/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational simple Nikah story

strivingobserver98
08-28-2015, 03:16 PM
:sl:

Some wait until a degree to get married. Or a 100k job with house and fancy car to get married. But this brother got married just with £300 pounds in the bank subhan Allah. Read his story below, see how it simple it can be :)?

So here it goes.. When I was planning on getting married I had in the bank a grand total of £300. The fee to get married (for the Imaam in ELM to do the nikaah) £100.. that leaves me with £200.

The dowry was agreed by my wife at £200 but the Imaam insisted on the day that I raise it to £500... so agreed (but it was to be paid at a later date)

I got married in East London Mosque... which was attended by around 20 males and 15 women (friends and close relatives). After the Nikaah (which was done in the prayer hall) was done... All the women (mum nani sisters aunties went to Maaidah grill booked a cubicle and munched on a few platters)

All the (20) men went to my good friend Shuaib Rahman house behind ELM.. where we all sat on the floor in his living room and ate curry and rice which was prepared by my good friend Abdul Wadud. After that we drink tea, had a laugh then went home around Asr time (nikaah was done after Zuhr salah).. The day was done... The next day I checked my bank balance still had £200... alhamdulilah

I did not wear no fancy clothing, no turban no Aladin shoes... Just my black thobe..No hall was booked no limo was rented... I gave my wife no jewellery... Nothing. All I had was me (lol) and my small studio flat. Oh I forgot to mention I was jobless.. P.s My wife later waved the £500 dowry.

As broke as me and my wife was ... alhamdulilah it didn't matter at all... and what we have now... SubhaanAllah Only Allah has account of what he has given us since... I would tell you but I don't want no hasad coming my way

I feel sooo sorry our young Muslim brothers and sisters when I hear about their situation and the pressure their parents put them through. It a real tragedy in my view.

P.s This post is not a dig at those who spend Thousands on their weddings. IF you got it Alhamdulilah but if you ain't I'm here to let you know you CAN have a special day without breaking the bank... Remember it is YOU and your wife's special day.. If your happy then I promise you those who wish good for you will be happy even if you only fed them dry dates and milk at the feast.

The Messenger of Allah said: “The most blessed wedding (nikah) is the one with the least expenses.” (al-Bayhaqi)

By Eftekar Saaleh
May Allah bless him and his family. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mariam.adrish
08-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Way to Nikah Blessings:
The word Nikah means to get together and to involve. Hence, Nikah is completed by the common agreement of partners that is to agree to accept them as husband and wife for the whole life.
#contract, #husband, #islam, #Mehr, #nikah, #waytonikah, #wife, #marriage

*charisma*
10-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Have you heard the story about the wife who asked for a Surah as her mahr?

Mr.President
10-14-2015, 04:37 PM
I have no words ...... [emoji25] [emoji26] [emoji24]
Trying to get married but my parents

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
10-14-2015, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Have you heard the story about the wife who asked for a Surah as her mahr?
:wa:

Yes alhamdulilah, I heard it on a lecture by Shaykh Hasan Ali. Beautiful hadith :thumbs_up.

Is it this one?

Sahl ibn Sa’d reported: I was with people in the presence of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, with a woman stood up and she said,

“O Messenger of Allah, she has given herself in marriage to you, so what is your opinion?”

He did not give a reply. She again stood up and she said,

“O Messenger of Allah, she has given herself to you, so give your opinion of her.”

He again did not reply. She stood up a third time and she said,

“She has given herself in marriage to you, so what is your opinion of her?”

A man stood up and he said, “O Messenger of Allah, marry her to me.”

The Prophet said, “Do you have anything for dowry?”

He said, “No.”

The Prophet said, “Go find something, even an iron ring.”

So he went and looked until he came back and he said, “I could not find anything, even an iron ring.”

The Prophet said, “Have you learned something from the Quran?”

He said, “Yes, I know chapter such-and-such.”

The Prophet said, “Go, for I have married you both with what you have learned from the Quran.”

