/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ex-atheist new convert now losing imaan

Arjuno
10-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Assalamwalaikum,
I've been atheist all my life, and Alhamdulillah I converted to Islam over 2 years ago, while I was living in muslim country. Since I moved to an european country, back with my family and friends (all them atheists), I've experienced a big decrease of my iman. But that's not big a reason. Living in non-muslim country, with non-muslim family is not easy, but should not be that important because I think the truly Imaan is inside a person, and not depending of the surrounding situation.
In the last year, my average of prayers is 1 per day, I hardly try to learn arabic, I almost don't know any dua'as and I only know 5 surats. But it's not all negative, I joined islamic online university and I try to learn about tawheed, tafseer and other basics of Islam. I've been trying a lot of things to be strong, but they are not working.
I'm very scared to think if I'm still a real muslim. How can I say "la ilaha illa Allah" and then pray only 1 time a day? I know prayer is the most important act of worship, but if I'm not doing it, is because inside me I don't really fear the words of Allah. And I guess that makes me an unbeliever.
I deeply don't want to be in this situation, but it's been so long and I can't continue like this anymore.
Any advice?
Baraka lahu fik

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
10-11-2015, 03:59 PM
:wa:

it's important to mix with religious persons and live in an Islamic environment to strengthen faith . Is it possible for u to go to your local mosque / Islamic center ? If they have any activities for new muslims , u may join there .

Try to offer salat regularly and ask Allah to make prayer easy for u .

Scimitar
10-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Assalaam alaikum brother Arjuno

Don't beat yourself up about it brother. Imaan wavers - it goes up and down, but if we remain vigilant our intentions and attempt to support those with action then over time, it gets better.

Brother, you are atleast keeping one prayer per day - that is a start. And as a non Arabic speaking person, learning on your own, I think you are doing ok - you even joined an online study programme. Your intentions are clearly good.

Some good news brother - never despair in the hope of Allah's mercy, between hope and fear of Allah, Allah grants us that which we hope for and saves us from that we fear. You know 5 surah's, and that is a a good start my brother... You can maybe learn another 2 over the coming 12 months? The shorter surahs are easier.

Speak soon my brother,

Scimi

OmAbdullah
10-11-2015, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arjuno
Assalamwalaikum,
I've been atheist all my life, and Alhamdulillah I converted to Islam over 2 years ago, while I was living in muslim country. Since I moved to an european country, back with my family and friends (all them atheists), I've experienced a big decrease of my iman. But that's not big a reason. Living in non-muslim country, with non-muslim family is not easy, but should not be that important because I think the truly Imaan is inside a person, and not depending of the surrounding situation.
In the last year, my average of prayers is 1 per day, I hardly try to learn arabic, I almost don't know any dua'as and I only know 5 surats. But it's not all negative, I joined islamic online university and I try to learn about tawheed, tafseer and other basics of Islam. I've been trying a lot of things to be strong, but they are not working.
I'm very scared to think if I'm still a real muslim. How can I say "la ilaha illa Allah" and then pray only 1 time a day? I know prayer is the most important act of worship, but if I'm not doing it, is because inside me I don't really fear the words of Allah. And I guess that makes me an unbeliever.
I deeply don't want to be in this situation, but it's been so long and I can't continue like this anymore.
Any advice?
Baraka lahu fik
Assamo alaikum,

The advice of Muslim Woman in post 2 is very good and sincere for you. You must make 5 salaat (obligatory prayers ) every day. Without 5 prayers a person becomes kafir. With one prayer a day a Muslim is like faasiq and a faasiq will be in Hell forever. See the translation of the verses 18--21 of surah Al-Sijdah (read as As-Sijdah) for the punishment of faasiq. A faasiq is a person who has the Muslim belief and therefore is called a Muslim but he/she doesn't practice The obligatory rituals of Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
10-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Asalamualykum,

Am sorry to read and hear you feel your emaan is weak.

By making this thread and reaching our for help or advice Alhamdulilah, it clearly shows you have emaan and you are concerned about your spiritual health.

Just something i want to pick up on if you don't mind. You said your surroundings bear no significance or little significance on an indiviual as emaan is in the heart. Your absolutely correct emaan is in our heart and emaan is shown through our character, actions, thoughts and words etc.

