/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Member

eireannach
10-29-2015, 05:48 AM
My name is Kevin. "Eireannach" means "Irishman" in Gaelic. I am a born-again Christian. I add the words "born-again" because most of the world thinks that you can be a Christian without being born again. However, Jesus said "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." I hope we can have lots of civil discussions on our respective faiths here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the forum.

There has been lots of inter faith discussions here in the past. You only need to browse through to see it and post your comments there..

Just a word though, this is a site to promote the understanding of islam and not to promote other faith.

Wishing you a fruitful stay.

:peace:

Abz2000
10-29-2015, 11:53 AM
born again - amazing description.
born again and again and again is even more amazing though.

Ibn-e-Shimāsa Al Mahri Rahimahullāh narrates that we were present with ‘Amr ibnil-Ās (RA) while he was in the throes of death.
After weeping continuously, he turned his face towards the wall. At this, his son consoled him saying;
“O my father! Has the Messenger of Allah Sallallāhu 'Alaihi wasallam not given you the glad tidings of such and such? Has*the Messenger of Allah Sallallāhu 'Alaihi wasallam not given you the glad tidings of such and such?”
He then faced us and said;
“Verily the most excellent thing that we prepare (for ourselves) is the testimony of Lā ilāha illallāhu wa anna Muhammadur Rasūllullāh*(There is none worthy of worship except Allāh, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah).
*Indeed I have passed my life through three stages. I had seen myself when there was no one more bitter in hatred towards*the Messenger of Allah Sallallāhu 'Alaihi wasallam than myself, and no one more desiring to seize an opportunity to kill him than myself!*And had I died in that state, I certainly would have been of the people of the Fire.
Then, Allāh placed Islām in my heart, I came to*the Messenger of Allah Sallallāhu 'Alaihi wasallam and said:
Give me your right hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you. He extended his right hand, but I withdrew my hand.
At this he asked: What is with you O 'Amr?
I said: I want to make a condition.
He said: Make a condition of what?
I said: That I be forgiven!

He said; "Did you not know that (the acceptance of) Islām eradicates the sins committed before it and Hijrah (migration) eradicates the sins committed before it and that Hajj (pilgrimage) eradicates the sins committed before it.”

And (thereafter) no one was more revered to me than*the Messenger of Allah Sallallāhu 'Alaihi wasallam. And I could not bear to fill my eyes (with the sight) of him out of reverence for him. And if I were asked to describe him, I would not be able to do so, as I never looked*at him to my fill; and had I died in that state, I would have been hopefully amongst the people of Paradise.
Afterwards, we were given responsibilities regarding which I know not how I have fared, (This was the third phase of my life) So when I die (see that) I am not accompanied by a wailing woman, or a fire. When you have buried me, mould the mud upon my grave (in the shape of) a mound, then remain standing around my grave for such time as it would take to slaughter a camel and distribute its meat, so that I may feel solace from you, while I see what reply I give to the messengers (angels) of my Rabb.“
[Muslim]

Muslim Woman
10-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl. browse forum and ask about Islam if u have any question . As already stated , this forum is not for promoting of other faith except Islam .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eireannach
10-30-2015, 05:21 AM
I understand. However, I notice in some of the interfaith dialogue that Christianity is often misrepresented so I think there's a need to address that.

---------- Post Merged at 05:23 AM ----------

My goal here is to respectfully address any misconceptions and misrepresentations of Christianity as I see them. If that promotes my faith so be it. You are free to bar me if you feel the need to.

aflawedbeing
10-31-2015, 01:26 AM
I for one would like to welcome you to the forums, Kev.
I hope you grant Islam the same liberty and open ears you expect us to with your Christianity. :)
I stress, take nothing on face value, and always ask 'Why?'

My first question to you, I suppose is, why did you seek out an Islamic forum?

lonewolf007
11-03-2015, 07:45 PM
hi kevin welocme to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your stay

just a friendly reminder to everyone including myself, when discussing about religion, its easy to get heated up and lose your cool, lets try and respect each others views and discuss in a way that no one gets offended :)

haiman10
11-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Hi Kevin...welcome to the forum...you may ask anything that you would like to know about Islam...we are here to answer.....I was good born again here in Africa but after seeking guidance from the Most High Allah.... He made me Muslim .... Did you know that all the prophet you have ever hard of ..Were all Muslim ...From Adam (Peace Be Upon Him to last the Prophet). All of them were worshipping One True GOD.... GOD OF Heaven and Earth and all the exists and in between Heaven and Earth....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!