/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can one Greet Allah after greeting the Angels?

whosebob
10-25-2015, 06:54 PM
FATWA

Question:

Why don't we greet Allah after salaah. After greeting the Angels after salaah, why can't we greet Allah? In the Quran it states that Allah will greet the people of Jannah firdous with Assalaam wa laykoom. We must greet back.Also on the Day of Qiyamah when Allah is angry, the Prophet will ask Allah to be peaceful. In otherwords he'll wish peace on Him. Why can't we do that now already?Shuckran for your time Salaam

Answer (Sheikh Nadvi):
If you ponder in first Dua at sitting time it says Attahiyatulillah, which means greeting to Allah. So we already did it.
Allah Almighty knows best.

I still think it's better to greet Allah after greeting the Angel's though, it just make sense since you ending your Salaah.
I know people are going to have a fit, sorry if I offended anyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-26-2015, 12:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong), the greetings after prayers are to the angels keeping records of your deeds.

:peace:

Insaanah
10-26-2015, 10:59 AM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
Why don't we greet Allah after salaah. After greeting the Angels after salaah, why can't we greet Allah?
When we greet/send peace on the angels, we say peace be on you. We can't say peace be on you to Allah, because he Himself is the source of all peace.

Found In: Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 12, Characteristics of Prayer
Hadith no: 797
Narrated: Abdullah
When we prayed with the Prophet we used to say, "Peace be on Allah from His slaves and peace be on so and so." The Prophet said, "Don't say As-Salam be on Allah, for He Himself is As-Salam, but say, 'At-tahiyatu lil-lahi was-salawatu wat-taiyibatu. As-salamu 'Alaika aiyuhan-Nabiyu warahmatu-l-lahi wa barakatuhu. As-salamu 'alaina wa 'ala ibadillahis-salihin. Meaning: "Greetings, good words, prayers, pure actions belong to Allah. Peace be on you, O Prophet, and Allah's mercy and blessings (are on you). And peace be on us and on the good (pious) worshipers of Allah. I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is His slave and Apostle. (If you say this then it will be for all the slaves in heaven or between heaven and earth). Ashhadu an la-ilaha illallahu wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan 'Abduhu wa Rasuluhu.' Then select the invocation you like best and recite it." (See Hadith No. 794, 795 & 796).

http://ahadith.co.uk/searchresults.p...heaven&rows=10

We greet/praise Allah first in attihiyyaatu. The we greet/send peace on the angels last. This makes more sense anyway. But regardless of what we deem as sense, we cannot make our own minds up in matters of ibaadah according to what seems logical ourselves. Worship has to be as prescribed. After sending peace on the angels, then some of the dhikr straight afterwards, are:

Astaghfirullah, meaning I seek Allah's forgiveness (3 times)

Followed by:

Allahumma antassalaam, wa minkassalaam, tabaarakta yaa dhal jalaali wal ikraam. This means, O Allah, you are Peace/the Source of all peace and security, and from you comes all peace, blessed are you O Owner of Majesty/Magnificence/Glory and Honour.

http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/5/171

What can be better than that? Certainly nothing that we make up ourselves which, in fact, can incur sin.

Allah and his Prophet :saws: have taught us the best way to pray, they left nothing short and left nothing out. And the Prophet :saws: commanded we should pray how he prayed.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!