/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep at night staying awake

anonymous
10-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Salam.

On somedays I have this problem where I cannot sleep at night. I usually go bed around 4am. Maybe it's because of all the technology. I don't have insomnia, because I can sleep when I want to. Sometimes I even stay up till fajr. I just generally avoid sleeping. I want to aim to sleep at least by 12am Insha Allah. What's the best way to tackle this problem?

May Allah reward you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
10-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Also I'm a very deep sleeper so it's hard for me to get up also. Loud alarms do help however.

anonymous
10-10-2015, 12:26 AM
w/salaam.

I actually struggle with this. I haven't tried this yet, but iA I will, but it's been said that it takes a minimum of 21 days to form a new habit. So maybe being consistent with going to bed early, will allow one to fall asleep earlier and wake up early to pray fajr and go about their day. I seriously think the secret to a better life is waking up early and going to bed early. But unfortunately so many of us struggle with this.

greenhill
10-10-2015, 06:38 AM
I find sleep is a discipline. Very easy to disrupt.

If I consistently forced myself up for fajr and don't go back to sleep after, after a few days I will start to feel tired by evening enough to fall asleep and wake up for fajr without much fuss. The trick is to get to sleep again early when evening comes when you start to feel sleepy and not to stay awake because it feels early. Once you passed the sleepy phase then you are back to square one again because the 'sleepy' window has passed and you are back to not being able to sleep again.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
10-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

If you are struggling to sleep the best thing to do is tire yourself out with excercise. Of course, don't forget to read your salaah in sha Allah but, do lots of cardio and weights and in sha Allah, your body will automatically want to go to sleep as soon as you lie down in sha Allah.

The next day carry on with your workout but reduce it a little and in sha Allah, you will fall asleep when it's time to go to sleep.

& in sha Allah this will become your routine and you'll sleep around the same time every night in sha Allah.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on in sha Allah.

shafat10
10-10-2015, 08:57 PM
No offence but consider using electronic devices less. :v.

From a scientific perspective, don't watch TV or use any electronic device 1 hour before you go to bed.

Try sleeping early and getting up early, it's the Sunnah of the Prophet, so staying up whole night and sleeping whole day is a disrespect to the teachings of the Prophet and is against the Sunnah too.

Consider keeping your mobile away from you. Should you have your electronic devices near, you will always want to use them.

So just go to bed, close your eyes and you will definitely fall asleep. And try waking up early. Change the pattern for good.

And worry less, those who worry a lot, they can't sleep well.

Remember, whatever happens in the life of a true believer, it's for good. Allah says in the Quran that you may like a thing which is bad for you and you may hate a thing which is good for you, Allah knows but you don't know.

Hence don't at all worry, everything is going to be fine soon Inshallah.

Hope this helps.

BlueOwl358
10-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Gonna give a suggestion if you use a laptop or phone at night. Get some software, specifically F.Lux, it will help you sleep better. Not saying you should use them more or anything, but it helps if you can't stay away. It changes the temperature of the screen, to an orange appearance. Basically removes the glaring lights that disturb people's sleeps so much, and makes the screen not have any effect on your sleep. It's free of course, and great if I might add. Even better, get orange sleeping glasses. Scientifically speaking, blue screen lights reduces production of melatonin, the hormone that helps you fall asleep. The new lighting will remove that factor.

Scimitar
10-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Assalaam alaikum anonymous.

I'm having this same problem with a brother who cannot get up on time and sleeps late into the afternoon. We have projects to work on and sice April, the problem has been getting worse.

Early bird gets the worm - the rest squabble for scraps.

I'm considering closing our professional relationship because of his laziness and incompetence.

Scimi

رحمه
10-14-2015, 06:05 PM
:wa:

دعاء الارق

اللهم غارت النجوم ،وهدأت العيون،وأنت حيٌ قيوم لا تأخذك سنة ولا نوم،ياحي ياقيوم، أهدئ ليلي، وأنم عيني

Doaa Insomnia
Say
alllahumm gharat alnnujum ,wahadd'at aleywn,want hy qyum la takhudhuk sinatan wala nwm,yahy yaqywm, 'uhdi lyly, wanm eayni

Also

Drink fenugreek with milk Make a good sleep
Or
Smelled lavender oil is very helpful in relaxation and good sleep

anonymous
10-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Thank you for all the replies it helped. What about getting up in the morning? I use alarm but it some occasions it doesn't work. I'm a heavy deep sleeper.

shafat10
10-18-2015, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Thank you for all the replies it helped. What about getting up in the morning? I use alarm but it some occasions it doesn't work. I'm a heavy deep sleeper.
Increase alarm sound level and keep it away from you so that to close it, you need to get up from bed.

Works for me, try it out.

Plus, consider using your phone ringtone as your alarm tone ;), alertness reloaded :D.

BeTheChange
10-18-2015, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Asalamualykum,

Don't make your bed too comfortable.

In sha Allah, it'll be easier to get up & recite Auzu bilahi minash shaytaan-nirajieem.

Follow the Sunnah act of waking up.

shafat10
10-18-2015, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

In sha Allah, it'll be easier to get up & recite Auzu bilahi minash shaytaan-nirajieem.

Follow the Sunnah act of waking up.
Sorry but why wouldn't you make your bed comfortable?

Having an uncomfortable bed will not help you fall asleep in the first place, which is his major problem, secondly, from a scientific perspective, you may have back aches, and problems in your neck, shoulder, hips and what not.

So yah, can you explain why an uncomfortable bed? :/

anonymous
10-18-2015, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
I'm going to sleep on the sofa sometimes instead, much easier to get up. Shafat10 comfortable bed can lead to excess sleep from my experience.

format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
Increase alarm sound level and keep it away from you so that to close it, you need to get up from bed.

Works for me, try it out.

Plus, consider using your phone ringtone as your alarm tone ;), alertness reloaded .
Will try and get a louder alarm, thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!