/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal meat?

Faree
10-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Is meat halal if it is prepared by non-muslims, not slaughtered the way muslims do? And what about sea food (Fish, shrimp, crab etc)
I am asking this question because in my school I'm the only muslim boy who does not eat meat because they may not be slaughtered properly. But every other muslims eat it and they say that it doesn't matter as long as it is not pork. Is it true that it is Halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
10-26-2015, 02:14 AM
Allah mentions some details in the Quran, Allah's final messenger Muhammad pbuh mentions some, and the intellect that Allah has given you tells you that human meat is not lawful to eat, and some are also makruh (disliked) by you and are unlawful to be presented or trick fed to you with the knowledge or feeling that you would dislike to eat such meat.

here are some among many that are specifically mentioned:

3.*Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
4.*They ask thee what is lawful to them (as food). Say: lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and what ye have taught your trained hunting animals (to catch) in the manner directed to you by Allah. eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah over it: and fear Allah. for Allah is swift in taking account.
Quran 5:3-4

the food of the people of the book is mentioned but bear in mind that claiming belief in the book and rejecting God is different from sincere belief.
the hadith mention fanged animals, birds of prey, donkey and a few others, please search for them.
and bear in mind that the Prophet pbuh who was dining with khaalid ra at an invitation declined to eat a certain reptile meat known as "dhabb" which he was almost going to eat until it's details were explained to them, he pbuh didn't say it was forbidden but clarfied that he disliked it due to his local unfamiliarity with it but he did watch khalid ra eat it though it without forbidding him.

if uncertain, research more by search engining terms for quran and hadith results, reading the quran and hadith yourself, asking or wait for a knowledgable scholar to respond, becoming a scholar, or hire a scholar to advise you at all times, also apply your conscience with Allah's pleasure in mind when no details are available.

edit:
reference and link to the hadith i posted:

Book 21, Number 4790:'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported:
I and Khalid b. Walid went to the apartment of Maimuna along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and there was presented to him a roasted lizard.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stretched his hand towards It, whereupon some of the women who had been in the house of Maimuna said: Inform Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) what he intends to eat.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) lifted his hand.
I said: Messenger of Allah, Is it forbidden?
He said: No. It is not found in the land of my people, and I feel that I have no liking for it.
Khalid said: I then chewed and ate it, while, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was looking (at me).

Book 21, Number 4791:'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported that Khalid b. Walid who is called the Sword of Allah had informed him that he visited Maimuna, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and she was the sister of his mother (that of Khalid) and that of 'Ibn Abbas, and he found with her a roasted lizard which her sister Hufaida the daughter of al-Harith had brought from Najd, and she presented that lizard to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).
It was rare that some food was presented to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) and it was not mentioned or named.
While Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was about to stretch forth his hand towards the lizard, a woman from amongst the women present there informed the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) what they had presented to him.
They said: Messenger of Allah, it is a lizard.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) withdrew his hand, whereupon Khalid b. Walid said: Messenger of Allah, is a lizard forbidden ?
There opon he said: No, but it is not found in the land of my people, and I feel that I have no liking for it.
Khalid said: I then chewed and ate it, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was looking at me and he did not forbid (me to eat it).

Book 21, Number 4792:
Khalid b. Walid reported that he visited Maimuna daughter of al-Harith with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), and she was the sister of his mother. She presented to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) the flesh of a lizard which Umm Hufaid daughter of al-Harith had brought from Najd, and she had been married to a person belonging to Banu Ja'far. It was the habit of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) not to eat anything until he knew what that was.
The rest of the hadith is the same but with this (addition): "Ibn al-Asamm narrated it from Maimuna and he was under her care."

Book 21, Number 4793:
Ibn 'Abbas reported: While we were in the house of Maimuna there were brought to Allah's Messenger two roasted lizards. Here no mention is made of al- 'Asamm narrating from Maimuna.

Book 21, Number 4785:
Ibn 'Umar reported that a person asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as he was sitting on the pulpit about the eating of the lizard, whereupon he said:
I neither eat it, nor do I prohibit it.
http://www.iium.edu.my/deed/hadith/muslim/021_smt.html
more details about food can be found in the link.

highclassnews6
10-26-2015, 02:31 AM
we ourselves produce process pack manufacture export halal meat, highclassnews6 atgmaildotcom, any one requires, best regards from Pakistan

MidnightRose
10-26-2015, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faree
Is meat halal if it is prepared by non-muslims, not slaughtered the way muslims do? And what about sea food (Fish, shrimp, crab etc)
I am asking this question because in my school I'm the only muslim boy who does not eat meat because they may not be slaughtered properly. But every other muslims eat it and they say that it doesn't matter as long as it is not pork. Is it true that it is Halal?
You might find this resource useful. Click on the blue-highlighted link to download a free PDF version of The Islamic Laws of Animal Slaughter by Mufti Taqi Usmani.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ridwaan Ravat
10-27-2015, 03:26 AM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

May Allah reward you for your concern regarding the food you eat.

You are correct in abstaining from food which is not slaughtered according to islaamic practice.

The thought that all except pork is halal, is false and misleading.

With regards to fish , any type of fish is halaal suitable.

Jazakallah khair

shafat10
10-27-2015, 09:35 AM
The meat isn't really slaughtered in the Islamic way.
Allah says that forbidden for you for food are, dead meat, the flesh of swine, blood and any food in which Allah's name has not been taken.

So this verse clears the fact that you are not allowed to eat meat which is not halal.
There are many people who say that "tell Bismillah" and it will be fine, no, not at all. It's a total lie, and a false claim. Then you can say Bismillah and drink alcohol also lol. So that's not the case.
If you don't have halal meat, eat vegetables and other food.

And sea food like you mentioned, those are halal, it's mentioned in the Quran so it's okay to eat those. It's halal.

Faree
10-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Ok thanks all of you for reply :sl: :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!