/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making up Missed Prayers

brotherabdullah
10-29-2015, 12:46 AM
As Salaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,
My dear brothers and sisters, in today's society, due to some difficulties of work or studies, such as a college student who cant find a nearby mosque, miss a prayer or two.
At times, I miss prayers, usually Dhur Asr and sometimes Maghrib. However when I come home, or when I located a mosque I'm near too I go and make up my missed prayers.

Is this allowed? If you miss a prayer can you still make it up even if it was Dhur prayer that you missed and you made up at Maghrib time.
What if you miss a days worth of Salat (not because of procrastination, for legitimate reasons) and pray it all at the end of the day?

Also, if you do miss a prayer are you allowed to pray the sunnah that belongs to that prayer? For example, praying Dhur during the time interval between Asr and Maghrib?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
10-30-2015, 07:21 AM
:wa:

Thanks for your post. We are not allowed to miss any prayer without a real valid reason. The usual difficulties at work, studies, meetings etc are not valid reasons for missing out salaah. We are told to hold tight onto prayer for it is success. A sense of fulfillment and accomplishment is always felt after performing salah, no matter what the condition - so never miss any.

If, however, salah was missed then it should be made up at the soonest possible time, excluding the makruh times - at sunrise, zawal time and near sunset/at sunset time.

Perform only the 4 fard as qada and for esha the 3 witr as well. Nafl or sunnah salah is not allowed between asr and maghrib, but if you have qada then you may do so.

Hope this helps.

Any more questions?

Khalid Saifullah
10-31-2015, 04:07 AM
Wasal

You don't need a Masjid to perform salaat. If the Masjid is far, it can be performed anywhere.

Carry your musalla with you all the time and make sure you are in a state of wudhu most of the time.

When doing qada (covering up for missed salaats), there is no need to perform the sunnat.

It is a sin to delay salah beyond its time. One needs a very strong reason for doing so like travelling and unable to stop, extreme fear and insecurity, extreme sickness etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!