/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Marriage

mnbv95
10-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Salam, I am a female muslim about half way done with university and I strongly desire to get married soon. Because of this, I feel I am ready to start looking. However, my parents keep brushing this off when I try to tell them I would like them to help me find someone, claiming I'm not ready and we can start looking after college graduation in a few years. This is very frustrating to me and I dont know what to do. Please advise.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mnbv95
10-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Salam, I am a female muslim about half way done with university and I strongly desire to get married soon. Because of this, I feel I am ready to start looking. However, my parents keep brushing this off when I try to tell them I would like them to help me find someone, claiming I'm not ready and we can start looking after college graduation in a few years. This is very frustrating to me and I dont know what to do. Please advise.

strivingobserver98
10-25-2015, 12:50 AM
:wa: sister.

Welcome to the forum, :ia: this place will benefit you.

Did you just bring up topic of marriage lightly or did you let your parents know how your feeling aswell?

Some brothers I knew their parents were also against it at the start. But they explained well and gave them reasons of why they need to get married and why it's beneficial. The brothers brought up the topic every month then every week and so on. At the end they were happily married :). Persistence and Communication is key.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!