/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Innovative simple Mosque design

strivingobserver98
10-23-2015, 07:48 PM
:sl:

I was looking through Masjids and this caught my eye immediately. Subhan Allah look how simple this is. Beautiful Masjid Masha Allah!

11056568 1100168746684262 1246952386277231356 n?oha98a2eaef687ed3186a9c2e5e7801b35&ampoe56C92133 -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
10-24-2015, 01:10 AM
whats it made of??

Alpha Dude
10-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

It's a nice concept. I like it. Although, seems quite like a cage. Would have been better if the outer material was something else than what looks like a wire mesh.

I think all mosques should be simple in design and eschew extravagance. The money saved can be spent on something that's actually useful like helping the poor with charity etc.

strivingobserver98
10-24-2015, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The money saved can be spent on something that's actually useful like helping the poor with charity etc.
I agree. The simple design in picture costs so little to make, so I can see potential for the masjid to multiply everywhere :).

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
It's a nice concept. I like it. Although, seems quite like a cage. Would have been better if the outer material was something else than what looks like a wire mesh.
The material reminds me of steel fences they use in prisons. But we have to take in factor the material has to last long and be able to withstand conditions hot or cold.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
10-24-2015, 06:58 PM
What does the cage protect? It's totally exposed to the elements !

Should at least have a roof, otherwise just place mats on the ground facing kiblah, no?

Artistic, I must say, functional?

:peace:

sister herb
10-24-2015, 07:25 PM
I could say that in the cold climate countries it might be quite uncomfortable. Specially at the winters. :nervous:

strivingobserver98
10-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Managed to find the official description for it :). So sister herb it's made mainly for the heat and desert.

Paradise Has Many Gates (2015), by Ajlan Gharem is an impressive installation of a 10 x 30m cage transformed into the shape of a mosque and installed in the desert outside

M.I.A.
10-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Do not like :(

Alhamdulillah, iv seen the masjid picture thread and some posts on there about how ugly some were made me cringe.

I feel this one is just inappropriate.. Unless making some sort of political statement.

As an idea its OK but its beautification is priority.. Even if its to cover it in a plain cloth to keep the sand out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!