[Sahih Bukhari 4854]

lonewolf007
10-14-2015, 09:31 PM
subhan'Allah beautiful inspiring story.............i really wish i can have a beautiful simple wedding, without the cultural baggage, cuz most desi wedding mix it with hindu rituals and go against the teachings of islam...........may Allah protect us from bid'ah Ameen

cultural islam, i see peeps doing this all the time............saddens me so much, because islam is perfect and simple and because of culture and society etc, we've complicated things for ourselves and well its just sad times

no offense to anyone on here I'm just saying in general from what I've personally seen and heard myself in the asian culture

*charisma*
10-14-2015, 10:15 PM
Mashallah you got the hadith. This is the one I heard:

The following story was related by Hiba Ammar:

“When my father proposed to my mother, he dedicated Surah Al-Imran, which he memorized off heart, as her “Mahr” (dowry). And when my husband proposed to me, my father told him that he would have to memorize a Surah of the Quran as my mahr. The wedding will not go on unless I’ve received my mahr I was asked to pick one of the surahs. I chose Surah Al-Noor. For all the laws that Surah contained within it and for the fact that it seemed hard to memorize on my behalf.
And before our wedding day; aside of being busy preparing for our “Newly wedded Nest”, the Quran wouldn’t leave my husband’s hand an entire month as he was memorizing the Surah.

A few days before our wedding day, my husband came to recite to my father the Surah which he had completed. My father told him every time u make a mistake, you would have to start from the beginning all over again.

My husband began reciting Surah Al-Noor with his calm/gentle voice in such a “beautiful” scene which I will never forget. My mother and I would look at one another and would smile awaiting my husband to make a mistake so he would have to start all over again and by that increase my “Reward”.

But my husband – May Allah bless him – had memorized the Surah off by heart and didn’t even forget one single verse of it. Once he finished my father hugged him and said to him: “Today I shall marry my daughter to you, for you have fulfilled her mahr and your pledge to me..”

He didn’t pay me a financial mahr, and we didn’t buy gold worth tens of thousands. He sufficed me with Allah’s words as an oath/ contract between us. And the Question is…. I wonder what Surah my daughter will chose as her mahr in the future?”

Celebrimbor
10-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Ain't gon' happen in reality. If it did, its soo very freaking rare that it might not even happen.

*charisma*
10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Celebrimbor
Ain't gon' happen in reality. If it did, its soo very freaking rare that it might not even happen.
You're right, it might be rare, but it happens, with Allah's will it happens.

People don't realize the power of du'a. It's only during turmoil that they will call on Allah. Even if you don't plan on getting married, you should still make du'a for Allah to send you someone He loves, not just whom you love. So to say that a woman will not ask for such an extravagant mahr is indeed rare, but it is just as rare for a man to ask Allah for a woman who is dearly beloved by Allah, regardless of what his own taste is in women. All I know is people often say "I want, I want, I want, Oh allah please grant me someone who is like this and this." Nothing is wrong with that, but in all reality to be happy with someone who will not burden you with extravagant wishes is to be happy with anyone who's heart truly belongs to Allah, regardless of what they look like or where they come from, and that also requires a lot of love and trust towards Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. So we should also ask for Allah to increase our love for those whom He graciously sends our way and to increase our iman so we too are worthy of such a person.

M.I.A.
10-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Very nice stories mashallah, I remember the surah I read at my nikah.. Repeated after the imam that conducted the ceremony.

Alhamdulillah, it is nice to know where the practice comes from.

Celebrimbor
10-15-2015, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
People don't realize the power of du'a. It's only during turmoil that they will call on Allah. Even if you don't plan on getting married, you should still make du'a for Allah to send you someone He loves, not just whom you love. So to say that a woman will not ask for such an extravagant mahr is indeed rare, but it is just as rare for a man to ask Allah for a woman who is dearly beloved by Allah, regardless of what his own taste is in women. All I know is people often say "I want, I want, I want, Oh allah please grant me someone who is like this and this." Nothing is wrong with that, but in all reality to be happy with someone who will not burden you with extravagant wishes is to be happy with anyone who's heart truly belongs to Allah, regardless of what they look like or where they come from, and that also requires a lot of love and trust towards Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. So we should also ask for Allah to increase our love for those whom He graciously sends our way and to increase our iman so we too are worthy of such a person.
Masha'Allah wonderful. That's is an excellent perspective.

Thanks.

BeTheChange
10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Alhamdulilah it happens and when it does happen your heart is filled with great happiness.

Alhamdulilah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!