimately optimistic and truthful anyway whilst working towards fulfilment, and if you're kafir you're either hopeless or self deluded.
honestly.

http://news.sky.com/story/1565141/te...ercent-to-354m

oasis123
10-08-2015, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Let's see. Optimist or pessimist?

Here's a question that will determine the genuineness of the optimists a bit better: is the glass half full or half empty?

Think carefully before your answer.
walaikum salam

The glass is half full : )

One of my professor showed a half filled glass then asked the same question.
Students who said the glass is half filled, he said they are optimist, and other students who said that the glass is half empty, the professor said they are pessimist.

Abz2000
10-08-2015, 10:54 AM
the glass is both half full and half empty at the same time :)
the question to consider now is whether it is being filled or being emptied.
that way you'll know which way to move and you won't get duped.
howzat!?

now a question, does the coin say heads, or does it say tales?

M.I.A.
10-08-2015, 01:46 PM
...only the vending machine knows.

The abundance.

Scarily your thought process was quiet similar to mine on that last one..

So I made a funny

Abz2000
10-08-2015, 02:08 PM
the spinning coin has heads and tails, however the way it lands defines the observation, remove your hand from over it and people will see clearly, no need for vending machines and electronic cheat devices.

who's doing the deceiving? how 'bout a truthful ct scan?

remove the obstacle or the bannister's going to rot, time is of the essence.

There will be no oppression and no need to fight oppressors (war will be abolished) and no need to collect Jizyah (since there will be no non-Muslim people of the Book to collect this tax from). Every human being will be well-off and no one will accept charity.
Messiah will perform Hajj (pilgrimage), marry, remain married for 19 years, beget children, and die after living on earth for 40 years. His death will signal the beginning of the last days

which calculates to the conclusion that he marries at 21?

Marriage*
Many Ahadith specify that after his descension he will get married and have children and remain on the earth for a period of 19 years after his marriage. (Al-Fitan Nuaim bin Hammad).*
Death*
Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him after his return to the Earth for a second time will live for a period of time (some scholars have mentioned 40 years in the light of a hadith which can be found in Abu Daud) and thereafter will die a natural death. The Muslims will perform his Janaza (funeral prayers) and according to the hadith narrated by Abdullah bin Amr in Mishkat he will be buried next to the Holy Prophet Muhammad Peace and blessings be upon him.*

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifed...isa-jesus.html

M.I.A.
10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Lol reminds me of the double slit experiment. Complicated even for scientists.

Although extremely interesting.

...a lot remains of the unseen I suppose.

I have no idea of age, I'm 34 and my time in hospital is accompanied by those twice my age.

Stay in pain long enough and you will take the pills.

Abz2000
10-08-2015, 02:49 PM
aha, the only pill that's gonna work is Islam:

say, truth has come and falsehood neither creates anything new, nor restores anything.

M.I.A.
10-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Lol, mix'd slush is the best slush.

Although it may have been a bloods n crips reference.

:/

...although tron did it best.. It may be a little blasphemous

Abz2000
10-08-2015, 04:03 PM
ironic huh, sometimes the ones being judged go to the witness in order to judge the witness, and end up finding they're the one's being judged, here, i uploaded another grainy vid for ya:

life's a funny thing,
with a million surprises,
life's a funny thing,
when a wise man realizes,
that only a fool would believe he had it aaalll worrrked ooouuuutttt.

M.I.A.
10-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Hmm... I don't have a YouTube account.. You know, the guberment n all :p

Finally a thread rerail..

The world is what you make it really.

The waterboy never has to think about it.

...I'm glad you didn't mention box of chocolates

lonewolf007
10-11-2015, 11:09 PM
hmmm I'm mostly a pessimist, always have been but trying to be more optimistic about things Alhumdulillah :)

Abz2000
10-11-2015, 11:26 PM
muslims for secular democracy,
kafirs for Islamic shariah.
dunno much about history,
dunno much about geography,
dunno much about science books,
dunno much about the french i never took,
but i do know, that you love me,
and i know that if i loved you too
what a wonderful world this would be.
oh what a wonderful world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIcQnCGSyjU

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...s-8661363.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...sh-death-squad

in the world of the totally blind - the one eyed man is king.

BilalKid
10-12-2015, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim007
hmmm I'm mostly a pessimist, always have been but trying to be more optimistic about things Alhumdulillah :)
alhamdulilah. are you the only one who voted pessimist? ;D

BlueOwl358
10-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Honestly, I am neither an optimist, nor a pessimist, because I don't believe in such drastic labels. Things can be divided into two categories, factual, and perceptive. You can't change factual stuff, and have to take it at face value, and for what it really is, regardless of being good or bad, because that is what it is. As for things that are not apparent, I see no point to only use one side, because a real person can analyze the theoretical consequences or benefits of something and accept both as possibilities that can happed by God's will.

As for the glass, it is neither half full nor half empty, it is completely full. Half of it is just air, which no one seems to notice.

