anonymous
10-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Is this statement is true?

"You will treat your future wife like you treat your mother"

Was this the case in your experience?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-15-2015, 10:17 AM
I think that it would be better to say that you will treat your future wife like you have seen your father treats your mother. People learn at home how to treat others in home. I have seen in many times how someone comes from the family where father has abused his wife and then kids have learnt that this kind of way to behave is "normal" and continue same in their own marriages. This happens with both, males and females. For example one my female friend grew up in family where hers father hit his wife and she learnt to think its normal life and married with man who abused her too and she let it happen. It took years to make her understands that kind of behaving from husband is not right or "normal family life".

shafat10
10-15-2015, 06:03 PM
There's a lot of difference between your mother and spouse.

You might want to rephrase the statement and say "you will treat your wife like you want your daughter to be treated", that makes more sense to me.

Ali K. Altaee
10-16-2015, 06:59 AM
How about "You will treat your wife like how you want to be treated."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-16-2015, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali K. Altaee
How about "You will treat your wife like how you want to be treated."
That would to be ideal but unfortunately some people treat others very badly. I donĀ“t think that they then wish to become treated by the same way.

aamuslim
10-17-2015, 06:52 AM
None of the statements mentioned can be true nor applicable to every individual, as each individuals' condition varies. You need a balance in everything, so if you are a person who understands the rights of people and have a balance in regards to giving each person their rights or in your dealings with them, then you will treat everyone well.

But when the above is not the case, that's when you hear of people who are good to their wives but not to their parents, or you have people who are good to their parents but not to their wives, etc.

ardianto
01-01-2016, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Is this statement is true?

"You will treat your future wife like you treat your mother"

Was this the case in your experience?
This statement actually is reminder for the boys to treat their mothers well. The message behind this statement is "If you cannot treat your mother well, then in the future you will not become a man who can treat your wife well. But if you can treat your mother well, then in the future you will become a good man who can treat your wife well".

So, is this statement true?. You know the answer. :)

hisnameiszzz
01-01-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't agree with this at all.

My friend was extremely mean to his Mom and treated her like rubbish. His wife is an alpha female and makes him worship the ground she walks on. She has him right under her thumb.

Same with my Uncle. Used to make my Nana run around after him like his own personal slave. His wife now treats him like her own personal slave. LOL.

My brother was not mean to my Mom, but he was quite awkward when he lived with us. He wouldn't eat vegetables or lentils and insisted she cooked meat for him if she made vegetables or lentils. His wife makes him eat whatever is on the plate, and it's mainly vegetables and lentils. Plus he is now an unofficial housewife, which he would never have done back when he was still with us.

azc
01-23-2016, 10:06 AM
No. It's wrong

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!