/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT)

BeTheChange
10-15-2015, 07:35 PM

Asalamualykum,

This thread is focusing on islamic appeals which is ran by Ummah Welfare Trust (UMT).

Am sure most people are aware or know of this charity but, for those that don't, in sha Allah, you'll be able to do your research by visiting the link below.

The best policy of this charity is simply the fact, that they can guarantee every single penny of your donation will go the cause that you want. In sha Allah.

This post focus is on;

Yemen Crisis Appeal

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:

'The people of Yemen have the most tender of hearts and softest of souls; and they are the most obedient (in the worship of Allah).' (Musnad Ahmad)

Yemen is one of the world's poorest and least developed nations. Traditionally neglected, almost half the country's residents are malnourished and have no access to clean water.

Like much of the Middle East, the country suffered huge political instability following the Arab Spring in 2011. Nationwide protests led to civil strife and an eventual government coup.

Events however continue to unfold. The beginning of aerial strikes and an escalation in fighting are now pushing the country towards total collapse. An estimated 15 million people - almost two-thirds of the population - need humanitarian assistance.

Ummah Welfare Trust has launched its first ever appeal for suffering families in Yemen, the land of Imaanand hikmah. Through local partners on the ground, the charity has identified thousands of displaced families around Sana'a, the country's capital, who need urgent food assistance.
You can support one family with a food pack for just £50.
This amount will provide them with staples of flour, rice, lentils, sugar and oil.

Women and children in Yemen today are displaced and hungry. It is our duty to come to their aid and support them with that which Allah has granted us.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:

'Indeed the Ash'ariyeen (a tribe of Yemen), when their food finished in battle or the food of one their families decreased, would gather whatever they had in one cloth and distribute it evenly amongst themselves. They are from me and I am from them.' (Sahih Muslim)

Donate your Zakah, Sadaqah and Lillah today.

Please visit: http://www.uwt.org/site/appeal.asp?id=1269

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-15-2015, 08:44 PM
UWT is only a bus ride away from me :)

Scimi

strivingobserver98
10-15-2015, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
UWT is only a bus ride away from me :)

Scimi
Oh is their main office in London?

Masha Allah that's great, very easy for you to donate :).

Scimitar
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Forest gate / Manor Park in East London, yes. I used to go past it every day on my way to the office - but now my office is in my house :)

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu_Zaidah
02-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Alhamdulillah, UWT do great work.

May Allah bless them and make it easy, ameen.

BeTheChange
03-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Besieged Syria Appeal

The denial of food has become a brutal weapon in Syria's war. Prolonged sieges are leaving thousands of residents in contested areas facing starvation, and a slow death.

Residents in Ghouta, Mouadhamiyah, Yarmouk, and recently Madaya, have been encircled and denied food and medicines. They are being punished with hunger.

At least 13 areas across the country are suffering under blockades. Prices of food staples have shot up as much as 500% in turn, forcing desperate families to resort to grass and leaves to survive.

'Give in charity even if it be one date, as this will stop the hunger of the hungry person; and will extinguish sin the way water extinguishes fire.'

Al Zuhd, Ibn al Mubarak

Ummah Welfare Trust, through local partners and networks, is moving to purchase food and deliver it, though slowly, to hungry families in besieged areas across Syria.

An emergency appeal has been launched for funds.
Syria's children cannot sleep due to the pangs of hunger. Donate you what you can therefore and soothe their cries this winter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!