Stop looking at all the water, because you can't see half of the reality, and when you can't know the value of the unknown, you take it as a variable such as x, and accept it as that, an unknown quantity, and then accept it, because while we can't always see reality, we can trust that God deals with some karma in his plans.

Pretty neat comic:
https://what-if.xkcd.com/6/

sister herb
10-12-2015, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Another way of putting optimistic or pessimistic perspectives will be to take a glass that's half filled. Half full or half empty is the perspective.
But it depends what there is in the glass. What if it´s something so bitter I don´t like to drink and it´s still half left. Am I then pessimist when I say it´s still half full? Or optimist when I say I am happy when it´s half empty? Or vice versa?

:D

greenhill
10-12-2015, 12:14 PM
I think I got you, @sister herb .

It's all perspective to the person. And you're right to point out about what it is we are optimistic or pessimistic about :D

:peace:

Abz2000
10-12-2015, 03:50 PM
a jewish dude wins the lottery - 50 million pounds,
on his way to the bank looking all gloomy,
a friend sees him on the street and greets him,
you won the lottery didn't ya?
yup.
why so gloomy then?
we'll i've only gotta hand over ten million in taxes now!

a simple villager visits dhaka city for the first time,
sees tall buildings everywhere and stops to count thenumber of floors on the one which appears tallest,
a tout notices that he's a freshie and swaggers up towards him and demands to know what he's doing.
oh i'm just counting the number of stories on that building,
did you know there's a ten taka charge for each floor you count? it's "the law" - how many have you counted?
oh i only counted three,
that'll be thirty takas then,
the villager haggles for a while and then reaches into his pocket and fishes out thirty takas in crumpled notes,
the tout walks off
villager turns around to hide a triumphant grin on his face and says with a smirk, "hah! these foolish townsfolk! i counted 14 and paid for only three!

lonewolf007
10-12-2015, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
alhamdulilah. are you the only one who voted pessimist? ;D
no i havnt voted yet, waiting for more pessimist peeps to come on lol and i did say I'm trying to be an optimist now.............hmmm maybe there should be a both option lol

M.I.A.
11-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Iv changed my mind, pessimist.

Just had a neighbour spend ten minutes telling me how bad naseeb I am.

Alhamdulillah..

As I said to him.

Mahdy
11-12-2015, 04:12 PM
optimist. for better or worse. usually worse. haha

ardianto
11-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Do you want to always optimist in doing an effort?. Know your ability. So you can make realistic target that fit your ability and have spirit to reach it. If you make the target that too high, then you would feel difficult to reach it and begin to pessimist.

Do not make a target that beyond your ability, but always improve your ability, so step by step you can lift up your target higher and higher.

Search
11-14-2015, 06:36 PM
:bism::sl:
Alhamdhullilah, an optimist: I have high hopes and a positive outlook usually, even when the odds are against me (hehe).

Serinity
02-26-2016, 01:21 PM
I began as an optimist, but now I am kinda, a realist.. I do whatever I can do, and leave the rest to Allah.. Wherever I end up. That is my destination. I try my best, and Allah does the rest.

I am fundamentally an optimist, but I act like a realist coupled with pessimism lol. xD

hisnameiszzz
02-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Used to be optimist and always hoped and thought for the best.

But as time went on realism struck. I am no longer optimistic and can't think like that.

Been praying and hoping like mad that Allah helps me in my quest with these beastly neighbours for a long long time. Things go from bad to worse to even worse. Not had a wink of sleep all weekend. So no more optimism from me ever again. Sorry to harp on about the same thing again and again but had to give you an example.

And before anyone says you have to make an effort. I have. Been to view that many houses and flats and none of them are what they are supposed to be. My investment is still not being returned and I get more crazy as each day goes by. Today I even wrote my will go case I end up doing something crazy!!!

Serinity
02-28-2016, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Used to be optimist and always hoped and thought for the best.

But as time went on realism struck. I am no longer optimistic and can't think like that.

Been praying and hoping like mad that Allah helps me in my quest with these beastly neighbours for a long long time. Things go from bad to worse to even worse. Not had a wink of sleep all weekend. So no more optimism from me ever again. Sorry to harp on about the same thing again and again but had to give you an example.

And before anyone says you have to make an effort. I have. Been to view that many houses and flats and none of them are what they are supposed to be. My investment is still not being returned and I get more crazy as each day goes by. Today I even wrote my will go case I end up doing something crazy!!!
Yes, do dua. Now go to their door and say to them "stop the noise!" if they won't respect that, then again... if still.. then go again and say "Come on!" if still......................

yeah I feel ya.

azc
02-29-2016, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I began as an optimist, but now I am kinda, a realist.. I do whatever I can do, and leave the rest to Allah.. Wherever I end up. That is my destination. I try my best, and Allah does the rest. I am fundamentally an optimist, but I act like a realist coupled with pessimism lol. xD
experience speaks a lot

emem
02-29-2016, 11:33 AM
What's naseeb bro? I think that since the dawn of time we're all pessimistic and that if we search for the light deep inside of us we can therefore change the negs to pos and become optimistic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!