/* */

PDA

View Full Version : solve this islamic riddle!

BilalKid
10-18-2015, 01:41 AM
What is Haraam, but when swallowed loved by Allah?

^o)

..no cheating

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
10-18-2015, 02:15 AM
Pride?

popsthebuilder
10-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Greed. It can consume all with no regard of from which it came.

Hulk
10-18-2015, 11:41 PM
I find the two responses interesting

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
popsthebuilder
10-19-2015, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I find the two responses interesting
Greed is the cause of all sin.
The second part of the riddle doesn't read correctly to me.

BilalKid
10-19-2015, 01:06 AM
answer is ..

:omg:

pride.

popsthebuilder
10-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Pride comes from greed.

BilalKid
10-20-2015, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
Pride comes from greed.
did not know that :shade:

Snow
10-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Pride comes from greed.
Is that strictly true?
Lets say that you are proud of someone.
Does that apply?

popsthebuilder
10-21-2015, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Is that strictly true?
Lets say that you are proud of someone.
Does that apply?
Children and the work and or knowledge are things that you can be proud of. However, even with these, pride can lead to a mindset of privilege either of others(children) or self( through knowledge given by God, as all is).
Pride can lead to clouding of judgement and misguided direction that is not under God. All these things are from greed. We must be meek and humble to attain and use the things given to us by God for God's cause and direction.

Snow
10-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Children and the work and or knowledge are things that you can be proud of. However, even with these, pride can lead to a mindset of privilege either of others(children) or self( through knowledge given by God, as all is).
Pride can lead to clouding of judgement and misguided direction that is not under God. All these things are from greed. We must be meek and humble to attain and use the things given to us by God for God's cause and direction.
The definition of greed is self centered.
Pride can be used with other people.

popsthebuilder
10-22-2015, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
The definition of greed is self centered.
Pride can be used with other people.
Good point. I definitely meant pride in a personal sense I guess. Pride can skew judgement, unless it is directed towards God, as praise and thanks, ultimately.

Scimitar
10-24-2015, 02:48 PM
A word I know,
six letters it contains,
subtract just one,
and twelve you'll find, remain...

... what is the word?

:)

Scimi

Scimitar
10-24-2015, 02:51 PM
A man sat in his tent, when his camel complained that it was too cold and asked if it could lay its head in the tent to keep warm - the manr obliged.

Minutes passed and the camel once again spoke, telling its owner that if it could put some of its torso in the tent it will be warmer... once again the man obliged.

Minutes passed again and the camel asked if it could bring its hind legs in too, to keep warmer as the night was getting colder, so the man obliged once again.

Now, the tent became cramped and the camel pushed the owner out.

Who is the camel?

Scimi

strivingobserver98
10-24-2015, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Who is the camel?
This is difficult. Can you give us a clue? :D.

Will the answer be a person? An animal? An object?

popsthebuilder
10-24-2015, 04:19 PM
A word I know,
six letters it contains,
subtract just one,

... what is the word?

Scimi
You got me on that one.😊

popsthebuilder
10-24-2015, 04:20 PM
A man sat in his tent, when his camel complained that it was too cold and asked if it could lay its head in the tent to keep warm - the manr obliged.

Minutes passed and the camel once again spoke, telling its owner that if it could put some of its torso in the tent it will be warmer... once again the man obliged.

Minutes passed again and the camel asked if it could bring its hind legs in too, to keep warmer as the night was getting colder, so the man obliged once again.

Who is the camel?

Scimi
Greed and, or the wants of he flesh of man seem to fit this one again. Want grows with acquisition.

Scimitar
10-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Almost there pops... it's all about acquisition... getting close.

Clue: the who can also be a what.

Clue: it is not a human nor animal.

Scimi

MidnightRose
10-24-2015, 05:27 PM
A word I know,
six letters it contains,
subtract just one,

... what is the word?

Scimi
Is it dozen?

BlueOwl358
10-24-2015, 05:28 PM
A word I know,
six letters it contains,
subtract just one,

... what is the word?

Scimi
Dozens? It is a six lettered word, and when you remove one letter, there are twelve. It was confusing as to twelve what. It has to be a word that has the same meaning as twelve, and dozen is that word.

Dozens minus the letter s, results in twelve.

MidnightRose
10-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Who is the camel?

Scimi
Based on your clues, I'm thinking it's shaytan.

Scimitar
10-24-2015, 10:13 PM
nope :)

Scimitar
10-24-2015, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
Is it dozen?
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
Dozens? It is a six lettered word, and when you remove one letter, there are twelve. It was confusing as to twelve what. It has to be a word that has the same meaning as twelve, and dozen is that word.

Dozens minus the letter s, results in twelve.
Well done both of you :)

...still trying to figure out what the camel is eh? :) Another clue then: It's an Arab riddle.

greenhill
10-25-2015, 05:48 AM
Pride comes from greed.
Not in agreement.

Pride is the reason for the fall of Satan, not greed.. so much so that he cannot swallow it and seek forgiveness ALTHOUGH he knows where that will lead him.

:peace:

greenhill
10-25-2015, 05:50 AM

Who is the camel?

Scimi

Nafs?

popsthebuilder
10-25-2015, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Not in agreement.

Pride is the reason for the fall of Satan, not greed.. so much so that he cannot swallow it and seek forgiveness ALTHOUGH he knows where that will lead him.

[emoji14]eace:
He wanted to be regarded as better than man made of clay. This is greed. Pride comes from greed.

greenhill
10-25-2015, 10:25 AM
:D I still beg to differ. Greed is not relevant in this case. Ego is separate from greed.

Scimitar
10-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Nafs?

No.

Ok here is the answer: The Camel is Israel.

Obvious now when you think about it, the analogy fits perfectly.

In each stage you can see the camel asking for another part of its body to move into the tent.

Scimi

greenhill
10-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Brilliant! ;D

Ha ha

popsthebuilder
10-25-2015, 04:58 PM
:D I still beg to differ. Greed is not relevant in this case. Ego is separate from greed.

[emoji14]eace:
Peace to you as well.

AhmedGassama
10-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Yes i agree with you
It must be DOZENS

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!