/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten part of Islam....what have you forgotten???

umairlooms
10-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Going through the Quran I cannot help but wonder how many times Allah asks us to do righteous good deeds. Again and Again Allah asks us to do righteous good deeds and I believe this is an aspect we have forgotten. I cannot remember the last time I helped someone, shared food with a neighbor, helped an elder cross a road, cleaned up a dirty place, helped someone resolve a dispute, or even just speak the truth when it became difficult to do so.

reading this in the Quran was an eye opener for me. I had totally forgotten such a basic message of the Quran, while attempting to learn salah, Quran tafseer etc

What have you forgotten from Islam that you want to remind yourself and others about?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-25-2015, 12:14 PM
...that Allah test you in GOOD and bad times.

Often we forget that good times are as much a test as bad times.

:peace:

Ridwaan Ravat
10-27-2015, 03:22 AM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Totally, Very sadly , we have abandoned a lot of the teachings of quraan. May Allah forgive us.

As a reminder I will list a few teachings of quraan in point form, not necessarily in sequence or direct translation:

1. Being punctual and particular with salaah.

2. Worshiping and asking help only from Allah.

3. Staying away from interest.

4. Being good to parents.

5. Upholding family ties.

6. Being good to neighbours.

7. Giving charity.

8. Staying away from fornication in all its forms.

9. Documenting all transactions.

10. Forbidding evil and guiding towards good.

May Allah help and guide us all. Aameen

umairlooms
10-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Quran almost constantly reminds us of the day of judgement as well. those parts are so scary, I find them difficult to read, but they are there for a reason for sure

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!