However your surrounding, your company and your friends play a HUGE role in the person you are today. You may think that they don't but you only notice the habits and customs that you've picked up through your company if a) someone points them out to you or B) If you visit another family with different values and customs then you question your own.

The words of our Prophet SAW are worth more than gold because they protect us from seen and unseen harm.

In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend."(1). The person most noble in character and dealings with fellow humans gave us a very clear message and advice in regard to friendship. We should choose the friend that is satisfied with our Deen and avoid the friend that is displeased with it. Whoever we see and are pleased with his Deen, we should befriend him and whoever we are displeased with his Deen and his manners, we ought to avoid him. There is no good in the companion who does not wish for us (from good) what he wishes for himself. There is also no good in the companion who wishes for us what he wishes for himself, if what he likes for his own soul is leading him towards destruction and Hellfire.

Please visit this website if you wish to read more; http://kalamullah.com/family04.html

Also the above website offers free islamic literature, e-books, articles and videos.

Make an intention to read an article a day or read an e-book etc.

Honestly, you've entered such a beautiful beautiful religion which teaches us so much about every aspect of life. Don't give up now. Make friends with a practising Muslim, make an effort to go to the masjid and in sha Allah, your faith will be renewed and will grow from strength to strength.

You know, we ALL need reminders. Whether we're newly converts or whether we're born as Muslims Alhamdulilah. The shaytaan knows us all too well. He has billions andd billions of experience behind him and he starts with the so-called small acts and then he moves on to the big acts. Eventually, one can leave their religion - May Allah swt protect us all from all evil Ameen.

Start with the faraz (compulsory acts) and then try and do sunnah. Always think Allah swt is watching you and you wish to please HIM alone. In sha Allah.

Allah swt will test the believers again and again. It states in the Quran, after we believe, do not think we won't be tested. Of course we will be tested and be proud and happy that Allah swt has chosen you over the billions and billions of people there are in this world.

Try and visit this forum every so often and read up about Islam. Do something which will bring you closer to Allah swt. In sha Allah.

May Allah swt protect you and lift your emaan Ameen.

Arjuno
10-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Thank you to all brother and sisters, actually I felt I was like blocked, and once I break that blocking is very easy to do anything. I ask Allah to keep me on the righteous path, and also for you all to fulfill your goals.
I will definetly be around the forum daily InshaAllah.
Baraka lahu fik

Abz2000
10-13-2015, 12:52 PM
wa'alaikumassalam wa rahmat Allahi wa barakaatu,

Abu Musa reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,
“The parable of a good friend and a bad friend is that of a seller of musk and a blacksmith.
The seller of musk will give you some perfume, you will buy some, or you will notice a good smell.
As for the blacksmith, he will burn your clothes or you will notice a bad smell.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 1995, Sahih Muslim 2628
Grade:*Muttafaqun Alayhi*(authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏*إِنَّمَا مَثَلُ الْجَلِيسِ الصَّالِحِ وَالْجَلِيسِ السَّوْءِ كَحَامِلِ الْمِسْكِ وَنَافِخِ الْكِيرِ فَحَامِلُ الْمِسْكِ إِمَّا أَنْ يُحْذِيَكَ وَإِمَّا أَنْ تَبْتَاعَ مِنْهُ وَإِمَّا أَنْ تَجِدَ مِنْهُ رِيحًا طَيِّبَةً وَنَافِخُ الْكِيرِ إِمَّا أَنْ يُحْرِقَ ثِيَابَكَ وَإِمَّا أَنْ تَجِدَ رِيحًا خَبِيثَ
ةً1995 صحيح البخاري كتاب البيوع باب في العطار وبيع المسك
2628 صحيح مسلم كِتَاب الْبِرِّ وَالصِّلَةِ وَالْآدَابِ بَاب اسْتِحْبَابِ مُجَالَسَةِ الصَّالِحِينَ وَمُجَانَبَةِ قُرَنَاءِ السُّوءِ

the human being is a social creature and can sometimes fall into the trap of assimilating or mimicking his misguided peers even if he/she is upon a solid foundation, however, the more one learns and tries to find the correct critereon - the more immune they become to malware attacks.
check out some youtube videos of converts and if possible, go to the local Islamic events and give your own revert story speech, you'll be helping yourself and others for Allah's sake.
works a bit like AA and NA meetings.

also see this:

and this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opu3KzMakfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY0h1LnAv8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7kYPBG_8Q

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!