Congratulations!

'Abd-al Latif
10-07-2015, 10:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34467289

Errmmm......hmmm..

:heated:

strivingobserver98
10-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Inspiring words from the winner :). Congratulations!

"I’m never gonna put boundaries on myself ever again.

I’m never gonna say I can't do it.

I’m never gonna say 'maybe'.

I’m never gonna say 'I don’t think I can'.

I can and I will."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Celebrimbor
10-09-2015, 08:47 AM
"I'm never gonna hug ghayr mahram/kuffar men in front of hubby, kids and million viewers"

Oops she didn't say that tsk tsk.

IslamicRevival
10-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Not really interested in programme but she did amazingly well, an inspiration indeed.

format_quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor
"I'm never gonna hug ghayr mahram/kuffar men in front of hubby, kids and million viewers"

Oops she didn't say that tsk tsk.
There's always one. :D lighten up. You shouldn't even be watching if that's the case.

Celebrimbor
10-09-2015, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
There's always one. :D lighten up. You shouldn't even be watching if that's the case.
I'd rather be the one stranger than a part of the cattle/flock.

Scimitar
10-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Can't believe she won, she started the series off quite badly, but well done Nadiyah !!! :)

Scimi

umairlooms
10-10-2015, 09:45 AM
i thought that other asian looking guy would win. he was so good

'Abd-al Latif
10-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Not really interested in programme but she did amazingly well, an inspiration indeed.

Did he say something wrong?

M.I.A.
10-10-2015, 03:39 PM
He's right though, if you are two then he is a third and if you are three then he is a fourth..

Maybe it's all a gameshow..

Although he says, there are those that say this is but a game. It is not a game it is a matter of life and death.

Very loosely paraphrased.

Very strange days.

Doubt they would have called her back past the first round if she didn't even shake hands.

Probably.

Lamborghini tomorrow?

Scimitar
10-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Dont be like that - she did the whole show in hijaab.

M.I.A.
10-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Not what I was implying lol.

Hopefully people will pick up on the positives.

IslamicRevival
10-11-2015, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Did he say something wrong?
Why are people so keen on jumping on someone when they make a mistake, forgetting the other 99% of goodness?

lonewolf007
10-11-2015, 11:07 PM
masha'Allah its cool she won, i had a feeling she would, she seems cool and mature and just a nice sister masha'Allah :)

MuslimInshallah
10-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I didn't see this show (I'm not in the UK), but from what I understand, it was a thrilling competition, and a Muslim woman won. Ma sha Allah!

There has been some question as to whether it is correct to talk about the fact that, in her excitement in winning, in front of everyone, the woman hugged some people around her, which included men (sorry if I have the facts incorrectly).

If I have understood the context correctly, I would agree that it is inappropriate to mention her innocent indiscretion. When a woman might touch the Prophet (SAWS) in an innocent way, not only he would not say anything about this, he would not stop her, either. And this, even though as a rule, he did not touch women he was not permitted to. He understood that people may do things without meaning anything wrong. And he would take their intentions into account.

One may find quite a few ahadith mentioning his forbearance, such as the following:

It was narrated that Anas bin Malik said:

“If a female slave among the people of Al-Madinah were to take the hand of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), he would not take his hand away from hers until she had taken him wherever she wanted in Al-Madinah so that her needs may be met.”

حَدَّثَنَا نَصْرُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الصَّمَدِ، وَسَلْمُ بْنُ قُتَيْبَةَ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ زَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ إِنْ كَانَتِ الأَمَةُ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ لَتَأْخُذُ بِيَدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فَمَا يَنْزِعُ يَدَهُ مِنْ يَدِهَا حَتَّى تَذْهَبَ بِهِ حَيْثُ شَاءَتْ مِنَ الْمَدِينَةِ فِي حَاجَتِهَا ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4177
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 4317

(gently) If we start to insinuate things that were not at all intended in a person's behaviour, we may do them a great injustice, such as the injustice that Aisha (RA) suffered when people whispered about her after she came back with a male rescuer out of the desert. It is also a serious sin to accuse a chaste woman.

(gently) And this is why, when we see behaviour which is perhaps not the most cautious, but nevertheless innocent, we should look to the good.

(smile) At least, this is my understanding.

May Allah, the Forgiving, Have Mercy on us when we err.

strivingobserver98
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Surprising how Daily Mail put this on the bottom of the article. I mean why is there a need to mention that?

'Abd-al Latif
10-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Why are people so keen on jumping on someone when they make a mistake, forgetting the other 99% of goodness?
Why are some people so quick to dismiss the hukm of Allah?

Insaanah
10-12-2015, 08:49 PM
:salam:

I wouldn't be surprised by anything in the Daily Mail concerning Muslims. See what their columnist wrote as mentioned in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34479199
So, if you win something, it's due to your talent and well deserved, except if you're a Muslim, in which case you didn't deserve to win, and you only won because the organisers wanted to appease Muslims. But best to ignore the likes of the Daily Mail and Sun though.

Secondly, we shouldn't shy away from discussing any wider issues this raises generally. Hijaab sometimes, is perceived as just being a piece of cloth that covers the hair, rather than including the whole demeanour that should go with it. Sometimes we see heads covered but tight clothes including across the chest, or head covered but other bits bare, or head covered while wearing make up, or head covered while hugging non mahram men etc. All of these people would probably consider themselves as maintaining hijaab. Yes, some may have just started on the path, or be struggling etc and we all need reminders, but this is regarding the issue of hijaab generally.

Hijaab shouldn't just be a physical covering, but also a state, reflected in our behaviour. A bit like ihraam. It's most famous for being two white sheets, but is actually a state you enter into, of which the sheets (for men) are just a part. Perhaps it would be helpful to view hijaab in this way. Some of this might come under the category of hayaa. The two seem intertwined.

And Allah knows best.

strivingobserver98
04-15-2016, 08:30 PM
:sl:

:O

Nadiya Hussain to bake Queen's 90th birthday cake - http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/144...birthday_cake/

noraina
04-15-2016, 09:05 PM
So proud of her, ma'sha'Allah :Emoji2: May Allah bless her and her family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!