/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubtful about Islam

Qalifah
10-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Salam everyone.

I have a friend who asks me questions about Islam and I usually answer them if I can. This time he sent me a link and says he is doubting Islam because of the things written in here. I have school and work so I don't have a lot of time and I am not knowledgeable in some of the things mentioned here. I do not want to be part of the reason he leaves Islam so I wanted to ask for help from anyone who is willing.

I would appreciate if anyone could explain the reasoning of the things mentioned in the provided link, or point out any errors the authors of the site have made.
Since I can not post a link, if you google search --- it should be the first one.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shafat10
10-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Consider telling us what it's basically about so we can get an idea?

aflawedbeing
10-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I didn't really read (as I ahve to leave for work shortly), but it seems to be absolute Christian propaganda garbage.

I'm not posting the link, as I do not want to be responsible for that reprehensible site getting any clicks from well intentioned brothers or sisters.

Here's an excerpt, comparatively tame as well.
Sharia prescribes a complete way of life for the Muslim (social, cultural, religious, military, and political). It governs the Muslim’s life from the cradle to the grave. Muslims live in bondage to Sharia. It is a brutally repressive totalitarian legal code imposed on the people in the name of the Islamic god. By the beginning of 900 AD, Sharia became rigidly and inflexibly fixed, and set in its final mold. It is absolute, immutable and stagnant. It cannot be amended to conform to changing human values, standards and needs, because Islamists believe that it is divinely inspired and valid for all times and places.
Subhan'Allah. So not only to they make crazy statements about Sharia, along side they decided that 'values change' and 'God's law is no longer applicable.'

Qalifah, your concern for your friend is right in one manner as he is currently being sucked in by a flimsy (at best) anti-Islamic conversion campaign a Christian group have put together.
Though, at the same time, it seems your friend doesn't take much convincing...

There is no way your friend was the most knowledgable Muslim (not that I am either) before finding this site, correct?
Send him onto the forums with us insha'Allah. :) Give him sites of benefit.

Muhammad
10-18-2015, 01:03 PM
:wasalamex Qalifah,

Welcome to the forum. As the brother above mentioned, the website is simply an anti-Islamic article saying ignorant things about Islam, and there are numerous others like it floating on the internet. Your friend shouldn't be visiting such websites in the first place, especially if he has weak eemaan. He should be learning about Islam from a teacher/person of knowledge in a proper manner. If he does this, he wouldn't be having doubts.

I removed the link description from your post to avoid promoting it. The link seemed to be about the status of women in Islam. You can find refutations to the allegations made there in this link: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1550563

But remember, this is not a substitute for true study of Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
10-18-2015, 11:18 PM
A person with a little bit of "knowledge" can easily fool someone who has little or none at all. I say "knowledge" because these people aren't truly knowledgable, all they have is a little bit of information and they use it to fool others. The problem is when people, often times out of their ego, over estimate their own level of knowledge and think that they would be able to tell if such sites are trying to mislead.

Sorrow Embrace
10-25-2015, 10:02 PM
it can go both ways
it is exactly those sites " anti-islamic " sites mainly christians
that encouraged me to study and know how to counter their claims
but also if person is lazy and didn't make effort to actually study and counter those claims
that person will drown in ocean of lies these sites say
and trust me all they say is lie all you need is bit research to know it

sometimes all you need is rest of verse to know they're lying
like they post things from such as " fight them " disregarding " if they fought you "

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!