/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabesque

*charisma*
10-25-2015, 04:24 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I love love love Islamic designs/ geometric patterns. After seeing videos of a few, I can appreciate the minds that created such wonderful art. Mashallah!

Here's a video (be aware there is music in the background)

If anyone can find more, please share. I'd love to see them!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-25-2015, 05:28 AM
:wa:

Masha Allah all of them look amazing :). What made you interested in this art? And have you got any you made yourself?

Here's some neat videos:

Star like design, the guy does commentary and shows you step by step.

Would love to get tiles of this! No commentary on this one, just visual.

Not only a pattern but calligraphy on this. All in watercolour.

This is really cool! Does anyone know what equipment he is using to make those brown marks?

These two people below are doing it on the computer instead. Masha Allah they have talent.

*charisma*
10-25-2015, 03:50 PM
When I went to Morocco, I fell in love with the tiles they have there. I also love the decorations inside masjids...I'm thinking to make a moroccan themed room, and I was wondering how difficult it would be to paint these decorations..now that I know I'll probably be buying stencils looool. This would take so long.

strivingobserver98
10-25-2015, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
When I went to Morocco, I fell in love with the tiles they have there. I also love the decorations inside masjids...I'm thinking to make a moroccan themed room, and I was wondering how difficult it would be to paint these decorations..now that I know I'll probably be buying stencils looool. This would take so long.
You mean something like this?

For a big room painting will take you ages. Yes your better off with stencils or tiles :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!